Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just straight up, who was the best ball handler you've ever seen in the NBA? I'll define ball handling as not only dribbling, but passing as well.

Imo Jason Williams was one of the best handlers I've ever seen. I'm pretty young compared to a lot of you and I haven't seen a ton of the classic Magic and Stockton stuff other than a few highlights, but the passes that Williams could pull off were just something else. He had a lot of slick dribble moves as well.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
John Stockton was the first that came to mind when reading the thread title for me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tough #1, maybe Iverson? He didn't pass a lot, but could. He didn't use a lot of effort to get that ball to where it needed to be in his prime. Not as trick as Pistol, not as smooth as Rubio, and not as synergized as Magic, but all-around explosive ball handling and awareness of footwork was something you can only get from 'practice'.. yeah had to go there before the obvious joke.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just straight up, who was the best ball handler you've ever seen in the NBA? I'll define ball handling as not only dribbling, but passing as well.

Imo Jason Williams was one of the best handlers I've ever seen. I'm pretty young compared to a lot of you and I haven't seen a ton of the classic Magic and Stockton stuff other than a few highlights, but the passes that Williams could pull off were just something else. He had a lot of slick dribble moves as well.

Dude, before I got to your second stanza...I was thinking in my head "white chocolate in Sacramento" did some nice things. Rubio in the international game where he could get away with ridiculous was cool, but it didn't translate predictably and he has too many turnovers at this time to be considered a good ball handler.

I mean.....Stockton deserves some credit here. He "controlled" the "ball" better than anyone to ever do it if you want to go by assists, by a considerable margin, with considerably less athleticism than most on that list. If you want more flash, or think what Jordan did was more impressive using the glass to spin...I mean thats high quality ball control.

I would put Jordan 1. Kobe 2. Stockton 3. Jackson 4 and at some point in a top 20, I have to decide where to put a guy like Tim Hardaway, because his stats are limited by knee injury, guys like that are the Gale Sayers of basketball. YOu have to mention them, but they don't have the credentials of the others due to circumstance.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Probably Jenna Jameson. Wait what are we talking about here? :rimshot:

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:

What's with the tough questions? :tongue: Williams isn't a bad choice. Iverson, Stockton ect. were good and even guys like Strickland imo. But I'll stick with Magic as my PG. His dribbling wasn't spectacular like some, but his size made it imposable to defend imo, and his passing was as good as anyone imo.

Talking about Williams, check out the elbow pass... unbelievable!

[video=youtube;m-Vq-DO86RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Vq-DO86RE[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jwill was the most swagged out white boy the league has seen

[video=youtube;Q8b0XbtpFsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8b0XbtpFsA[/video]

i'd mention Jamal Crawford

not really a passer but he has the best dribble moves in the league

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's with the tough questions? :tongue: Williams isn't a bad choice. Iverson, Stockton ect. were good and even guys like Strickland imo. But I'll stick with Magic as my PG. His dribbling wasn't spectacular like some, but his size made it imposable to defend imo, and his passing was as good as anyone imo.

Talking about Williams, check out the elbow pass... unbelievable!

[video=youtube;m-Vq-DO86RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Vq-DO86RE[/video]
lol just trying to get some fun discussion going while there's nothing going on.

I can't blame anyone for saying Magic, Stockton, Iverson, and the like, but there was just something about Williams that has him standing out in my mind. Maybe it was all the flair he had with his moves that just made everything he did look fancy, but things like the elbow pass...you gotta have ridiculous skills to pull something like that off.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I would go with Allen Iverson and then Tim Hardaway Sr.

Liked Posts:
Isaiah Thomas. John Stockton is an all time great and deserves to be in this discussion. But he ran off a lot of screens and did pick and rolls. Isaiah's handle was just as good and probably better and could create more on his own without defaulting to running the offense. I don't think Stockton should be penalized for doing what worked, since it did amazingly well. But on this specific question, Isaiah was capable of more than Stockton (and probably any other).

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The answer is the Answer!

[video=youtube;AaVFdK8afss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaVFdK8afss[/video]

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's an easy one for me. Pistol Pete Maravich was phenomenal.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
It has to be Iverson because he is "The Answer"

[video=youtube;Mf3Ju1gT91k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3Ju1gT91k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3Ju1gT91k[/video]

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those of you who liked White Chocolate, check this kid out:

[video=youtube;BvqDeeJd8lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvqDeeJd8lA&list=UUwtEu-BNlmexdrNrnFSY_LQ[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all the spastic manipulation is really interesting. Same thing with this kid....it seems like if you just remain calm and keep your composure you could pick this kids pocket constantly....but they distract you with the most bizarre shit.

Not champions....can be stopped with film study and desire and physical play. But its fun to watch...something miraculous and magical about the manipulation during the mundane so they can catch you off guard for the pass.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
J will was just smooth. I would have to also go with him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not an NBAer but I would have loved to see Meadowlark in his prime playing in the NBA.