Blackhawks add another to the training camp roster

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Daniel freaking Carcillo.

My only hope is that they don't actually break camp with him on the roster. There's no room on this team for him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm watching a collective Twitter freakout among the Blackhawks fans/blogs I follow.

Not going to get too worried about this unless Carcillo is still on the team next week.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If Carcillo can prove to not be a bonehead on the ice...he could be a nice 4th liner. Better than Mashinter for sure. Carcillo actually has some pretty decent skill to go with his agitator game. Only issue...is that he continues to do 1 or 2 complete boneheaded moves a year that earns him a suspension and costs the team.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If Carcillo can prove to not be a bonehead on the ice...he could be a nice 4th liner. Better than Mashinter for sure. Carcillo actually has some pretty decent skill to go with his agitator game. Only issue...is that he continues to do 1 or 2 complete boneheaded moves a year that earns him a suspension and costs the team.

After 8 years in the league I doubt he's going to change his ways. It's who he is.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
:office:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't disagree with you...but if that were still true, how does he not break camp with Pittsburgh considering their bottom six situation?

greg23

Liked Posts:
guess I don't understand the need for a bollig, mashinter, carcillo type......come the playoffs these guys become useless and usually get benched 2-3 games in anyway......get morin on the 4th line with smith and kruger and call it a day.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
guess I don't understand the need for a bollig, mashinter, carcillo type......come the playoffs these guys become useless and usually get benched 2-3 games in anyway......get morin on the 4th line with smith and kruger and call it a day.

Exactly. A 4th line of Morin-Kruger-Smith would be better than 95% of the 4th lines in the NHL.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Carbomb? No worries. TT will be in the lineup the second Carbomb runs some poor soul into the boards and gets a huge suspension.

This isnt a bad thing, it gives TT a couple games in Rockford to condition.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Carbomb? No worries. TT will be in the lineup the second Carbomb runs some poor soul into the boards and gets a huge suspension.

This isnt a bad thing, it gives TT a couple games in Rockford to condition.

More annoyed that he may take ice time from Morin than TT.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
More annoyed that he may take ice time from Morin than TT.
And i agree with you....but this is Carbomb were talking about. Chances are he dont make it past opening night without running somebody.

I swear TT is the real deal. If this kid isnt playing regular third line minutes on the Hawks Q needs to be bitch slapped with some elderly ladies fish flapper. The kid is an elite talent and if its carbomb ruining his chances of putting up 40 points this year somebody needs to call a proctologist because Q will need his head examined.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And i agree with you....but this is Carbomb were talking about. Chances are he dont make it past opening night without running somebody.

I swear TT is the real deal. If this kid isnt playing regular third line minutes on the Hawks Q needs to be bitch slapped with some elderly ladies fish flapper. The kid is an elite talent and if its carbomb ruining his chances of putting up 40 points this year somebody needs to call a proctologist because Q will need his head examined.

Preaching to the choir here, man. I'm fully on board the Teuvo Train.

Still undecided on Morin but I want to see more of him in the NHL before I make that conclusion. Hence my frustration with Carcillo likely getting ice time over him. I know what Carcillo is. Morin could be much, much more.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks signed Richards to fill the big 2nd line center hole & let Teuvo develop.

Slow the hype train down..damn.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Capt. Serious defending Blowman.

Feels like the first time :troll:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I wrong to think they are telling Tuevo to take it slow all along? Probably they want to keep him in Rockford for half a season if for no other reason than to keep him healthy, fresher, get more minutes, and limit his statistical output and thereby his contract by one year.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks have signed Carcillo to a 1 year contract for 550k according to capgeek.