Wow.. Orioles beat Scherzer Verlander and Price to advance to ALCS

Love to see them match up against Royals

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Royals are making it look easy tonight

Should be a good matchup between them and Orioles

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny the two teams that made the big deadline trade for the top starters were both eliminated in their first playoff round..

Oakland / Lester. Tigers / Price

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Price was pitching a damn good game till the Nelson Cruz home run......

I'm happy to see different teams (Baltimore and KC) in the NLCS for a change. Keeps things fresh.

Now if only the Dodgers could beat St. Louis.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Dodgers have a payroll of about a billion $, and somehow can't find three pitchers for a 5 game series.

Ryu hasn't pitched in a month, and he starts Game 3. Kershaw can't beat St. Louis, and Mattingly is pitching him on short rest in Game 4.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Dodgers have a payroll of about a billion $, and somehow can't find three pitchers for a 5 game series.

Ryu hasn't pitched in a month, and he starts Game 3. Kershaw can't beat St. Louis, and Mattingly is pitching him on short rest in Game 4.
Goes to show that sometimes spending the most money isnt always the answer to a championship, unless of course your the Marlins [emoji12]

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I hope the Dodgers beat the Cardinals and lose to the Nationals in the NLCS. The Nationals are the only remaining team in the NL I somewhat enjoy

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Missouri represents. ..

Cardinals head west to SF
Royals head east to Baltimore

Both should be good series

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Missouri represents. ..

Cardinals head west to SF
Royals head east to Baltimore

Both should be good series

How can the Cardinals head West to San Fran when San Fran was a wildcard team? Wild Card teams are always on the road throughout the play-offs. :yep:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
How can the Cardinals head West to San Fran when San Fran was a wildcard team? Wild Card teams are always on the road throughout the play-offs. :yep:
I wasn't literally talking about gane 1 , just the team their playing. .

And no WC teams arent always on road during playoffs
This being best of 7 now, the giants will be home game 3 , 4 and 5 if format still 2-3-2. Or game 2,3 and 6 if format 2-2-1-1-1

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's interesting that the biggest spenders aren't looking so hot this year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Boring. STL/SFG....over and over again.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Boring. STL/SFG....over and over again.
Agree.. I dont like seeing same teams repeat abd I hate the Cardinals, so this one is tough to root for

Guess if I have to choose it would be giants only cause I hate cards and their a repeat...

Sucks too cause now I have to root for whoever come out of AL to win it all..

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I wasn't literally talking about gane 1 , just the team their playing. .

And no WC teams arent always on road during playoffs
This being best of 7 now, the giants will be home game 3 , 4 and 5 if format still 2

Everyone knows they will play guaranteed games at home, but the advantage in a best of 5 or best of 7 is 2-2-1, and 2-3-2 respectively. Wildcard teams never have home field advantage.

Home advantage means that you will play more at home than on the road if it goes the full length of the series. Even if the Giants win one of the first 2 lets say at St Louis, technically they will have regained advantage, but if the Cardinals win one there, they will take it back.

I would always rather start out playing in my own ball park hoping to win the first 2, and put all of the pressure on the other team when they go back home to sweep you.

There is also a reason why winning the All-Star game is so pivotal, because it nets your league home field advantage.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
[/QUOTE] knows they will play guaranteed games at home, but the advantage in a best of 5 or best of 7 is 2-2-1, and 2-3-2 respectively. Wildcard teams never have home field advantage.

Home advantage means that you will play more at home than on the road if it goes the full length of the series. Even if the Giants win one of the first 2 lets say at St Louis, technically they will have regained advantage, but if the Cardinals win one there, they will take it back.

I would always rather start out playing in my own ball park hoping to win the first 2, and put all of the pressure on the other team when they go back home to sweep you.

There is also a reason why winning the All-Star game is so pivotal, because it nets your league home field advantage.[/QUOTE]

Ok.. we all know that

You asked how does the cards go out west and said WC teams always play on road...

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I think the series comes down to Wainwright. It sounds like he is way less than 100%. Would like to see the Giants jump on him in Game 1. He has been having elbow problems the past few days. Will be interesting to see what the Cards decide to do with him

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What with the side by side during NLCS on foxsports1
If im a fan of these teams and im stuck watching the game with their distraction and in a little box., im super pissed

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What with the side by side during NLCS on foxsports1
If im a fan of these teams and im stuck watching the game with their distraction and in a little box., im super pissed
Just noticed its on regular Fox..

Goes to show how much i care about these games

Watching Hawks and Bulls

chibears55

Liked Posts:
When the Cubs grow up, i hope their the Giants
Some day some day

Giants and Royals. . Should be good