Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The problem with this is even without Teuvo in play, we still have 4 very capable centers (Toews, Shaw, Kruger and Smith). Now we are playing Smith at a wing position, which isn't a bad thing, but the fact that we thought we needed another 2C, when we had Shaw (and who seems to click with Saad and Kane), is just laughable in my opinion. Especially since it is costing Teuvo NHL playing time (even if it would be on the wing of the 3rd line). AHL does not = NHL by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm gonna keep on posting because we seem to score whenever I'm typing.

SHARPIE!

I disagree that Shaw and Smith are "very capable" centers. Very capable wingers, yes. Centers? Shaw is adequate there but best-served on the wing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree that Shaw and Smith are "very capable" centers. Very capable wingers, yes. Centers? Shaw is adequate there but best-served on the wing.

If they were "capable" centers, no one would've been screaming that the Hawks biggest shortfall was at center. They are wings playing out of position. I'm not ready to bail on Richards either after he's played all of two damn games.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Second game, and against the Sabres who will likely be one of the worst teams in the league, but still some positives/negatives. All with a grain of salt though, considering only the second game.

The good...
-Superstars/stars showed up last night in a big way.
-Powerplay is looking to shoot. Opens things up for future passes and getting the puck to the net w/traffic is a pretty damn good play.
-Morin had a good game. Consistency seems like it may be his biggest issue. Lucky for him, he is waivers eligible, so he is going to get every opportunity to stick with the Blackhawks
-Carcillo had a good game. Showed that he can contribute offensively on the fourth line and drew a couple of penalties through hard work. Just have to stay away from those stupid penalties...
-TVR is looking pretty good out there. Confident with his plays and making the smart simple play. He is the only Dman that isn't waiver eligible, so something to keep an eye on. Right now, he is making a great case to stay.

The bad...
-Richards is still finding his way. Thought he looked slow and uninterested at times.
-Rundblad looks absolutely terrible out there. Only reason he got any decent icetime is because the game was wrapped up by mid-third period. I don't see the Blackhawks doing anything about this soon - but hoping Cumiskey gets a shot in the next game or supposedly Rozsival is close to a return. Looks like Stan and Co. could have missed on this one...but I don't expect them to throw in the towel soon after giving up some nice draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.