Fire Lou

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
You're joking right? It's not Lou's fault that the team isn't hitting and the bullpen isn't pitching well. Granted he has made some terrible decisions this year, but we can't fault him for a lot of it.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
You're joking right? It's not Lou's fault that the team isn't hitting and the bullpen isn't pitching well. Granted he has made some terrible decisions this year, but we can't fault him for a lot of it.

Isn't it easier to fire one guy then to unload a bunch of bad contracts? When it's all said and done the finger pointing usually goes one way. I dont wanna bring up the past or anything either but 07 and 08 playoffs have a lot to do with bad managing as well.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
There is no point in not finishing the season with him. I don't want to see an interim manager come in for either the rest of the season or they just pick some random jackass that has a losing track record. I'd rather not see another Jim Riggleman step in right now. Lou is done at the end of the year anyway.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
There is no point in not finishing the season with him. I don't want to see an interim manager come in for either the rest of the season or they just pick some random jackass that has a losing track record. I'd rather not see another Jim Riggleman step in right now. Lou is done at the end of the year anyway.

Whats wrong with just bringing Sandberg up to stay with the team for good?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't fire Lou. Things can turn around quickly.
If this team is still 4/5 games under at the all-star break, maybe. But not in May.

The Cubs have lost a lot of low scoring games, 3-2, 3-1, 4-2. If Lee and Ramirez were actually hitting, they would have won some of those.

If Soriano can keep hitting, not .330, but good enough with power and Fukudome can actually not fall off a cliff as the season goes on, the Cubs should be okay offensively. Lee and Ramirez will get hot soon.

Sure, the bullpen is bad. Hopefully they can address that closer to the AS break. No one is trading now, so they're kinda stuck.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Can we stop with the Hire Girardi crap?

The Yankee's won off of pure talent. Give me Arod, Jeter, Cano, Tex, CC, Pos, and I could put together a winning team.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Yankee's won off of pure talent. Give me Arod, Jeter, Cano, Tex, CC, Pos, and I could put together a winning team.

Good point. I like Lou. People don't 'cause he says it straight up.

Kush77

Liked Posts:

I wanted Joe Girardi originally for two reasons. 1, he did a great job with the Marlins in his 1 year. And 2, he would be around for the long haul.

I liked the Lou hire, but it's looking like it's only gonna be 4 years, win or lose. Girardi could have been here for 10.

Winning with tons of talent isn't easy. The Yanks have had the most talent the entire decade and didn't win a title between 2001 and 2008. So I would give Girardi some credit in their title win.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Whats wrong with just bringing Sandberg up to stay with the team for good?

Because he is better with the young kids right now. Next year maybe, by why bring him up and leave the kids down there out on a limb. Everything that is being asked for is just because the Cubs aren't doing well and it's understandable. I like Lou where he is right now and win or lose they have to stick with him. Firing him now is going to be like they are giving up on the season.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Because he is better with the young kids right now. Next year maybe, by why bring him up and leave the kids down there out on a limb. Everything that is being asked for is just because the Cubs aren't doing well and it's understandable. I like Lou where he is right now and win or lose they have to stick with him. Firing him now is going to be like they are giving up on the season.

Firing Lou wont be giving up on the season but rather improve the season. For instance, we just had two runners on and he let Nady bat against a righty with two lefties available off the bench. Poor coaching decisions leads to losses.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What Kush said is pretty much why I also wanted Girardi

I wanted Joe Girardi originally for two reasons. 1, he did a great job with the Marlins in his 1 year. And 2, he would be around for the long haul.

I liked the Lou hire, but it's looking like it's only gonna be 4 years, win or lose. Girardi could have been here for 10.

Winning with tons of talent isn't easy. The Yanks have had the most talent the entire decade and didn't win a title between 2001 and 2008. So I would give Girardi some credit in their title win.

Exactly. I believe talent gets you into October, but once the playoffs begin, it's nothing but a crapshoot, and good managing can win you a short series

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, he was my first choice. We wouldn't be having this problem right now.

You mean Girardi would have prevented Aramis' shoulder from popping out last year? Girardi would make Derrek not suck right now?

The manager has very little influence on the game. I mean we are talking maybe 3 wins a year from the best to the worst manager. Its about talent. The Yankees didnt win because of Girardi they won because they have a massive amount of talent. You could hit A-Rod ninth in that lineup and it wouldnt have mattered that much.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
You mean Girardi would have prevented Aramis' shoulder from popping out last year? Girardi would make Derrek not suck right now?

The manager has very little influence on the game. I mean we are talking maybe 3 wins a year from the best to the worst manager. Its about talent. The Yankees didnt win because of Girardi they won because they have a massive amount of talent. You could hit A-Rod ninth in that lineup and it wouldnt have mattered that much.

Yeah thats exactly what I mean...sarcasm if you didn't get it.

How could you say the manager has very little influence over the game? He makes the lineups, he sets the pitching matchups, etc... He's the one who decided to leave Nady in the seventh and not pinched hit for Fukodome with two runners on. The manager has a ton of influence over the outcome of the game.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah thats exactly what I mean...sarcasm if you didn't get it.

How could you say the manager has very little influence over the game? He makes the lineups, he sets the pitching matchups, etc... He's the one who decided to leave Nady in the seventh and not pinched hit for Fukodome with two runners on. The manager has a ton of influence over the outcome of the game.

Sorry missed on the sarcasm its hard to read on the internet.

In the long run it evens out though. I mean there is no guarantee its going to make a difference if we hit Fuku there, or if we bring Marshall in to face Votto.

And the lineup has much less influence than you might think.

Baseball Lineup Simulator that is a lineup simulator its pretty neat you can try it out.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Sorry missed on the sarcasm its hard to read on the internet.

In the long run it evens out though. I mean there is no guarantee its going to make a difference if we hit Fuku there, or if we bring Marshall in to face Votto.

And the lineup has much less influence than you might think.

Baseball Lineup Simulator that is a lineup simulator its pretty neat you can try it out.

If it evens out dont you think a manager could sway that evening out to one side? More specifically with those two examples over the past few games.

Its just frustrating that everybody could see that the improper moves are being made. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. I just don't see what the Cubs have to gain from keeping the old man around.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So based off of a Sac. bunt in the number three hitter you don't want him managing? Theres nothing wrong with thinking outside the box, just take a look at LaRussa. Maybe that hitter needed to work on bunting? It is Class A Ball. Maybe Sandberg thought the pitcher was pretty nasty and it would come by to score runs.

With Brenleys comments, theres nothing wrong at all for calling out a memeber of the team. He's not supposed to be a cheerleader.

Single A ball is played differently then Majors for one thing. I do believe that Ryno will be our next manager. Dont fire Lou. Let him finish the year and see what happens.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Single A ball is played differently then Majors for one thing. I do believe that Ryno will be our next manager. Dont fire Lou. Let him finish the year and see what happens.

Yeah, I was saying it's played differently...