Preseason Takeaways Thread

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Paul Pierce? Really? Pierce is what???? 40? Dunleavy is athletic? Since when? Bet Mirotic could beat both of them in the 40, the discus, and the javelin throw. Not sure about the high jump or pole vault.

And Paul Pierce isn't very good anymore. Why would he use Paul Pierce as an example if he wasn't referring to the Boston Celtic Paul Pierce? His point would be moot. Back in his day, Pierce wasn't slow. And he could dunk over people. And overpower people.

Yes, Dunleavy is more athletic than Mirotic, overall, in my opinion. And he definitely was back in his prime, which he is past.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Glad to see Thibdoeau calling for a practice after a back to back.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Glad to see Thibdoeau calling for a practice after a back to back.
Should I should get in on the work bet that Rose won't play more than 25 games this year?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
FIBA Derrick didn't get to the line so...still an improvement?
FIBA doesn't have star treatment. So thats probably why he didnt get to the line there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FIBA doesn't have star treatment. So thats probably why he didnt get to the line there.
Didn't you hear? Rose's career is done and he's not a star player anymore. :elephant:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And Paul Pierce isn't very good anymore. Why would he use Paul Pierce as an example if he wasn't referring to the Boston Celtic Paul Pierce? His point would be moot. Back in his day, Pierce wasn't slow. And he could dunk over people. And overpower people.

Yes, Dunleavy is more athletic than Mirotic, overall, in my opinion. And he definitely was back in his prime, which he is past.

Yeah, maybe. I don't really know all that Mirotic can do. I know that he moves very well for a guy that big. From what little I have seen, he resembles Dirk with his game.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
As far as the enforcer for the bulls, its got to go to jimmy. For a smaller dude, he doesn't ever shy away from conflict. And I agree with the posters where a goon isn't needed. Bulls are too classy for it. Lol.

maybe enough not to start it

but if another teams tries it they should be repaid

FIBA Derrick didn't get to the line so...still an improvement?

if you remember Rose got allot of calls last preseason aswell and then reg season came along and he couldn't get a whistle to save his life...probably will be the same story this year

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
One bright spot was how much Jimmy drove to the rim. It definitely was missing last year. That will help his % too. It's like he know he's got no mid range shot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if you remember Rose got allot of calls last preseason aswell and then reg season came along and he couldn't get a whistle to save his life...probably will be the same story this year
Rose historically never got foul calls with the minor exception to his MVP year. Dude gets mugged in the paint all the time. :(

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
maybe enough not to start it

but if another teams tries it they should be repaid

Absolutely. Once its on, it's on. I'm confident the Bulls would show up.

To be honest, I've always like that we don't have a cheap shot guy, like David Lee.

They're always easy to hate, but I suppose I would like them if they're on the Bulls.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
BTW, what's up with the new handle? Trying to keep it fresh for the new season?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BTW, what's up with the new handle? Trying to keep it fresh for the new season?
There was some dude who spelled poohdini as poodhini or something and he didn't wanna get people confused

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
There was some dude who spelled poohdini as poodhini or something and he didn't wanna get people confused

no he spelled that way at first and after i picked on him about it he fixed it to Poohdini1 so i changed mine to avoid any confusion

but tbh he hardly post so it wouldn't have been a big deal really but i didn't want the same name as somebody else

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
no he spelled that way at first and after i picked on him about he fixed it to Poohdini1 so i changed mine to avoid any confusion

but tbh he hardly post so it wouldn't have been a big deal really but i didn't want the same name as somebody else
Yeah, I saw that guy. Always wondered why he didn't change his. I assumed you staked claim first.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no he spelled that way at first and after i picked on him about he fixed it to Poohdini1 so i changed mine to avoid any confusion

Eh I got the gist of it :rolleyes:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
After two games...

1. Thibs has his work cut out for him. I'm very interested in seeing how his rotations work out.
2. McDermott hasn't looked good at all but its still early.
3. Mirotic has a lot of work to do on defense. He is athletic enough to play defense but he's fouling a lot like a young Omer Asik.
4. Gasol and Brooks look like great additions on offense and defense.
5. Rose is still the X-Factor for this team. If he stays healthy, this team will dominate.

People are down on Derrick but after two years of not playing, he's actually looking very good and his shooting will come back around.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. McDermott hasn't looked good at all but its still early.
Eh...I'm not worried about McDermott. His shots look good, even if he didn't make most of them on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure down the stretch of OT in the game Thibs was drawing up plays for him that somehow never ended up happening. That Snell drive where he got fouled to force OT I also think was a play for McDermott to take the last shot. For whatever reason, he just didn't get the ball late in the game, but the one time he did something good happened. He'll come around percentage wise.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a bulls fan, but isnt McDermott going to be buried on the bench this year? Also, anyone see the MVP odds? Derrick Rose is getting way to much love. They got him as a top 5 rank favorite to win it. I think the guys need to play a couple of months of real ball before that should have happened.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a bulls fan, but isnt McDermott going to be buried on the bench this year? Also, anyone see the MVP odds? Derrick Rose is getting way to much love. They got him as a top 5 rank favorite to win it. I think the guys need to play a couple of months of real ball before that should have happened.
If McDermott isn't getting at least 25 minutes a game I will :kermit:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Eh...I'm not worried about McDermott. His shots look good, even if he didn't make most of them on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure down the stretch of OT in the game Thibs was drawing up plays for him that somehow never ended up happening. That Snell drive where he got fouled to force OT I also think was a play for McDermott to take the last shot. For whatever reason, he just didn't get the ball late in the game, but the one time he did something good happened. He'll come around percentage wise.
I actually missed the last couple minutes of the game and OT because I didn't set my DVR with enough overage time. With that said, D.Mc has looked like he is playing too fast, hasn't been able to create off the dribble, and his shot has been off. Most of that should go away with more experience so I'm not too worried, yet.

People wrongly assume Thibs hates rookies, but he will play them if they are performing. MCD is getting a lot of playing time now so either Thibs has confidence in him or they know the fans are excited about him so they want to give him as much time as possible. If the Bulls win 60+ games this year Rose will get plenty of MVP votes, I agree its waaaaayyyyy too soon to think about, but the Bulls have a chance to be a dominant team if Rose plays at 80% of what he was prior to injury.