Season Outlook

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know much about this game but I do like it.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the ice-time distribution continues as it went tonight, we'll see the same result as last season.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
WCF Exit?

If not before--depending on the match-up.

They have the top-end talent, but holy hell will it be near impossible to make it through an entire season and WC playoffs with 3 lines and 5D.

Hopefully it's just a matter of sample size and we see the love spread around. I don't accept Q's explanation that penalties limited his ability to roll four lines. They were outplayed and he chased the two points using his thoroughbreds.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crawford is an above-average goalie. Which is almost more than the Hawks need, with the incredible defensemen they have.
Yeah I know Crawford definitely isn't bad by any means. He seems to get a lot of flak though from my experience.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If not before--depending on the match-up.

They have the top-end talent, but holy hell will it be near impossible to make it through an entire season and WC playoffs with 3 lines and 5D.

Hopefully it's just a matter of sample size and we see the love spread around. I don't accept Q's explanation that penalties limited his ability to roll four lines. They were outplayed and he chased the two points using his thoroughbreds.

Just looked at the numbers and holy shit.

29 minutes for Keith is about 7-8 too many.

5:32 for Morin. 4:43 for Carcillo. 6:25 for Rundblad.

You're right Iago. If Q does this all season long they'll have nothing left come the postseason.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

You're right Iago. If Q does this all season long they'll have nothing left come the postseason.

29 minutes would be concerning for almost all guys but doesn't DK have super human lung capacity that enables to go full throttle? He's the 1 guy I'm not worried about.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wondered about this reading the boxscore after the game. Don't like.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can't really blame Coach Q...he knows the Stars were one of the teams that loaded up to stop Chicago. Have to get all of the points they can early, and worry about rest later on in the dog days.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the outlook is pretty good, especially when you beat teams that out play you, like last night. That is the mark of a great team, sometimes snatching a victory, when it shouldn't be there.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. We were definitely outplayed through 2 periods last night. Playing from behind most of the game probably explains why the 4th line numbers are so low.

I thought Carbomb looked alright last night. Passing was atrocious. I just saw a ton of early season misreads that hopefully will work themselves out. Senseless turnovers in the worst of places. If Crow didnt play his ass off last night we lose 8-2.

Still on track for 98 wins!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
29 minutes would be concerning for almost all guys but doesn't DK have super human lung capacity that enables to go full throttle? He's the 1 guy I'm not worried about.

DK is a machine, no doubt, but I still don't ever want to see his minutes eclipsing 25 in the regular season. Save that for the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. We were definitely outplayed through 2 periods last night. Playing from behind most of the game probably explains why the 4th line numbers are so low.

I thought Carbomb looked alright last night. Passing was atrocious. I just saw a ton of early season misreads that hopefully will work themselves out. Senseless turnovers in the worst of places. If Crow didnt play his ass off last night we lose 8-2.

Still on track for 98 wins!!

That was my take from it....is there is a possiblity it was just a great game from Crow but I thought he looked amazing.

He gave up two but his percentage was still .944 or something right? So he was under heat. If we get .94 out of him goodnight NHL...

I was super happy we actually won a penalty shootout and won it with our money stars. Toews Kane Tuevo come years end....lol change ups whenver we want with Hossa, Sharp, Saad...

I just wondered how we were so bad at them last year. much of it was Crow who seemed like he couldn't get a save....however...he looked good surpressing all 3 last night and that was exciting. If this is the new average performance for Crow....wow.

Regression to the mean...I know. But its the only game we have to go on and he looked improved to me some how...more confident and decisive with certain issues. I liked what I saw from Crow....and thank god we are going to press the penalty kill...my god if I have to watch us sit back and block shots with Djarmolson's face again all year I'll be pissed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have been a Crawford critic for awhile but he is a good goaltender.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
I think there is going to be a parade down Michigan Ave in June and it's not going to be for the Bulls...

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there is going to be a parade down Michigan Ave in June and it's not going to be for the Bulls...

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

both