Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, it was an unfortunate situation. Unavoidable on our part (my friend and I run the league). As a result of the falling out we lost him, his wife, his brother-in-law, and one of his buddies. My cousin also happened to drop out because travel makes it difficult for him to keep up.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I play draftkings and I had the slots for Mon and tonight's game.

I need help.

I have 1 RB slot and 1 Flex slot open. I pretty much am stacked w patriot WRS Bc we know the jets suck.

I don't know if I should play Ivory and Verren in slot( I had Gore Monday); or if I should bank on Vereen and Branden Bolden to split carries?

I don't know if I wanna roll w a RB by committee for day or just use Ivory and Vereen.

Any suggestions?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd roll with Vereen, but it's no guarantee just a higher ceiling than the others.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
There is an element of luck to fantasy football, but I would say it is more skill than luck. The skill comes down to identifying what players to draft, pick up in FA, and to start from week to week. I have had teams that have been decimated by injuries but have stayed competitive the whole year because of making the right trades and the right fa moves. But there will always be an element of luck, do I feel lucky that AP didn't fall to me in any of my leagues...yes, because if he had I would be hurting at my RB position. Do I feel lucky when I put in a perfect lineup...no because every lineup move I make is a thought out process and an informed decision I make. If I threw together a lineup without thinking about it in detail then yes its more luck than skill. For the players that do their research and make calculated decisions (whether right or wrong), it's more about skill than luck.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
There is some luck to it, like player injuries, sometimes your opponents have monster games.

Having a draft strategy is a good thing more of a skill than luck. I don't think BPA is the best thing to do. I would make a list of players you are targeting at that pick and go by position of need. Picking the best match ups can be skill.

I try to stock up on starting running backs, I would want at least four out of five running backs on my roster to be starters and five out of five would be great. Starting running backs are hard to come by, there are only 32 and some of them split carries and some get demoted so there are usually only about 20-25 quality fantasy running backs. Injuries and byes are other factors.

If you don't draft a running back in the first or second round, you should stock up on rounds 3-5. Running backs have a better chance of getting touches than wide outs do. Most wide outs are inconsistent.

If I don't draft a quarterback in rounds 1 or 2 (maybe 3) then I would prefer to just take one in the bottom rounds of the top 10, you might have to reach/draft early, though.

I think these could be good draft strategies:

1. QB
2. WR
3. RB
4. RB
5. RB

1. RB
2. RB
3. WR
4. WR
5. RB

1. RB
2. WR
3. RB
4. WR
5. RB

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I play draftkings and I had the slots for Mon and tonight's game.

I need help.

I have 1 RB slot and 1 Flex slot open. I pretty much am stacked w patriot WRS Bc we know the jets suck.

I don't know if I should play Ivory and Verren in slot( I had Gore Monday); or if I should bank on Vereen and Branden Bolden to split carries?

I don't know if I wanna roll w a RB by committee for day or just use Ivory and Vereen.

Any suggestions?

I got royally fucked by Gore in my lineups. I'd also roll with Vereen though. You don't know 100% with Belichick, but I just assume he's going to get the most carries and is always a threat in the passing game.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I got royally fucked by Gore in my lineups. I'd also roll with Vereen though. You don't know 100% with Belichick, but I just assume he's going to get the most carries and is always a threat in the passing game.

Agreed. Do you think I should roll with Vereen and the other RB for New England?

I'm starting to think Ivorys not going to amount to much.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Agreed. Do you think I should roll with Vereen and the other RB for New England?

I'm starting to think Ivorys not going to amount to much.

Pretty risky either way. NYJ are the road team on Thurs and NEs been on fire. I don't see the Jets doing much of anything. Yeah, I'd probably take my chances with Vereen and Boldin getting all the RB touches. Naturally now though, NE will use a 3rd RB more than those two, choose at your own risk LOL.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Lol oh great - Ivorys always sucked for me so well see what Boldin Vereen can do

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hope you went with Ivory...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Hope you went with Ivory...
Don't wanna talk about it lol.

Would've won over 200 if I had ivory. Instead I had backup dickhead and everyone else smoked good..

I am beginning to hate fantasy. I need to stop listening to fantasy "experts" and just go with my gut. Bunch of outta shape white guys talking about the sport they never played with stats that I'm sure players would laugh at.

Seriously, I was so pissed during this game I just... Well, smh.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Would've won over 200 if I had ivory. Instead I had backup dickhead and everyone else smoked good..

I am beginning to hate fantasy. I need to stop listening to fantasy "experts" and just go with my gut. Bunch of outta shape white guys talking about the sport they never played with stats that I'm sure players would laugh at.

5730074a727156fc4ce211a6146121359fb69f4f8647506a18ef5b156ad98494.jpg

Sorry I had to.

Bro I know the feeling. I would have one to ight but I was off by one player :(

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

LOL, if it makes you feel any better, I changed out Ivory twice and went with Gore in the Mon/Thurs games. Cost me a few bucks too. Also, I never go with anyone's advice but my own. I might ask, but in the end, I won't go against my feels. This way I'm not regretting decisions. Been there, done that.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, if it makes you feel any better, I changed out Ivory twice and went with Gore in the Mon/Thurs games. Cost me a few bucks too.

That's the exact same move I did that and changed ivory out for stacy. Smh. Cost myself about 200 bucks

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never go with anyone's advice but my own. I might ask, but in the end, I won't go against my feels. This way I'm not regretting decisions. Been there, done that.

Agreed, i subscribe to a few websites, but that's for information purposes only and not for my lineup "who to play" questions. It's a learning lesson Despo that we all had to go through. However some learn faster than others.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yup, same here. I stick to one site that I've come to trust. It helps me make a more informed decision, but it doesn't make my decision for me.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Thanks guys.

I chose that rookie wr yesterday in the PITT game for a pool I'm in for the mon thurs game.

Dude had .98% of people drafting him.

He got a Td.

Screw the experts lol

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of them laugh at being called "experts", they just have a really cool job doing something they love to do. They also get it wrong pretty often ;)

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans