Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
haha, I just wish we would throw out all the Heinrich lineups

Just wondering. Why do you guys misspell Kirks name? He's been in the NBA for a while now, with the Bulls for 9 seasons, going on 10. Holds a few franchise records as well. Is it because you don't watch the games, so you never see how it's actually spelled? Or do you just know a dude with the name spelled Heinrich, therefore you never adjusted? Even the iconic lebron tackle pictures now of him, with his jersey and name clearly there for you to see it.

lebron-james-kirk-hinrich.jpg

500x1000px-LL-3645bc19_kirkhinrich.jpeg

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It always bothered me that people would misspell Dwyane Wade as "Dwayne" Wade back when he was my favorite player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Vinny you mean, Kurt?

We all should know the VDN Kurt. But where did Heinrich come from?

I'm kind of hoping one of these guys who keep misspelling it, answer.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
my only guess would be auto correct changes it to Heinrich

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They hate him so much they don't even want to refer to him by his actual name?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
my only guess would be auto correct changes it to Heinrich

This has been going on for a while, before autocorrect could be used as an excuse. Heck, even if you had to use a browsers spell-check, that person should know by now, how to spell his name. Just over-ride the autocorrect(which will add it to the modern mobile device's dictionary for good) or add Hinrich to your browser's spell check dictionary.

I think some Bulls fans really don't know how to spell Hinrich. But I await their explanation.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they aren't talking about Kirk Hinrich at all. Perhaps they are referring to Kurt Heinrich (the infamous Grammar Nazi of the WWII era).

220px-Kurt_Heinrich.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
your all bent out of shape about an e? fucking ebola is rampaging west africa?

Some people place importance on different things, we are all different and function as a team ideally and fill in the holes for society and find our place. Keep filling in those E's!!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Just a question. The guy has been on the Bulls for 9 years, and I'm wondering why you misspell it?

And it's not just you, but a decent number of fans.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a question. The guy has been on the Bulls for 9 years, and I'm wondering why you misspell it?

Probably because 99.9% of Bulls' fans don't watch (and/or record and watch later) every single game like you. Slash severe lack-of attention to detail.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Probably because 99.9% of Bulls' fans don't watch (and/or record and watch later) every single game like you. Slash severe lack-of attention to detail.

But they also post here, and see others spelling his name. They have seen at least one game, right? At least looked at a few box scores.

Or is the reason for misspelling his name along the lines of, *Oops, I've been fucking up*, and there is no actual reason?

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Conversely, I've never understood why some care about misspelled words on an internet forum. I think that's your answer as well. Some people just don't care. Personally, I just call him Kirk so I don't have to think too much.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But they also post here, and see others spelling his name. They have seen at least one game, right? At least looked at a few box scores.

Or is the reason for misspelling his name along the lines of, *Oops, I've been fucking up*, and there is no actual reason?

I'd again go with severe lack-of attention to detail.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Conversely, I've never understood why some care about misspelled words on an internet forum. I think that's your answer as well. Some people just don't care. Personally, I just call him Kirk so I don't have to think too much.

I actually don't run around like a grammar nazi(my post history should demonstrate so). But the guy that has been a Bull the longest of the current roster, holds franchise records, I mean, that's not nitpicking IMO. It's not like when Aaron Gray was being called Aaron Grey, or when Jud Buechler was being called Jed Buchlor. This is Kirk Hinrich, the guy who makes Bulls headlines for his good and bad play on a semi-regular basis. The guy with his own cheering section among homers, and the guy that has well recognized NBA nickname.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I actually don't run around like a grammar nazi(my post history should demonstrate so). But the guy that has been a Bull the longest of the current roster, holds franchise records, I mean, that's not nitpicking IMO. It's not like when Aaron Gray was being called Aaron Grey, or when Jud Buechler was being called Jed Buchlor. This is Kirk Hinrich, the guy who makes Bulls headlines for his good and bad play on a semi-regular basis. The guy with his own cheering section among homers, and the guy that has well recognized NBA nickname.

I didn't mean to imply you were the grammar nazi. I see the same thing with Alshon Jeffery with the Bears. I just think people get used to a certain way and just don't care to change. Myself, I always look at words and break them down. ie, Hin-rich. If you look at it that way sometimes it clicks. But chalk it up to more silly things you see on the internet.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe some people just don´t know better.

If I got a dollar for every time I saw someone writing Michael Jorden or Michael Jordon .....

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always thought that his name was Heinlich:)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

well, keep digging. Maybe you'll get to the bottom of it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will speak for myself. As one person, one sample.

I was a better speller before autocorrect, and now I just do not care. If its a paper or something for a journal...there will be no mistakes. Not one. Anywhere. If its a text I don't care, if its talking sports on a post blog whatever we are I don't care, if its Facebook I care a little, enough to correct or proofread.

And I skim read. Scan...so I actually never noticed the full detail of his name, because I know how its pronounced (Hein- Rick) from TV. So when I read it, I identify it in the line well ahead and don't use resources to check spelling of words, but rather to capture meaning and read faster, scanning and thinking. So when I type, I just go phonetically based off my mental scans, which in this case, were always skipped because its a distinct word in visual profile and capatalized so to stand out. Hinrich...I simply never looked at it fully in 9 years because I just don't care.