Should the Cubs Look to Trade Zambrano?

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
With the way that Lou Piniella has made it clear that Zambrano isn't going to be back in the starting rotation anytime soon, and I don't think Z is going to be interested in staying in the bullpen for the rest of the year, so all that being said, I think they should look to deal him. Would Z waive his no-trade, and what teams do you think would be interested, and what could the Cubs get in return for him?

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
Would any teams be interested in his contract? I wouldn't want to trade Z, when he's on his stuff is the dirtiest in the game. I think he'll be back in the rotation sooner than later. Horrible idea to begin with, another reason why Lou should be gone!

zwentland

Liked Posts:
I say trade him. He still has value and maybe we can get a decent, consistent starter. Do I think he will waive his no-trade clause? No. big Z is too inconsistent and he has been steadily declining in his numbers. And for further reference, anybody can be called a nasty pitcher when their stuff is working and on

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I say trade him. He still has value and maybe we can get a decent, consistent starter. Do I think he will waive his no-trade clause? No. big Z is too inconsistent and he has been steadily declining in his numbers. And for further reference, anybody can be called a nasty pitcher when their stuff is working and on

I guess you have a broad defition of a nasty pitcher. If somebodys stuff is working they could still give up a few runs and earn a quality start, so no, anybody cannot just be called a nasty pitcher. Zambrano already proved his stuff could be unhittable, most pitchers aren't, so not anybody could just be called that.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I would trade him and wouldn't think twice. I would trade him to an American League team so we don't have to face him. I don't know who would give up anything for a head case pitcher though.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Zambrano, I like his energy and I hope he stays but he needs to go back to the rotation.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zambrano wold never accept a trade to an AL team, because then he can't hit

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
No team wants his contract and he has a No Trade Clause...

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be against trading Zambrano, but I don't see it happening.
The thing is he's not a #1 starter. He has too many stretches off poor starts. You don't see that from the elite #1s that make similar money.

I just don't count on Z to go 22-5 with a 2.20 ERA. He has too many crap games during the course of the year, and real #1s like Halladay just don't blow up like that. Your #1s need to be losing streak breakers, a guaranteed W, I don't have that feeling with Z. I actually had that feeling with Mark Prior in 2003. Every time he pitched, I feel the Cubs were gonna win. Just don't have that same confidence in Z anymore.

I like Z, but the Cubs need to get a real #1 starter. With all that said I think Z should have never been sent to the pen. Silly move.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No team wants his contract and he has a No Trade Clause...

I agree with the first part, but I doubt Z would veto a trade that sent him to a contender where he could start.

Regardless we would be eating a good 10-15 million of his contract the last two years.

Might be worth it though.