ESPN 500: Bulls 2014

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noah is over rated and Bosh is under rated. Bosh is a bad boy that actually has a better all around game then he did in Toronto. Its just been hidden behind James and Wade. Dont get me wrong Noah is a really good player, but some people take it to far.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way Rose should be #4.

With the exception of that I don't mind Rami's list.
I think he's a little low on Curry, Irving, Davis, and Cousins. But after the top 3 or 4(LBJ, Durant, Paul) it starts to get really hard to differentiate these guys sometimes.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler #70

Taj Gibson #65

First glance seems pretty high for Butler.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noah averages 3 less points a game than Bosh and 9 less than Cousins.

Noah also has every opportunity to score since the Bulls had one of the NBA's worst offenses last season, while the Heat had one of the best. Bosh wasn't getting nearly as many scoring opportunities as if he would've if he played with Taj and Augustin as opposed to LeBron and Wade.

BUT....... Noah averages 5.5 assists a game while Cousins averages 3 and Bosh 1. Therefore, in this area, Noah accounts for 22 points, Bosh accounts for 17, and Cousins accounts for 25.

Bosh and Cousins account for more points than you give them credit for. Since they are both great talents scoring-wise, that creates easier scoring opportunities for their teammates.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's just odd to see FT and Rami have a civil basketball discussion. Up is down, down is up, day is night, night is day.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah also has every opportunity to score since the Bulls had one of the NBA's worst offenses last season, while the Heat had one of the best. Bosh wasn't getting nearly as many scoring opportunities as if he would've if he played with Taj and Augustin as opposed to LeBron and Wade.

Sure. That is hilarious. Bosh gets wide open looks because all of the attention given to Lebron and Wade. Take a gander about shooting percentages between the two. Bosh's should be much better because he gets wide open looks. Noah gets contested a lot underneath.

Bosh and Cousins account for more points than you give them credit for.

Rubbish. Scoring and assists are scoring and assists.

Since they are both great talents scoring-wise, that creates easier scoring opportunities for their teammates.

That is really, really, funny. IF that were true, they would have many many more assists. Bosh is like the proverbial Bermuda Triangle. Balls go in to him and never come out again. Cousins is certainly better than Bosh and almost as good as Noah. He will probably end up better over-all than both if he matures.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bravo comparing the top scoring option on a bad offensive team to the third scoring option on one of the best offenses in the NBA.

Funny thing is that Noah still couldn't average more than 12 points per-game even though he played on one of the worst 5 offensive teams in the NBA.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is really, really, funny. IF that were true, they would have many many more assists. Bosh is like the proverbial Bermuda Triangle. Balls go in to him and never come out again. Cousins is certainly better than Bosh and almost as good as Noah. He will probably end up better over-all than both if he matures.

That's because those balls usually end up at the bottom of the basket.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Butler, for me, would been about 110 on my list.

He'd be a bit higher than 70 but discounting his defense and the fact that he plays hard for most of the game has to be counted. Ignore defense if you will, but coaches, especially like Thibs and other great coaches do not.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I imagine his defense is the reason why Rami put him in that spot on the list. Because it certainly isn't his offensive game.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd be a bit higher than 70 but discounting his defense and the fact that he plays hard for most of the game has to be counted. Ignore defense if you will, but coaches, especially like Thibs and other great coaches do not.

I don't ignore his defense at all. He's one of the best in the league. If he had average defense with the same offense, he'd be well-below the 250 mark.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Funny thing is that Noah still couldn't average more than 12 points per-game even though he played on one of the worst 5 offensive teams in the NBA.
Disagree. He'd have a lot more tip-in chances. That in of itself, helps Noah's scoring average.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noah is over rated and Bosh is under rated. Bosh is a bad boy that actually has a better all around game then he did in Toronto. Its just been hidden behind James and Wade. Dont get me wrong Noah is a really good player, but some people take it to far.

And a coach that refused/didn't know how to utilize him with LeBron and Wade.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
See I think most people rate Noah properly, I think it's Bulls fans that overrate him. He's great, love that he is on the Bulls - but if the right offer came around I'll pack his bags personally.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bravo comparing the top scoring option on a bad offensive team to the third scoring option on one of the best offenses in the NBA.

Best scoring option? Hilarious. Sure, the Bulls offense sure depended on Noah as the first option. Are You serious? Ever hear of Noah being their top assist guy? Bosh is the Bermuda Triangle. He never saw a shot he didn't like. Give me a break.