Why did the Chicago Blackhawks sign Daniel Carcillo?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have dropped the gloves with guys of his caliber and better. Didn't win even a third of those tilts, but Carcillo is not someone I would decline a dance with. 50/50 IMO.

Lol Pez thinks he can beat Carcillo in a fight? ??

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

images

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'd rather him do that in Rockford while playing 1st line minutes and on the PP. Unless he's playing a regular shift consistently, don't waste his time here. Last thing you want to do is stunt his offensive development and game by having him focus solely on defense. That's exactly what happened with Kruger and while Kruger is an effective 4th liner and PKer, Teuvo has the potential to be a top line player.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Even if that's true with what happened with Kruger, that happened over years, multiple years. We're talking about maybe 40 something games here with Teuvo if he's up the rest of the season (which he should be).

But even that doesn't matter because he's not been put in the same role that Kruger has been put to play in. He's not going to be playing a shut down type role or be on a checking line, they already have that with Kruger's line. He would be part of a bum slayer line, another scoring line. You know most teams are going to put their best d pairings and checking lines out for either Toews' line or Kane's line. That's where their focus will be most of the time.

But then you have another line with say Saad-Teuvo and Versteeg or Sharp in place of Saad or Versteeg. That could be a pretty fucking dangerous line on a regular basis, especially going up against the type of competition they would be. I'd rather him have that kind of support around him to start off his NHL career, get some experience in at this level now before next season when he won't have as much support and more will be on him. Imagine something like this in the playoffs:

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Teuvo-Versteeg
Smith-Kruger-Shaw

Like I said you could mix and match a whole bunch of wingers in that top 9 if you wanted, this is just one example. He's playing, what, 13 or 14 minutes a game? With some power play time. I don't think it's going to stunt him for half a season plus the playoffs. Personally I think he's as in good a position as any rookie player to come into the league could ask for.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
not even going to read that dumb cunts post.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Mathieu Perreault had 2 goals tonight...wasn't he the one who's career was ended by the vicious cross check of Dan Carcillo?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
What's funny is I've watched some games since that incident and I've seen that cross check performed at least a dozen times since with no discipline. Half of them were done to Toews down low.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Cross checks down low are always allowed. That's the issue, it's like last year when Jackman I think was called cross checking Kane in the playoffs. Jackman was stunned he got called since he does it all the time around the crease, but he was following Kane out to the blue line and hit him there, that's gonna get called.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Cross checks down low are always allowed. That's the issue, it's like last year when Jackman I think was called cross checking Kane in the playoffs. Jackman was stunned he got called since he does it all the time around the crease, but he was following Kane out to the blue line and hit him there, that's gonna get called.

Technically, cross checking isn't allowed anywhere on the ice. You see it more down low due to players pushing off trying to gain position and space in such a small area and as long as it's not blatant or with much force, it's not frowned upon.

I'm talking about seeing Toews take the puck in the dirty areas and take a forceful cross check from the opposition, damn near the same force Carcillo used.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mathieu Perreault had 2 goals tonight...wasn't he the one who's career was ended by the vicious cross check of Dan Carcillo?

That was his brother, Matthew Perreault. Mathieu Perreault died shortly after the game against the Hawks, a direct result of the injuries he sustained from Carcillo.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was his brother, Matthew Perreault. Mathieu Perreault died shortly after the game against the Hawks, a direct result of the injuries he sustained from Carcillo.

And should we be surprised it was only reported as day to day upper body injury.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Carcillo comes back from the 6 games, is what I heard, also Pez has been working out.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Do you anti Carcillo guys and gals love seeing teams like the Kings pound the shit out of the Hawks for 3 periods with no consequences other than the Hawks themselves blowing a lead due to being worn down along the boards?

Yah

shut the fuck up.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
How does Carcillo prevent teams like the Kings from playing physical hockey against the Hawks? What "consequences" are you talking about? Pounding the shit out of the Hawks sure worked out well for the Kings in 2013...right? Worked out well for Boston too in the SCF in 2013? :lol:

And before you say "Carcillo was on the team in 2013", he played four fucking games in those playoffs. None of those against the Kings or Bruins.

You know what prevents teams from "pounding the shit out of you"? Making them pay for it by making quick, accurate passes, and beating them in transition. Making them skate. Forcing them to skate 200 feet after finishing a check. Hitting people is no less tiring than taking a hit. Even more tiring when you are taking yourself out of position to do so, when the other team has made quick outlets and you now have to skate balls out to get back and prevent odd-man situations.

Guys like Carcillo, Bollig, Scott, etc. are fucking useless come playoff time.

Yah.

Shut the fuck up.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Who said anything about preventing fuck face?

Hawks need to throw a few hits and grind guys down every now and then themselves it does help.

What about shut the fuck don't you understand Pez?