Fire Lou

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
When is it time to just cut ties with Pinella? I know his contract is up at the end of the year, but hell, he just doesn't have it in him. The Cincinatti series said it all.

First with that play at homeplate a couple nights ago where the homeplate ump blew the call. It felt like Lou felt obligated to go out and argue the call, then he walks back to the dugout with his head down, obviously defeated. It was clear the ump blew the call. It wouldn't have made a difference either way, but still, it's the point of the matter.

Secondly leaving Dempster in the game yesterday. It was clear Lou wanted to pull the plug, but guess he didn't have the heart to. He has to start making decisions based off of his brain and not analysis, and not just having a feeling.

Maybe getting rid of Lou could just be a step forward to turning the season around.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And get who exactly? Lou sucks, but what option exactly do you see?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't want an interim manager. Wait until after the season when his contract is up. The odds of us making the playoffs are slim, but in Lee and Ramirez start hitting, the rotation gets back to what they were a few weeks ago and GraBlow stops sucking, we have a really good team. If that happens, Lou is good enough.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I don't want an interim manager. Wait until after the season when his contract is up. The odds of us making the playoffs are slim, but in Lee and Ramirez start hitting, the rotation gets back to what they were a few weeks ago and GraBlow stops sucking, we have a really good team. If that happens, Lou is good enough.

When Lee and Ramirez do start to come around, and the bullpen hopefully improves, who's to say that Lou still wouldn't make horrible decisions?

Are you saying that the manager doesn't affect the team with the hopes that the players improve?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont know, maybe Sandberg? Trammel?

I would be okay with Trammel, but Sandberg would just be awful.

If we brought up Ryno for the remainder of the season or something I would be okay with it, but I want nothing to do with Ryno as a manager.

I would be okay with Brenley, but I feel he has mouthed off too much lately to be taken seriously.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I would love Brenley to be our manager. What makes you think Sandberg would be awful?

I heard Brenleys comments on the score a couple weeks ago, loved the comments he made about Soriano.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love Brenley to be our manager. What makes you think Sandberg would be awful?

I heard Brenleys comments on the score a couple weeks ago, loved the comments he made about Soriano.

When he was managing the Peoria Chiefs I saw him sac bunt with the number 3 hitter in the first inning.

From that point on I want nothing to do with him.

And while Brenley's comments weren't completely unfounded, he basically threw Soriano under the bus. I don't remember him well with the D'Backs, but I don't really want him doing that here. He has already bad mouthed a few Cubs, I just don't see it going well.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
When he was managing the Peoria Chiefs I saw him sac bunt with the number 3 hitter in the first inning.

From that point on I want nothing to do with him.

And while Brenley's comments weren't completely unfounded, he basically threw Soriano under the bus. I don't remember him well with the D'Backs, but I don't really want him doing that here. He has already bad mouthed a few Cubs, I just don't see it going well.

So based off of a Sac. bunt in the number three hitter you don't want him managing? Theres nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, just take a look at LaRussa. Maybe that hitter needed to work on bunting? It is Class A Ball. Maybe Sandberg thought the pitcher was pretty nasty and it would come by to score runs.

With Brenleys comments, theres nothing wrong at all for calling out a memeber of the team. He's not supposed to be a cheerleader.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So based off of a Sac. bunt in the number three hitter you don't want him managing? Theres nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, just take a look at LaRussa. Maybe that hitter needed to work on bunting? It is Class A Ball. Maybe Sandberg thought the pitcher was pretty nasty and it would come by to score runs.

With Brenleys comments, theres nothing wrong at all for calling out a memeber of the team. He's not supposed to be a cheerleader.

Sorry but there is no reason to bunt with the three hitter in the first inning.

Thinking outside the box is one thing, like what Dusty did yesterday with getting Gomes to third, or trying to pick off Castro. Thats fine.

Giving up outs in the first is dumb, and the point of A ball isnt really winning its development, having a power guy bunt is just dumb dumb dumb.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Sorry but there is no reason to bunt with the three hitter in the first inning.

Thinking outside the box is one thing, like what Dusty did yesterday with getting Gomes to third, or trying to pick off Castro. Thats fine.

Giving up outs in the first is dumb, and the point of A ball isnt really winning its development, having a power guy bunt is just dumb dumb dumb.

What game was it? Or which player? Do you remeber a date or who they played?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What game was it? Or which player? Do you remeber a date or who they played?

It was vs the South Bend Silver Hawks, and it was with Josh Donaldson.

I am pretty sure he didn't get the bunt down though, he looked completely hapless his first two attempts at the bunt.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Lou is losing his mind and does not know what he does anymore. That is why I think we need a change. Sandberg!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
It's funny how the same people in 07, 08 loved Lou, and he was the best manager in baseball. But starting last year and into this year, he sucks.

Oh the tides have turned.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny how the same people in 07, 08 loved Lou, and he was the best manager in baseball. But starting last year and into this year, he sucks.

Oh the tides have turned.

Isnt it though. Thats something I will never get. The people that thought this team was going to win the central before the season started seem to be the same ones saying its all over now.

The same people who loved Lou in 08 are the ones hating him now. Dusty went through the same thing. "In Dusty we Trusty"... until you lose for a couple seasons. Hell Dusty wasnt even given the resourses that Lou has been blessed with.

The team just isnt good from the top to the bottom, and its gonna take a few years to get back to where we want to be.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I don't like the way he kind of brushes things off with "what are you going to do?", but really there isn't much he can do when the bullpen is filled with rookies and inexperience and the team isn't hitting. You can't blame Lou for everything that happens. He can't make Ramirez hit, he can't make Lee hit and he can't get the bullpen to pitch shutout innings every time they come in. Just need to grind out the rest of the season. I'm as disappointed as anyone with the way the season has went but changing managers isn't going to help that. It does seem like he is going through the motions sometimes but he is a smart manager. What does looking like a fool help?

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lou, either try to fire up the team kicking dirt on an umpire, or if you won't do that or the dirt kicking doesn't work, quit, and go back home to Tampa and run out the clock there

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Lou, either try to fire up the team kicking dirt on an umpire, or if you won't do that or the dirt kicking doesn't work, quit, and go back home to Tampa and run out the clock there

I don't beleive that kicking dirt on an umpire or that sort of thing "fires" a team up, but I do beleive that he should be gone ASAP. It seem like doesn't want to be there, almost as if he has other things to do than manage a ball team.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I don't like the way he kind of brushes things off with "what are you going to do?", but really there isn't much he can do when the bullpen is filled with rookies and inexperience and the team isn't hitting. You can't blame Lou for everything that happens. He can't make Ramirez hit, he can't make Lee hit and he can't get the bullpen to pitch shutout innings every time they come in. Just need to grind out the rest of the season. I'm as disappointed as anyone with the way the season has went but changing managers isn't going to help that. It does seem like he is going through the motions sometimes but he is a smart manager. What does looking like a fool help?

Does a smart manager leave the starting pitcher in the game after 110 pitches when you have a lefty up to bat and a lefty already warmed up in the pen ready to go? I'm trying hard to remeber recent coaching decisions he has made that worked out and can't think of any.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should have hired Joe Girardi in 2006