Rockford gonna be a big ticket?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have never been this curious about Rockford but it just seems to me like the Ice Hogs are half a pro team now playing in a semi-pro league.

We have some odd veterans delegated there now.

Between Tuevo and Pokka, Regin, Ruunblaad, the top two AHL scoring defenseman from last year, and the other pro players we end up stashing there due to our situation....

Is it just me or does it seem like they should blow people out to begin the season?

Like our team is 3 years over clogged and its just ridiculous what they have down there at this point? Regin is no longer a minor league player, just on the Hawks. Probably true of Ruunblaad and Brennan too. Tuevo is ready but not enough minutes available for him with us. When I count numbers it also seems like Morin will continue to ping pong back and forth to get him minutes.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope the carbomb experiment is short lived and Morin gets to see plenty of minutes. Seems like more and more teams are going without the enforcer on the roster hopefully Q follows the lead.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the IceHogs could get some quality goaltending & play some fucking defense, they'd easily make the playoffs.

They have the firepower. Problem has been shitty goaltending & being piss poor defensively.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the IceHogs could get some quality goaltending & play some fucking defense, they'd easily make the playoffs.

They have the firepower. Problem has been shitty goaltending & being piss poor defensively.

Well, as long as Tuevo is in town they are going to be a firepower show. I think Johns will add them defense, might they have defensive minding from Nordstrum too?

I think they will be downright nasty this year. Probably be quite the show until Tuevo gets called up. Thats my prediction anyway.

It will just mirror the offensive Blackhawks show. Its cool. I'm stoked on both teams this year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Don't think I can make the trip all the way out to Rockford but if there's an early-season Rockford/Chicago matchup I think I may have to check it out.

Goaltending could be better in the Rock this year if Scott Darling plays the way he did in the preseason. But as you guys have said, they've got some damn good talent skating out. Just a matter of whether or not that talent can play well together.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I really hope the carbomb experiment is short lived and Morin gets to see plenty of minutes. Seems like more and more teams are going without the enforcer on the roster hopefully Q follows the lead.

I've given up hope on this. Only way I think Carbomb gets benched is if the NHL does it for him in the form of a suspension. Which isn't out of the question.