TVR vs Johns

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was wondering if we could have a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of these two...who has the upside? How do their games differ and could they be linemates by season end? Will that be in Chicago or Rockford?

You see that 6'4" 230 lb body in the farm and with our pussy enforcers(better word is agitators) like morin and carbomb, as well as slight framed super stars, I tend to be over eager to see him come up. How ready is Johns? Can TVR really stick up here? Q trusted him more than some others.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Was wondering if we could have a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of these two...who has the upside? How do their games differ and could they be linemates by season end? Will that be in Chicago or Rockford?

You see that 6'4" 230 lb body in the farm and with our pussy enforcers(better word is agitators) like morin and carbomb, as well as slight framed super stars, I tend to be over eager to see him come up. How ready is Johns? Can TVR really stick up here? Q trusted him more than some others.

By seasons end? Only if injuries occur and Runblad/Cumiskey are so bad nobody can pair with them for Q's pleasure in paired off games.

Next year there is a possibility that could be a 3rd line pairing, but it's a guessing game right now because so many D prospects could potentially make the club next year from Tvr, Johns, Dalhbeck, Clendening, or Pokka. Who will stand out the most is a bit unknown at this stage.

For now I think TVR will stick around Q's favorite of his new bunch. He has a better overall game than that of Johns, but I don't know how high a ceiling TVR has. He plays smart and that's enough for a young kid but he has some offensive and puck moving skill to rely on. Johns is more a Hammer type potential as a 2nd pairing defensive wall banger. I wouldn't say he is an enforcer type, but a Seabs type where he can be a teams top hitter and clear some space. Johns puck moving element or positioning isn't ideal for his skating yet so most expected him to have this year in the AHL before playing for the Hawks next season.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah....I'm high on TVR, Johns, Nordstrum, Pokka has a good Finnish squatty body of a running back, and obviously Tuevo. I hope to see a little of all of them this year...maybe premature on Pokka but wouldn't surprise me that much if they came up together for a short stint at some point and then again when rosters expand.

Who am I forgetting down there that needs some burn?

Lots of defenseman stuck in the queue.

I feel bad for Regin. He's 28, foreign, and stuck down there after some big minutes with Ottowa early in career.

His last 4 years have been dismal in terms of games played as well as point impact in those games played.

However, that said I'm glad Tuevo has some experienced players down there to groom him.

I guess I am just bumed about Runblaad and Comiskey to the point where I'm almost happy when Rozy is back but I am already looking past all 3 and hoping the farm comes through for us. We need 2 of the 8 D's down there to step up and become something closer to Leddy than to Rozy.

Brennan has promise. Glad he cleared waivers.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Roszival is going to be a factor on the Hawks before the season is over. I think Q has always liked him on the third pairing, especially in the playoffs. Don't forget about him.

I think TVR is going to be the guy that replaces Leddy on the third pairing come playoff time. It seems like he really impressed in training camp and he's already gained the trust of the coaches. Don't think he's miles ahead of Rundblad or Cumiskey, but I think he's got the coach's eye right now. Of course, he could always ruin that with some big mistakes in the regular season.

It is fun to see a youngster make the team that quickly, though. Wish they'd let more guys do that.

Next season the only defensemen I'd consider as roster locks are Keith and Hjalmarsson. Oduya's contract is up and I could see Seabs are trade bait to help free up cap space for the Toews/Kane deals. So I think guys like Clendening, Dahlbeck, and Johns have this year and next offseason to prove their worth in the NHL. May not get too many chances this year, though, with the Hawks obviously loading up for a Cup run.