Taj crushes rumors with Tweet

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
"@TajGibson22: I like coming off the bench tho!!! Starting or coming of the bench really doesn't matter. Please miss me with the drama #SeeRed #BullsNation"

I can't believe people actually thought he would be disgruntled about the Gasol signing. Gasol is an All Star. No need to let pride get in the way of making your team better. Hinrich didn't have a fit when Rose was drafted to replace him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Taj is such a great team guy. Honestly, I think he's a little upset at coming off the bench, but he's willing to take it if it means winning. That's a great sacrifice for him to make. Props.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think Aggrey Sam via CSN released an article saying he was upset. But I think Sam vastly overstated his situation. I would expect him to be a little upset, but nothing a little time couldn't heal. Taj is cool with everything, I truly believe that.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I was surprised about the article that came out. I normally would chalk it up to the BS media stirring up a story, but normally Sam is pretty good imo. I think most people would say they want to start, but Taj will definitely not be the disgruntled type.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I love Taj's work ethic, but he's not a starting PF. The Bulls should have traded him when they had the chance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love Taj's work ethic, but he's not a starting PF. The Bulls should have traded him when they had the chance.
Well he's still not the starting PF so...you're still right? I guess they could've traded him while he was on his rookie deal, but for who? As we all know, big name players coming here isn't really happening any time soon.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Well he's still not the starting PF so...you're still right? I guess they could've traded him while he was on his rookie deal, but for who? As we all know, big name players coming here isn't really happening any time soon.

A draft pick would have been nice, or move him for an impact scorer. He needed to be gone if they had serious aspirations of signing Melo anyhow.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A draft pick would have been nice, or move him for an impact scorer.
Eh...doubt we'd get anything but a mid 1st for him unless we traded him after like...2 years. I don't remember anything being on the table that was worth doing. I suppose theoretically we could swap him and JR Smith as they have similar salaries now. :shrug:

He's here though, so might as well cheer for him. He had a great year last year.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Eh...doubt we'd get anything but a mid 1st for him unless we traded him after like...2 years. I don't remember anything being on the table that was worth doing. I suppose theoretically we could swap him and JR Smith as they have similar salaries now. :shrug:

He's here though, so might as well cheer for him. He had a great year last year.

This is all in response to him not being happy as a reserve. He's earned a shot at starting, the problem is he can't shoot. If he could hit a jumpshot with regularity he'd be an allstar.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He wouldn't be good enough to be the starting PF on a team that wins the championship, most likely. But he would start for about half of teams in the NBA. You'd be hard-pressed to find a defensive player on that level who can give you some offense here and there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is all in response to him not being happy as a reserve. He's earned a shot at starting, the problem is he can't shoot. If he could hit a jumpshot with regularity he'd be an allstar.
You could make that claim for several players probably. He did hit his jumper a little bit better last year towards the end so maybe that'll carry over who knows. He's no world beater, but he's solid. Sure he's not a starting PF on a championship team (unless that team has CP3, Lebron, and Durant or something), but he's one of the better reserve forwards. There's not many PFs coming off the bench that can play that level of defense and still be decent offensively. He's coming off a great playoffs so right now we should just hope he can build on that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just love when Taj gets mad and dunks on people, like Lebron.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I like taj...

Guy is under appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Gibson has had the right attitude from day one. He's very easy to root for.