2014-15 Around the NBA thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
AD first game back since shoulder sprain.

17-30 39 Points, 13 Rebounds, 8 Blocks, 3 Steal, 0 Turnovers. Just another day in the life of a 21 year old.
Too bad the rest of his team sucks.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad the rest of his team sucks.

I wouldnt say all that. They never can stay healthy together. Tyreke Evans has become a much better player. Eric Gordon can still shoot. Ryan Anderson is a good 6th man. Asik is a rim protector. The biggest mistake they made was trading for Jrue Holiday. The team plays better without him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt say all that. They never can stay healthy together. Tyreke Evans has become a much better player. Eric Gordon can still shoot. Ryan Anderson is a good 6th man. Asik is a rim protector. The biggest mistake they made was trading for Jrue Holiday. The team plays better without him.
I suppose, they'd probably be Top 5 in the East but in the Western Conference.. they suck.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Westbrook with his 4th straight double double.

Looking at the stats...Their starting lineup was awful outside of Westbrook... Augustin, Waiters, Morrow all the point producers in that one.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Looking at the stats...Their starting lineup was awful outside of Westbrook... Augustin, Waiters, Morrow all the point producers in that one.

Yea, first guy since Jordan with 4 straight. He is basically playing street ball and using the warm bodies around him as shields. lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Westbrook with his 4th straight triple double.

FTFY

That's ridiculous though...near 50/16/10 this time. Though he is the entire offense it seems like...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it hilarious that though he got the triple double and clearly pushed OKC to victory that Westbrook was still a -12 on the night

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hilarious that though he got the triple double and clearly pushed OKC to victory that Westbrook was still a -12 on the night

Ive always thought Westbrook and Durant would be the KG and Stephon Marbury of this era. Westbrook is better then Marbury but I dont see them winning together. I wanted the Thunder to trade Westbrook in the off season and build a team because someone would give them the world for him.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
AD first game back since shoulder sprain.

17-30 39 Points, 13 Rebounds, 8 Blocks, 3 Steal, 0 Turnovers. Just another day in the life of a 21 year old.

I'm interested when he's 23 and wants to "Come on Home". :yep:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I'm curious as to how the Bulls try to defend him.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Wesley Matthews with an Achilles.... out for the season! Big blow for Portland approaching the playoffs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Atlanta shows off new HHF statue.

epa_usa_nba_dominique_wilkins_statue_71361270.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wesley Matthews with an Achilles.... out for the season! Big blow for Portland approaching the playoffs.
How huge was that Afflalo trade now? But that is a huge blow nonetheless. Now my fantasy teams are also kinda screwed for some categories...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
damn Matthews is a FA looking to get his first big payday

Achilles is probably worse than an ACL

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And that occurred with noone around him. Was his coach at fault?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
damn Matthews is a FA looking to get his first big payday

Achilles is probably worse than an ACL

Probably, yeah. But at least it isn't a definite career ender for an athlete like it used to be. Today's surgical procedures are so much better for the athletes it is amazing.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt say all that. They never can stay healthy together. Tyreke Evans has become a much better player. .

It's more so that he's actually playing HIS position. Been saying since around the time I joined this board that Tyreke is a PG. The Kings really wasted his talent for years.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
And that occurred with noone around him. Was his coach at fault?

If you stopped trying to sound so smart for a minute, and really think about what you just said, you realize just how stupid it was. :smh: I've never said any one injury was the fault of Thib's, just that the same result EVERY season becomes suspect. Besides, do you really think the coach has to run out on the floor and tackle the player to injure him? Just ridiculous, man, as usual for you. :smh: