Season Outlook

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So what are everyone's thoughts on the upcoming year?

Figured we could put a thread together where everyone talks about what they think the upcoming season will be like so we can troll each other mercilessly have something to look back at when the season's over.

I think that, as long as Kane gets to play with Brandon Saad for the majority of the season, he's going to push the 100-point plateau.

I think Sharp will put up another solid 30-goal season.

I think Hossa plays less than 60 games due to some nagging injuries and the Hawks attempting to save him for the postseason.

I think Teuvo will be a permanent member of this team by Christmas. Not exactly sure where, though.

I think Versteeg bounces back with a ~50 point season.

I think Brad Richards disappoints.

Any other thoughts?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish I knew enough about hockey have actual insight. I think they'll win lots.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wish I knew enough about hockey have actual insight. I think they'll win lots.

Never too late to start, man. Between the Bulls and Blackhawks it's going to be one hell of a good time for Chicago sports fans this winter.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm excited to see the continued growth of Kane and Toews as they lead us back toward the cup. Love watching 2 of the top 5 defensemen, some amazing young talent. For Crawford to silence his unwarranted critics.

Our 3rd cup in 6 years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never too late to start, man. Between the Bulls and Blackhawks it's going to be one hell of a good time for Chicago sports fans this winter.
I've watched the playoffs the past few seasons. I've gotten to the point where I can tell when icing will be called lol. I'll get up to speed eventually. :)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This year I'm gonna try be a bit more restrained during the regular season because it means so very little....probably less than it ever has for the Hawks. It's pretty simple, make the playoffs, stay reasonably healthy and be ready to go when the tournament starts. This team is playoff tested and just needs grab a spot....that's when the hockey season REALLY begins.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Central will be a dogfight. Can't wait. Probably have 5 of the top 10-12 teams in the league in our division

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really worried about Blackhawk health, longevity, and the amount of hockey the Blackhawks have played. We obviously left an opportunity on the shelf last year, and our biggest current rival (chosen by greatness not proximity or history) the Kings, our only true contemporary equal unless Pitt or Boston can add another Cup and make a claim....the current NHL history is a story of Kings vs Blackhawks.

I'm mostly just concerned with how do we keep Toews, Crow, Bick, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Saad, Smith, Kruger, Shaw, Carter healthy. If we have this core healthy come playoffs, everything else is meh. Form...stats....appearances. With this core healthy we can't help but compete, they have proven championship heart and a will to stay alive against the corner, so....I'll feel we can win any game we are in with this group. Whether Versteeg or Tuevo can assert themselves into that group remains to be seen. Thats Crow and 10 players who are completely solidified into the top 12. The merry-go round of enforcers, scrappers, and skill trying to hold down the rest is entertaining...as well as watching the defense shape up in terms of depth and future form, however, the Blackhawks must have one of the simpler situations in the league. Everything looks like dominoes for the most part.....the front office is ridiculously prepared.

Most intriguing prospects......the top two scoring AHL defensive players are in Rockford. Johns is in Rockford? Tuevo is in Rockford? Pokka is in Rockford? I'm wondering how good Pokka is because it has the Finnish connection for Tuevo with it. Did we lose Leddy to make Tuevo happy at night? Is that worth it? Or can this guy justify being the default centerpiece of that trade without picks for a top 4 defender and powerplay defender. And our fastest defender in my opinion who bails out the aging speed of Keith(who makes up for speed with last second stick slaps that should be samurai legend) but sometimes it was Leddy bailing him out. Where can we find defensive speed?

I also want to watch Seabrooke for signs of being tentative after last years playoffs. Hopefully he's ok mentally, what happened against the Blues was just awkward timing and circumstance but had to take a mental toll on approach and split second decision making.

I mean...our hole at 2C was so huge last year that the fact we fixed that I just think its going to simplify things until injury to the extent that we will start out hot and dominant. Tuevo will put on a show in rockford for a few months, and while that is salary dependent, I really think its more of a plan to protect a 175 lb kid from a full NHL season while letting him season in AHL with a little more space....let him build his legend a bit while earning his way up and the respect of his teammates by doing the process right. I'm happy with Tuevo in Rockford for at least 3 months. He can be our valentine, or Christmas present....lets be patient and maybe if its even just a spark come Spring or summer. Patience.....its coming. It would be nice if the situation resolves itself somehow and a spot opens for Tuevo at the right time. Obviously, I'm obsessed with monitoring how it works out.

Now...the last thing we are watching is can Crawford improve at all? Can he keep going upward? I love his fast break reactions, his ability to come up in big games, and how he gets hot....but he needs to limit rebounds more, and on picking up vision of the puck in traffic.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cup, anything less is a disappointment and an underachieving season.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what are everyone's thoughts on the upcoming year?

Figured we could put a thread together where everyone talks about what they think the upcoming season will be like so we can troll each other mercilessly have something to look back at when the season's over.

I think that, as long as Kane gets to play with Brandon Saad for the majority of the season, he's going to push the 100-point plateau.

I think Sharp will put up another solid 30-goal season.

I think Hossa plays less than 60 games due to some nagging injuries and the Hawks attempting to save him for the postseason.

I think Teuvo will be a permanent member of this team by Christmas. Not exactly sure where, though.

I think Versteeg bounces back with a ~50 point season.

I think Brad Richards disappoints.

Any other thoughts?

Same thought on Brad Richards.... but I think that is because every 2C has disappointed for like the last 5 years.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thought.... I think Crawford has another good year and makes Gibbs rage because he gives up lots of goals on Gibbs' season of NHL 15 and because Gibbs' daughter chants "CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD" at him all year.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I've watched the playoffs the past few seasons. I've gotten to the point where I can tell when icing will be called lol. I'll get up to speed eventually. :)

Dude I'm right there too, finally understand the rules (most of them, anyway), should make it easier to watch.

Though my problem was offsides not icing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;75Ua7yJhdcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Ua7yJhdcA[/video]

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've never been it's a cup win or disappointment season type of guy. My exact laid in stone qualifiers for a quality playoff run this year, as in not one you would start throwing bullocks and blame afterward... A trip to the Western Conference Finals and not losing it to the Kings.

Obviously I want the cup and want 23Thou people chanting it at the point.

I don't think Richards will be a big disappointment, I think he has plenty left to offer in a lesser role than any that NYR was trying to offer him. I'm not exactly sure how well the D on side of TVR-Runblad and Cumiskey will hold up. That's the only thing I think they could get shifted around quite a bit to the point of never finding a great fit, but I could be wrong on how well it works. I do like that Q is mixing those youthful players up with breaking Hammer/Oduya for now. Playoff time their pairing should be significant again.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fucking hockey noobs.... just listen to Gibbs.. he will let you know what players to irrationally hate due to his recent NHL 15 loss

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dude I'm right there too, finally understand the rules (most of them, anyway), should make it easier to watch.

Though my problem was offsides not icing.

Feel free to pop in here with any questions you have.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another thought.... I think Crawford has another good year and makes Gibbs rage because he gives up lots of goals on Gibbs' season of NHL 15 and because Gibbs' daughter chants "CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD" at him all year.

I told you she said Crow is her favorite player, now all I hear all day is CRAWFORD CRAWFORD CRAWFORD then followed with FLAG. Trolled by my kids.

I think this season is going to be a great one. I still thinks it comes down to Kings and Hawks again. Although I think the Ducks, Wild and Stars are going to be right there as well.

Expect the Kane, Shaw, Saad line to continue that great play we saw out of the Kings series. Think Ben Smith has a real good year, love his game and how he plays.

Crow will have a better regular season than in past, and of course he will bring it come playoff time.

TT gets the call, and shows flashes of why everyone is on the hype train.

This is going to be another fun ride this year guys, looking forward to another season of Hockey.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fucking hockey noobs.... just listen to Gibbs.. he will let you know what players to irrationally hate due to his recent NHL 15 loss
I'M TRYING MY BEST OK IT'S HARD TO LEARN ON THE SPOT

So am I to love or hate Crawford...his kids seem to like him, but he appears to disagree?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'M TRYING MY BEST OK IT'S HARD TO LEARN ON THE SPOT

So am I to love or hate Crawford...his kids seem to like him, but he appears to disagree?

Crawford is an above-average goalie. Which is almost more than the Hawks need, with the incredible defensemen they have.