Monday, May 10 @ 7:05 CT on CSN.

naterobertson.jpg

Lefty Nate Robertson
(2-3 with a 4.85 ERA)

vs.

tedlilly.jpg

Lefty Ted Lilly
(he's 1-2 with a 5.29 ERA)

In Mr. Robertson's last outing against the SanFran Giants, he gave up 6 hits with 2 earned runs and he only gave up one free base over 5 1/3 innings. He coasted through 5 innings however and imploded in the sixth when he let 5 guys in a row reach base (one wasn't his fault, I guess). Most of us know how Ted Lilly faired his last time out with the Cubs - 6 innings, 9 hits, 4 runs (and a whopping three doubles in a row). Let's hope Lilly can get back on the winning horse and fry up the marlins.

---------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 11 @ 7:05 CT on CSN.

rickynolasco.jpg

Sir Quality Start Righty Ricky Nolasco
(Breaks even at 2-2, 4.08 ERA)

vs.

randywells.jpg

Mr. "I'm terrible & unacceptable" Righty Randy Wells
(a beautiful 3-1, and a 4.86 ERA)

Nolasco has given the Marlins 3 quality starts out of his 6 appearances on the mound. Last time against the Giants he went 6 innings while giving up 5 hits and 3 runs. He basically lost his last game because the offense couldn't generate any runs. He gives them a chance. Do I even have to talk about Randy Wells' last outing against the Pirates? I really don't want to. He went a very ugly 2 innings and in which he couldn't throw a strike for two consecutive batters and 5 men scored in the first inning alone. However this was very out of character for him seeing as 3 out of his last 5 outings were quality starts. Go get 'em Randy! (If he wins I'll be buying his shirt on Wednesday)

------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 12 @ 1:20 CT on WGN.

chrisvolstad.jpg

Righty Chris Volstad
(he's got a 3-2 record, 4.12 ERA)

vs.

tomgorzelanny.jpg

The 'I-Really-Don't-Want-To-Watch-Him-Pitch' Lefty Tom Gorzelanny
(a crappy 1-4, a not too shabby 2.83 ERA)

I will be in attendance for this game and I really would much rather see someone else on the staff pitch. I'm not a big fan of Gorze. Even if his last start against the Reds wasn't too bad (damn offense will be the death of us). He gave up 3 runs over 6 innings. He gave up 9 hits overall but he also struck out 9 batters which rocks. He had NO run support what-so-freaking-ever and then the bullpen gave us the big FU and we ended up losing 14-2. :clap:

Overall Volstad has faced the Cubs four times and has no decisions for all of them. He also has a 2.81 ERA against us. And his past two starts have been against the Nats and he did pretty well, only giving up 3 runs & striking out 12 over both games.

LET'S GO CUBS! :cubs:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I wonder how well Castro can hit at Wrigley. Hopefully Wrigley works for him.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I think whereever Castro plays it'll work out for him.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just hope Castro looks better at the plate than he did yesterday. He looked awful yesterday at the dish.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I just want to see the bats get going consistently. This every other series is killing me. And only one game where they looked good in Cincy and that was the first game.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's go Cubbies! I was going to buy tickets for one of these games, but I decided not to. It looks more and more like Cubs-Sox will be my only game this year. Maybe one or 2 when the Phillies are in town, and I might go on the road to a game or 2 with some buddies, but that's it. Especially after I went to 6 games of crap last year

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I wanted to go to tonights game, nobody i know what to go though. Oh well. Hopefully the Cubs have some consistency this series, good consistency though, not consistency at being bad, like they have been...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for Castro's first at-bat at Wrigley. Want to see standing ovation.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Soriano with two hits and an RBI. I hope he can keep this hitting up. Imagine where this team would be right now if he played like a lot of people thought he would this year. I could have been worse.