Donator
Liked Posts:
discuss

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what do you guys think of signing rasmus for LF (lhd bat) and vmart as the DH?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Rasmus is going to want a lot of money, and he isn't worth it.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would V-Mart want to leave an offensive juggernaut that houses ridiculous lineup protection? If he leaves Detroit, I could see him bolting for the Yankees (strictly for money) or maybe Seattle or the Angels (where he can occasionally have days behind the plate or at first). I feel like Detroit is going to make keeping Martinez and Scherzer their top offseason priorities.

Personally, I feel like the Sox will opt for smaller, more low-key signings. Two names that come to mind are Kendrys Morales and Melky Cabrera. Morales could have a decent bounce-back season, especially since he made a huge mistake not originally taking a qualifying offer and having to sit out until June. Melky will probably command similar money to Rasmus and while he might not be quite as good defensively, he's proven to be a consistent offensive producer even through all the steroid talk. I think he'd fit in great next to Eaton and Garcia. Those three could make a potent offensive outfield.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't like either for the dollars

Putting vmart with Eaton Ramirez Abreu Garcia Gillespie. He's well protected if he comes

I don't think Melky potentially getting 4 years @14-16 million a season is totally out of the question. Shit, look at what Shin-Soo Choo and Hunter Pence got in comparison. And Martinez doesn't help the team a lick defensively. I guess I just don't see him leaving the Tigers unless it's for absurd money (Yankees) or for an AL team who'll be in the hunt for a division title.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think Melky potentially getting 4 years @14-16 million a season is totally out of the question. Shit, look at what Shin-Soo Choo and Hunter Pence got in comparison. And Martinez doesn't help the team a lick defensively. I guess I just don't see him leaving the Tigers unless it's for absurd money (Yankees) or for an AL team who'll be in the hunt for a division title.

He can play first good enough and dh

I agree and without the rash of injuries we were in the hunt

Adding rodon and another stud sp to go with the young offense and loss of konerko and dunn we are right there if healthy as we've usually been. The Tigers are the Titanic and the iceberg has been hit

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He can play first good enough and dh

I agree and without the rash of injuries we were in the hunt

Adding rodon and another stud sp to go with the young offense and loss of konerko and dunn we are right there if healthy as we've usually been. The Tigers are the Titanic and the iceberg has been hit

Unless Scherzer and Price are both somehow gone before '15 starts, I think the Tigers are still favorites to win the AL Central. Their rotation is just too good. They're going to address their bullpen issues by adding somebody like Rafael Soriano or Francisco Rodriguez (maybe both) and honestly, they'd be an interesting destination for Cabrera. People sleep on him -- he's a consistent offensive player.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Tiggers were a pythagorean 86-76 W-L team who are probably losing Scherzer & a have lot of money committed to a few players. They need almost a whole new bullpen, possible C, re-pay/over-pay Vmart, a new centre-fielder, and right fielder. They're not going to get premier talent to fill all those holes.

I mean, yeah, they can probably win comedy central but they won't run away with it, Cleveland should be better next year.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Someone on Soxtalk brought up an interesting idea. Trading Danks to the Phillies for Cliff Lee.

1- a healthy Lee is a huge improvement over Danks, granted that's an if.

2- Lee has to pitch 200 innings for his 2016 option to vest. If the Sox contend, he pitches and if not they can shut him down and let him walk after the season.

3- Lee would only add roughly 10M more to the payroll leaving plenty of room to get higher salary players to fill holes.

4- Since its likely Lee would only pitch for the Sox in 2015, Lee not only helps the Sox to contending but helps bridge the gap to one of the young Sox pitchers that will hopefully be ready for 2016.

I see Lee as a one year commitment kind of guy and a chance for the Sox to rid Danks contract. I admit, its the optimal plan but given the pitching FA market, its not the worst plan either.

Phillies save $10M, and get a prospect. Danks should be healthy all season, and pitching in the NL so if he can add up value, more power to Philly to trade him.

Sale-Lee-Quintana-Noesi-Bassitt. And the lesser of Noesi/Bassitt is demoted once Rodon is ready.

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I wouldn't mind LaRoche as a DH, back up first baseman. Lefty bat, still gets on base, has some power.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Someone on Soxtalk brought up an interesting idea. Trading Danks to the Phillies for Cliff Lee.

Phillies save $10M, and get a prospect. Danks should be healthy all season, and pitching in the NL so if he can add up value, more power to Philly to trade him.

Sale-Lee-Quintana-Noesi-Bassitt. And the lesser of Noesi/Bassitt is demoted once Rodon is ready.
I don't think its nearly enough for Lee

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Philly saves $10M, maybe send them a prospect?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
id take howard as a dh if money was helped with. i like cliff lee but thats a ton of lefties

Status
Not open for further replies.