Versteeg Injured

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Lower-body injury in practice today. Not much detail on what happened.

Quote from Q said that it "didn't look good" and the his status for Thursday's opener is now in doubt.

Also said they'd know more tomorrow.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Sucks he's injured, because its never something you want to see. But a gigantic 'meh' from me, dude is a nonfactor.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sucks he's injured, because its never something you want to see. But a gigantic 'meh' from me, dude is a nonfactor.

He sucked last year but I thought I saw an extra pace in his stride this preseason. Kept telling myself that the knee surgery hadn't had enough time to recover and that slowed him down in 2012-13. Worried that he's going to go right back that player now.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
He looked good in the pre-season. Very small sample size but still hopeful. He is still a blueline turnover machine but as a 3rd liner, he could be some real nice depth if he puts it together again.

Maybe the biggest thing about an injury are the cap implications. Unless he goes on LTIR, his cap hit will continue to count against the cap. Blackhawks don't have a whole lot of wiggle room (right now they are technically over but will soon get under), so it is something to keep an eye on throughout the year.

Liked Posts:

I feel like he is singlehandedly keeping Teuvo out of the team. Of course we don't want Teuvo playing on the 4th line that is why he is in Rockford, but if we didn't have Versteeg, he'd have a shot at playing on the 3rd line with Bickell and (eventually) Shaw. I think those three would be a great line combination.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was it upper or low..... nvm its in your post, its lower body..... idk how I could ask for more info :D

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Already worried that this injury is going to nag Steeger for the whole year. Dammit.