Leddy to the Islanders

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Traded for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Don't know much about the other two, but Brennan was the top defenseman for Toronto's AHL team last year. Scored 72 points in 74 games and is reportedly good on the power play. Just 25 years old, so could be something there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The reaction from all of the Blackhawks' bloggers that I follow on Twitter has been less than encouraging, FWIW.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hawks goalie prospect Kent Simpson also a part of the deal.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The reaction from all of the Blackhawks' bloggers that I follow on Twitter has been less than encouraging, FWIW.
Were they oblivious to the fact this deal was coming?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brennan seems very intriguing. Interesting to see where this ends up.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
have to be under the cap by the start of the season.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Pokka is TT's buddy and a damn good prospect.

This trade is actually kind of good if you take out the other shit Stan got along with him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leddy was an interesting player and was a weapon in certain situations and a safety net in others. He offered some things....and cost some things. I'm all for this move...I wasn't a huge fan but I thank him for his effort here and great contributions and memories.

I DO think even if we didn't add an intriguing defenseman and goaly, we added by subtraction simply because Leddy made things complicated and unbalanced. Our team is set up for other focal points and we need to just be simple. I'm not sure what we were supposed to do with Leddy unless his hockey skills started to progress faster.

I'm glad for him and think he can do well in New York, he goes into a low pressure situation and can bring winning culture with him.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First question....if he's this big shooter in the Leafs organization, why did they let him go to the Islanders? Second question.....while I love a guy with a huge shot, can this guy skate well enough to not be a square peg going in a round hole?

Third question.....

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier just to get some picks?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First question....if he's this big shooter in the Leafs organization, why did they let him go to the Islanders? Second question.....while I love a guy with a huge shot, can this guy skate well enough to not be a square peg going in a round hole?

Third question.....

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier just to get some picks?

yeah....how did this help the situation unless it opened a space on the Hawks and they view him as a defender to boost Rockford.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Pokka is TT's buddy and a damn good prospect.

This trade is actually kind of good if you take out the other shit Stan got along with him.

That was the first thing I thought about when I heard Pokka was Finnish. Turns out he and Teuvo played together in the World Juniors. Hopefully a good sign for both of them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can I ask what the point of the deal is?

yeah....after I read on this it was probably a deal to get the Finnish friend of Tuevo to keep him happy in Rockford until a trade can be made to clear room for his salary or an injury presents itself.

The Brennan guy is available and might not clear waivers. The Goalie plays in khl and has no nhl contract. may never see 2/3's of this trade.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah....after I read on this it was probably a deal to get the Finnish friend of Tuevo to keep him happy in Rockford until a trade can be made to clear room for his salary or an injury presents itself.

The Brennan guy is available and might not clear waivers. The Goalie plays in khl and has no nhl contract. may never see 2/3's od this trade.

Sounds like they pretty much gave him away to get under the cap.....what a waste. The mini version of 2010.