The trades that won't happen and other bizarre off-season ideas thread

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Javier Baez, Pierce Johnson, and Dan Vogelbach for Michael Pineda of the Yankees. They go younger and could get a SS, a projected mid rotation starter, and a projected 1st basemen or DH for the future. I guess the same could be said for Cole Hamels and the Phillies.

The Yankees also have the funds to go out and get any big name starter to replace him if they need to, plus they still have Sabathia, and Tanaka at the top. Add a Scherzer to that which they could easily do and...........just sayin'.

The Yankees need pitching probably most of all.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Yankees need pitching probably most of all.

Ya they do. Their problem is they have little to trade for it. I'm still thinking they sign
Shields and resign McCarthy. That puts their rotation at Tanaka, Shields, CC, McCarthy and Pineda. With injury they have Chris Capuano for depth.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I stand corrected #9

That's more somehting I agree with. Right after I posted I thought you meant in the NL, which I likely would have agreed to after Wainwright, Bumgardner, Kershaw, and Grienke.

My zany idea? Almora, Vogelbach, Baez, and Vizcaino for CarGo.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That's more somehting I agree with. Right after I posted I thought you meant in the NL, which I likely would have agreed to after Wainwright, Bumgardner, Kershaw, and Grienke.

I actually don't think this trade is out of line at all. :clap:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cargo is a great player but he can not play a whole season. Dude is always injured. I would like a safer guy with that package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Other than 2013, which appears to be somewhat fluky, I want no part of Car-Go, especially for that kind of prospect haul. His splits away from Coors field are less than desirable.

Seems like an awful lot for a player like that considering what was given up for players like H-Ram, A-Gon and such. If I am giving away that much of the farm, there had better be an ACE in there somewhere. :smug2: