2014-15 Around the NBA thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pelicans are looking sick!! Asik is gona be huge this year now he's back as a starter. Might have to watch the Pelicans and their little block party more this season.

They need to clean up a good bit of stuff, but Asik could make our team go. It allows Davis the freedom to float and do what he does best. Anthony Davis just put the NBA on notice that his ERA may have just begun. I was impressed with his quickness. He is quicker this year then last year. He also hit some shots which if he can become consistent at then would be unguardable. Its an intereting team. Tyreke Evans needs to finish when he goes to the rim. Jrue Holiday is knocking off the rust and Ryan Anderson seems to be back. He is a huge piece to the puzzle.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's definitely looking like it could all click for the Pelicans this year if their team can manage to hold itself together for a majority of the season.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
That's if Davis doesn't come back home when he becomes a free agent.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's if Davis doesn't come back home when he becomes a free agent.

He has said him and his family loves New Orleans and Tom Benson gots the money to keep him. Trust!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit. Russell Westbrook might average 40+ with Durant out. No joke.

czman

Liked Posts:
NBA is brutal right now. I watched a good portion of the Pelicans/Magic, Spurs/Mavs, and Lakers/Rockets. Holy crap are there some just awful teams this season.

I watched the Bulls game and the Knicks just suck.

I thought last season was horrible. Of the 11 games played so far this season I think only 4 have been close at all. If 2/3rds of the games are not even close I don't know how the NBA is enjoyable. How can this be good for NBA ticket sales. We might see 10 teams below 30 wins. The NBA is in dire need of some rebalancing. There is so little parity.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NBA is brutal right now. I watched a good portion of the Pelicans/Magic, Spurs/Mavs, and Lakers/Rockets. Holy crap are there some just awful teams this season.

I watched the Bulls game and the Knicks just suck.

I thought last season was horrible. Of the 11 games played so far this season I think only 4 have been close at all. If 2/3rds of the games are not even close I don't know how the NBA is enjoyable. How can this be good for NBA ticket sales. We might see 10 teams below 30 wins. The NBA is in dire need of some rebalancing. There is so little parity.
Good teams get blown out in the regular season all the time. Each team has played 1 game? Are you new to the NBA? Also, there has never been parity in the NBA. The greatest example of recent parity is when Jordan retired in 1993 and the league had two years of parity, and the fans hated it. The 1970's is probably the only decade the NBA had parity, and the fans hated it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing is if he gets on a hot streak... he could average 50...
Keep in mind that Reggie Jackson was also out. Once he comes back, he'll probably get a few of the shots that Westbrook is getting. Westbrook will average like 35 points with KD out...I can definitely see that, but I don't see him averaging over 40 unless he's literally taking 40 shots per game.

czman

Liked Posts:
Good teams get blown out in the regular season all the time. Each team has played 1 game? Are you new to the NBA? Also, there has never been parity in the NBA. The greatest example of recent parity is when Jordan retired in 1993 and the league had two years of parity, and the fans hated it. The 1970's is probably the only decade the NBA had parity, and the fans hated it.

What? Between 2000-2010 (11 seasons) no team had an average point differential of -10 or greater. Between 2011-2012 (3 years) it has happened twice. it is not like the NBA added expansion teams.

Championship parity has never happened in the modern NBA. The difference between the top teams and the bottom teams has grown in the last few years. The bottom teams now are horrible, and there are more of them. I could see two teams having a -10 average this season. I am not even sure when that happened last. If you watch multiple games a night and have been for the last ~10 years you you will have noticed a difference.

Also this 1 game has nothing to do with what happened last season, to be hones the last few seasons.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What? Between 2000-2010 (11 seasons) no team had an average point differential of -10 or greater. Between 2011-2012 (3 years) it has happened twice. it is not like the NBA added expansion teams.

Championship parity has never happened in the modern NBA. The difference between the top teams and the bottom teams has grown in the last few years. The bottom teams now are horrible, and there are more of them. I could see two teams having a -10 average this season. I am not even sure when that happened last. If you watch multiple games a night and have been for the last ~10 years you you will have noticed a difference.

Also this 1 game has nothing to do with what happened last season, to be hones the last few seasons.

I think short term memory is affecting you and you're using one stat to prove you're correct. Point differential. If you're going to use that, then I guess you're okay with a team losing 70 games (2010 Nets) but because their point differential wasn't bad, its okay right? The Sixers had that -10 point differential last year, yet they still won 19 games. They won more games than the 2010 Nets, 2005 Hawks, 2000 Clippers, 2001 Bulls, 2008 Heat, 2010 TWolves, 2000 Bulls, 2001 Warriros, 2003 Nuggets, 2003 Cavs, 2009 Kings, 2005 Hornets, and the 2005 Bobcats.

The lockout year the Bobcats put up the worst winning % in NBA history. They were one sorry ass team and given they could possibly be the worst NBA team in history, they should have had a point differential of -10 or greater.

You also ignore the 90's where that kind of point differential happened all the time to really bad teams.

Also, what do you care what the bottom feeder teams do? The Sixers for example WANT to suck. They want to acquire several lottery picks multiple years in a row in hopes that it'll build a champion contender. Its a strategy for building a team.

But, I don't disagree that the difference between the top teams and bottom teams has grown in recent years. The Heat got together, the Bulls lost Rose and the Celtics got old. Not sure what you were expecting out of the eastern conference. Meanwhile the West is a battle field. The Spurs and Thunder are even on a competition level as the Clippers, Blazers, Rockets aren't bad themselves. Key in Dallas may rise up again this season and there is plenty of competition in the West. Its the East that has a problem. A lot of that is fueled by LeBron. If LeBron didn't become GM of the Cavs and they didn't trade for Love, the East would be more on a parity level.

czman

Liked Posts:
Honestly Scoot, I am not sure what you are talking about.

You are stating that because in some years one particular team had a worse record than in a different year the league as whole less competitive. That is a non-sequitur. maybe you should reread.

"The difference between the top teams and the bottom teams has grown in the last few years."

There is an "s" that and that makes it plural.

You even lead credence to my point with the following comment" If LeBron didn't become GM of the Cavs and they didn't trade for Love, the East would be more on a parity level."

If you are arguing just to argue find someone else. I am not that interested. If you feel the NBA as a whole is just as competitive on a nightly basis as it was 5 years ago than you just don't watch the NBA as a whole. The early to mid 2000's were far more competitive. The decline started when the Celtics brought the big 3 together and has been getting worse. In any particular season there is always a crap team or two that just lose and lose badly on a nightly basis. When 5-7 teams do that it is different.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly Scoot, I am not sure what you are talking about.

You are stating that because in some years one particular team had a worse record than in a different year the league as whole less competitive. That is a non-sequitur. maybe you should reread.

"The difference between the top teams and the bottom teams has grown in the last few years."

There is an "s" that and that makes it plural.

You even lead credence to my point with the following comment" If LeBron didn't become GM of the Cavs and they didn't trade for Love, the East would be more on a parity level."

If you are arguing just to argue find someone else. I am not that interested. If you feel the NBA as a whole is just as competitive on a nightly basis as it was 5 years ago than you just don't watch the NBA as a whole. The early to mid 2000's were far more competitive. The decline started when the Celtics brought the big 3 together and has been getting worse. In any particular season there is always a crap team or two that just lose and lose badly on a nightly basis. When 5-7 teams do that it is different.

I guess I"m more so trying to provide insight that there really isn't a whole lot of difference unless you enjoy lesser talented teams and present you and no one else with any wow factor. I'd personally like to see what the West has (Nearly all 8 seeds win 50 games) in the East as well and have a bunch of teams that are bottom feeders. Instead the West has several teams over .500 that don't make the playoffs while the East is sending 2-3 teams to the playoffs under .500. To me, that is bad basketball, and we saw a lot of that in the 2000's.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Keep it in perspective...It's just the Knicks"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Westbrook injured himself apparently. GG Thunder.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Westbrook injured himself apparently. GG Thunder.

damn that thunder team once looked like the future then they traded Harden and it was all down hill...they may never be able to live up to what they could have been

KD has one more year after this and i think he goes to the Wizards