Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
At some point it would be nice if the Hawks could show up and blow out a bad team. Instead they dick around with them and either win a close game or end up losing

You know this is the second game of the year and it's still the second period right?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Class of 2010, I love my Cards also, but this year hasn't been too good for our football team. Jack Milas looked good brilliant today though, much better than Mann did.

But back to topic, the Hawks need to stop playing the "pretty" hockey that they have tried off and on the past 3 seasons. Get the puck to the point and shoot the damn puck. Both of our goals today were score that way.

I don't think they will ever figure that out.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hossa's game kind of reminds me of how he played during the Kings series -- tons of opportunities but no goals. Really want him to get going.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think I've seen enough of Rundblad tonight.

How many years is Brennan supposed to lead the AHL in scoring defenseman before they give up on Runblaad.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can't see how Clendening can be more of a liability than what Rundblad is showing.

Agreed completely, but I imagine Cumiskey will get a chance in the lineup before Clendening gets called up.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a mix & match between shifts but Kane and Richards were moving the puck around pretty nicely there for about a minute....could be a switcheroo by the Qman coming in the 3rd.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It was a mix & match between shifts but Kane and Richards were moving the puck around pretty nicely there for about a minute....could be a switcheroo by the Qman coming in the 3rd.

Yeah that line combo worked really well.

Liked Posts:
So let me see if I am understanding this correctly.

- We signed Brad Richards to be the second line center
- The Second Line of Saad - Shaw - Kane was pretty much on fire last year (and looks to be doing more of the same now)
- Teuvo was sent to Rockford because he wouldn't get playing time with the first team squad.
- Richard is playing on the 3rd line and isn't doing jack squat
- I think Teuvo would be contributing a lot more on a line with Bickell and Smith.

So why did we sign Richards? And why is Tuevo going to be screwed this season? (I cannot see Richards being dropped to the 4th line)

Liked Posts:
Agreed completely, but I imagine Cumiskey will get a chance in the lineup before Clendening gets called up.

Clendening and Dahlbeck both wouldn't be much of a dropoff from Rundblad. TvR is looking like a stud though.

As I am typing this.

HOSSA WITH A SHORTY!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So let me see if I am understanding this correctly.

- We signed Brad Richards to be the second line center
- The Second Line of Saad - Shaw - Kane was pretty much on fire last year (and looks to be doing more of the same now)
- Teuvo was sent to Rockford because he wouldn't get playing time with the first team squad.
- Richard is playing on the 3rd line and isn't doing jack squat
- I think Teuvo would be contributing a lot more on a line with Bickell and Smith.

So why did we sign Richards? And why is Tuevo going to be screwed this season? (I cannot see Richards being dropped to the 4th line)

Certainly going to be something to watch this season. I do think the Hawks needed another center this year. If Richards turns out to be a decent 3C, that's fine with me. It's only $2 million, so not a huge deal if he gets stuck on the third line.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks playing "It's our puck and you can't have it" with the Sabres in this period. Love this team. Missed it.

Liked Posts:
Certainly going to be something to watch this season. I do think the Hawks needed another center this year. If Richards turns out to be a decent 3C, that's fine with me. It's only $2 million, so not a huge deal if he gets stuck on the third line.

The problem with this is even without Teuvo in play, we still have 4 very capable centers (Toews, Shaw, Kruger and Smith). Now we are playing Smith at a wing position, which isn't a bad thing, but the fact that we thought we needed another 2C, when we had Shaw (and who seems to click with Saad and Kane), is just laughable in my opinion. Especially since it is costing Teuvo NHL playing time (even if it would be on the wing of the 3rd line). AHL does not = NHL by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm gonna keep on posting because we seem to score whenever I'm typing.

SHARPIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.