Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good Lord....pray it doesn't get to a shoot out. What an embarrassing display in New York....I swear even at my age, I could make better attempts than what either team did, save for TT's nice move.

:smug:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Celebrate Good Times Come On

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Crow played lights out. Good win, found our legs in the third, and kept that momentum. See you guys next game.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
867655328.gif

867655443.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Tvr looked heady out there... And here I thought he potentially was only on the roster because Stan promised it to him for signing here.

Figured the plan was for Q to never use him and eventually he would beg for playing time in Rockford.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Some thoughts on the first game of the season...

- It is only the first game of the season. Nice to watch a regular season game again, but I'm sure plenty will change
- Dallas looked damn good. If they can keep Lehtonen healthy and improve their D a little (trade deadline?) they could easily be in the thick of things at the end of the year.
- Rundblad did not look good. Out of position, flat footed, unsure. Not a good situation for the Blackhawks. Rundblad has to go through waivers at this point in his career and the Blackhawks just traded some valuable picks for him. I don't know how he helps this team if he plays like he has in the pre-season and last night.
- TVR - I would ultimately like to see him down in Rockford but he looked good on the rush. Stars attacked him outside at times and beat him
- Blackhawks/Stars did spend about 20 minutes on special teams, so Q is sort of correct but I think it shows a lot when he doesn't have the confidence to play Rundblad/TVR much. Q feels confident in Rozsival, and the Blackhawks did miss him as a number 5/6 guy last night. Think we, the fans, have been spoiled with a Rozsival/Leddy #5/6 over the last few years. Definitely not your average back end.
- Morin once again showed why he hasn't been a regular in the NHL. Love his shoot first attitude because good things happen when you get the puck to the net but he takes way to many shifts off. Blackhawks need more out of him for the role that he plays/is supposed to play.

Should be a good one on Saturday and nice to see the team get a win in the first game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Good to see Crawford silence any potential doubters of his in the first game of the year.

He's more than capable of being the Hawks goalie. May not carry the team by himself but certainly has the skill to steal two points here and there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, the power play looked damn good last night. Lots of movement, lots of shots, and the one goal. More of that, please.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, the power play looked damn good last night. Lots of movement, lots of shots, and the one goal. More of that, please.

Couldn't see much detail on the smallish screen at the bowling alley but I did notice that the Hawks were really launching shots on the PP. Refreshing to see that they are actually trying something new.....never hurts getting pucks on net. Sure beats cycling for 30 seconds with one bad pass sending them the other way.