Will Fontenot be Traded...

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I see Baker getting traded before Fontenot. Mainly because Font is a lefty with some pop in his bat and can back up everywhere in the infield with the exception of first and they have Nady for that.

Has Font ever played first? I'm not really sure after making that statement.

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
^ CubbieBlue got it right. Baker is going to get dealt for some relief help, and then they are going to bring Fontenot in and possibly start him at times situationally. I like Fontenot, and he's a good kid off the field to, so I definitely think we should keep him.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure he can if he tryed and I got practice but right now he won't play 1B. What statement?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I think you are right, Fontenot will stay and that is what I said. But I like Baker more and I think Fontenot can get us more. Maybe Fontenot and Hoff can get us an average or above average RP.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I dont think he'll be traded. One problem I had with that blog post was:

"According to multiple reports, Fontenot was not happy with the benching and could of ask his agent to demand a trade but that is not known."

I haven't heard of much reports, I guess maybe some citation could have helped the creditiblity.

Fontenot excelled two seasons ago coming off the bench, and basically thats where he belongs. Baker would most likely be the one to go, but I would love to see an upgrade over both of them.

Another problem I had from that blog is this quote:

"I think Baker would be the one to be traded because Theriot was Fontenot's LSU Tiger team mate and they wouldn't want to spit them up and Fontenot is a lefty."

Why wouldn't the Cubs want to split them up? Sigh.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither Fontenot or Baker will be traded. They won't bring anything significant in return and who wants to mediocre players who are best as utility players

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I meant for multiple reports, Fontenot was upste with the benching. Not that he demanded a trade, that was my opinion.

They probably wouldn't care about Font and Theriot being college teamates but they are good a double play when Castro gets the day off and it was another reason they will keep Fontenot.

They have to trade Baker or Fontenot. They want to call Tracy up again. Like I said, PTBNL or cash considerations for one of them. Or they could package one of them in a trade with other player(s) tyo get a RP.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I see Baker getting traded before Fontenot. Mainly because Font is a lefty with some pop in his bat and can back up everywhere in the infield with the exception of first and they have Nady for that.

Has Font ever played first? I'm not really sure after making that statement.

What are you talking about? He's slugging .392 despite a BABIP well above league average. For all intents and purposes, he has no pop. Hes pop-less.

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:
I meant for multiple reports, Fontenot was upste with the benching. Not that he demanded a trade, that was my opinion.

They probably wouldn't care about Font and Theriot being college teamates but they are good a double play when Castro gets the day off and it was another reason they will keep Fontenot.

They have to trade Baker or Fontenot. They want to call Tracy up again. Like I said, PTBNL or cash considerations for one of them. Or they could package one of them in a trade with other player(s) tyo get a RP.

Well you're not in the clubhouse so how could you assume he demanded a trade. By the way Fontenot and Theriot make a horrible double play combo.

How do you know the Cubs want to call up Tracy again if they just sent him down? I dont think you could get a box of rocks for either Fonenot or Baker.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? He's slugging .392 despite a BABIP well above league average. For all intents and purposes, he has no pop. Hes pop-less.

It was more in meaning in he can go deep once in awhile. I know he isn't known for it, but every now and again he can hit one deep. I realize Baker could too, but I would rather them keep the left handed bat with Tracy in the minors.

This obviously if they do trade or release one of them. USCChiFan hit it right on the head with no one really wanting a glorified utility player.

Lefty you have to stop taking things so literal lol. Damn you and your backing everything up with statistics. :crying: