Chicken Breast Recipes

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Make sure the marinade is cooked all the way if its from the bag of raw chicken

Lemon juice, or any citric acid for that matter, is antibacterial/antimicrobial. Not an issue. Thus it is used on a bunch of raw preparations like ceviche or steak tartar. Science!

(it is good practice to heat everything to 140°+ though [which takes mere seconds for an exterior marinade on a grill])

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know exactly where you're talking about. I always take the Gandy bridge when I'm over there to avoid malfunction junction. From there hop on the crosstown and get on I-4 just before Hard Rock. It's fucking awesome, saves so much time / frustration. Anyways, I'll have to stop in there sometime and eat on my way through.

after visiting their website, I'm pretty sure I want to live there when I'm an old man.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah.... still puking... thx bro

boy-wonder-2010-movie-poster.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lemon juice, or any citric acid for that matter, is antibacterial/antimicrobial. Not an issue. Thus it is used on a bunch of raw preparations like ceviche or steak tartar. Science!

(it is good practice to heat everything to 140°+ though [which takes mere seconds for an exterior marinade on a grill])

What are we talking about? Any lemon juice or acid will partially cook a meat if it sitting in it. It could possibly cook it all the way if it is enough acid and long enough. But, lemon juice will not cook a chicken breast. Chicken should be cooked to 160 to 165. Pork is around 140-160 depending on preferred doneness. Trichinosis is very rare and only occurs in poorly kept pork. Duck should be cooked to rare because Duck doesnt contain salmonella. Steaks can range from around 120 on depending on preferred temp. I use my touch to everything. I never use a thermometer. I use the trick with my hand to know the temp of a steak. It has never done me wrong. I will say that people will marinate chicken and then baste in that marinade which is ok as long as you allow the juice to come up to 160 or more. If you baste a chicken off the heat with the marinade you used when it is raw. Well, get ready to shit your brains out at the absolute least. Salmonella is nothing to play with. Ive seen some bad shit with that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah no doubt. How long did you do it? I had Rex on it for almost a year.

My dog's name is Rex too. He's half American Bulldog and half Black Lab.

For the chicken...I love homemade chicken nuggets. MMMM GOOD!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
:clap: Chef SilenceS to the rescue!

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had three chicken breasts in the fridge yesterday, so I decided to use what I had in the kitchen rather than follow a recipe. Here’s what I did:

I juiced 2 oranges and a lemon, added some soy sauce to that and reduced it in a small saucepan until it was a bit syrupy. I also sliced a second lemon.

I patted the chicken dry and rubbed on a homemade poultry shake I keep on hand (kosher salt, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, cayenne), placed the breasts in a cast iron skillet that had just enough oil to coat, topped them with the citrus and soy reduction, placed the lemon slices on top of the chicken, placed a sliced onion in the open spaces and cooked it to temperature (165) in a 400 degree oven. I didn’t keep up with the cooking time, but I’m guessing it was 30-40 minutes.

It was really good, and it didn't take much prep work. I’m definitely making it again.

On Saturday, I ate one piece of the chicken and some of the onions on top of some raw spinach.

Today, I cooked the rest of my spinach along with some mushrooms. I chopped up one of the breasts and added it (and some more of the onions) to the pan at the end just to heat everything up.

Tomorrow, I’ll finish the rest of it cold over some romaine.

That’s what you do when you’re single. You make something and then try to figure out a way to eat it three days in a row without getting bored with it.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Edit: This is a long post. I went on for a bit.

Ares, this is what I’ve been eating for awhile and I’m losing weight:

For breakfast, I have a 1/2 cup of old-fashioned (or rolled) oats. That’s the dry measurement, so it’s a 1 1/2 cups cooked. I top that with some fruit (it’s usually either blueberries or a combo of raspberries and peaches) and some walnuts or almonds. I also have a banana whenever they decide to be ripe on the day I’d like to eat them.

For lunch, I try to eat as many raw vegetables as possible. My goal is a one-pound salad, but I rarely hit that number. It’s mostly dark leafy greens rather than something like iceberg which is useless. I also go light on the dressing (around 2 tablespoons). Obviously, I don’t use dressings like ranch or honey mustard. You might as well eat a bacon cheeseburger if you’re going to eat those. I have another serving of fruit (oranges are good for this) at lunch as well.

For dinner, I’ll have some protein and one or two vegetables (raw or cooked). For the protein, I eat beans, seafood or poultry for six days and red meat on the other. For the vegetables, I always have one vegetable from the Brassica species (kale, collard greens, broccoli, etc). If I have a second, it’s usually something starchy (squash, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.) and I limit that to around cup.

I only drink water (gave up soda years ago) except for alcohol, and I’ve reduced the alcohol to a couple of nights a week. I’m lactose intolerant, so dairy isn’t something I have to worry about, anyway. Fried food also makes me sick, so I’ve got that going for me.

I eat as much vegetables as I want, 3 servings of fruit, 1/2 cup of whole grains, 1 or 2 ounces of raw nuts or seeds and one serving of beans or meat. That’s pretty much everyday.

I try to load up on foods that are high in nutrients and low in calories, and I try to minimize foods that are the opposite (simple sugars, oils, etc). I really like fruits and vegetables, so it’s easy. I’ve also never cared for bread or dessert.

And there’s some flexibility to it. I could have a green smoothie for breakfast (made with kale or spinach) and shift the whole grains to lunch or dinner. I’ll sometimes skip the oatmeal on the weekends and get those carbs later.

I’ve only been doing it for four months, but I’ve dropped 30 pounds so far, and I feel great. This is also how I like to eat, so it’s sustainable for me.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

For breakfast, I have a 1/2 cup of old-fashioned (or rolled) oats. That’s the dry measurement, so it’s a 1 1/2 cups cooked. I top that with some fruit (it’s usually either blueberries or a combo of raspberries and peaches) and some walnuts or almonds. I also have a banana whenever they decide to be ripe on the day I’d like to eat them.

For lunch, I try to eat as many raw vegetables as possible. My goal is a one-pound salad, but I rarely hit that number. It’s mostly dark leafy greens rather than something like iceberg which is useless. I also go light on the dressing (around 2 tablespoons). Obviously, I don’t use dressings like ranch or honey mustard. You might as well eat a bacon cheeseburger if you’re going to eat those. I have another serving of fruit (oranges are good for this) at lunch as well.

For dinner, I’ll have some protein and one or two vegetables (raw or cooked). For the protein, I eat beans, seafood or poultry for six days and red meat on the other. For the vegetables, I always have one vegetable from the Brassica species (kale, collard greens, broccoli, etc). If I have a second, it’s usually something starchy (squash, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.) and I limit that to around cup.

I only drink water (gave up soda years ago) except for alcohol, and I’ve reduced the alcohol to a couple of nights a week. I’m lactose intolerant, so dairy isn’t something I have to worry about, anyway. Fried food also makes me sick, so I’ve got that going for me.

I eat as much vegetables as I want, 3 servings of fruit, 1/2 cup of whole grains, 1 or 2 ounces of raw nuts or seeds and one serving of beans or meat. That’s pretty much everyday.

I try to load up on foods that are high in nutrients and low in calories, and I try to minimize foods that are the opposite (simple sugars, oils, etc). I really like fruits and vegetables, so it’s easy. I’ve also never cared for bread or dessert.

And there’s some flexibility to it. I could have a green smoothie for breakfast (made with kale or spinach) and shift the whole grains to lunch or dinner. I’ll sometimes skip the oatmeal on the weekends and get those carbs later.

I’ve only been doing it for four months, but I’ve dropped 30 pounds so far, and I feel great. This is also how I like to eat, so it’s sustainable for me.

:Clap:

Not sure you are getting enough calories but that is so awesome you can do this. For me I'd miss food too much. Getting protein once a day would kill me. :)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wow...your taste buds are helping you out big time on this imo. That's awesome though that you're able to do that and like it. I'd be miserable on this diet lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont like talking diets. I feel it doesnt do that much. Everybody's body is different and it can break down certain foods better then others. My biggest issues is bread. I fucking love bread. I will go eat somewhere just because their bread is delicious. If I could cut that down and cut down the boozing, which is hard for the industry I work in, I would lose a good bit of weight. But, its the fucking way she goes bubs. The fucking way she goes.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Windy, that's awesome that you can eat that way consistently. I'd lose my damn mind. What does this look like from a total kcal perspective and macro breakdown (fats / carbs / protein)? Unless I'm missing something this seems like not enough food.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting 1400-1600 calories. I sometimes go over, but I don't let it dip below 1400.

Let's say I do oatmeal, strawberries, a banana and an ounce of almonds for breakfast. That's around 500 calories. After that, lunch will run me around 400-500 and dinner will go for 500-600. If I see that I'm running low on calories, I'll add something to dinner, so I don't go below 1400.

I never feel hungry. A pound of raw vegetables is a ridiculous amount of food, so that and my breakfast sustain me.

I never feel tired, either. I've always had problem with my blood sugar spiking, and this is the most consistent energy levels I've had my entire life.

I'm dropping 2-3 pounds a week. Once I hit my target weight, I'll adjust it so I can maintain.

I've also been logging everything through an app, so my nutrition doesn't get out of whack.

Like I said before, I never had a problem with sweets or bread. I've just never craved them. My problem was always fried food, fast food, ranch dressing, processed/convenient food, etc. Around five years ago, I started getting really sick from eating all of that. It took me a while to figure out what was causing it, but after I cut it out, I haven't been sick. So this has been a combination of weight loss and not feeling like shit, anymore. I know that it wouldn't work for most people, but it's been great for me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I could never survive on 1400 calories...I'd be starving lol. 1800 calories is what I'm trying to aim for now, but I still find myself being super hungry. I think in my case, I pretty much have to get up near 2000 calories to feel satisfied during the day, I just have to increase my exercise to keep up with that amount. I've been trying to go with less because I've been going to the gym less (stupid work schedule giving me less time to do all the things I want to do), but I think my natural appetite just needs more than 1600 even if I'm only working out twice a week. Back when I could go to the gym basically every day, my calorie intake was probably up near 2500+. This may have something to do with my appetite now lol

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2000 is still a deficit for a lot of people.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2000 is still a deficit for a lot of people.
A lot of people also eat way too much in general. But if you do regular exercise and such, it's definitely feasible to be eating upwards of 2500-300 or even more calories depending on how your body metabolizes food.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been trying different ideas but something easy I have been reverting to alot is just getting a BBQ flavor on the chicken.... I rub both sides with salt/pepper/Paprika/Garlic Powder and then I brush a little bit of BBQ sauce on top of the chicken breast and bake it in the oven.

Comes out good and I add some Sweet Baby Rays to the plate to dip the chicken in.

Anyone got any advice on making a regular boneless, skinless chicken breast into a BBQ flavor?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I have been trying different ideas but something easy I have been reverting to alot is just getting a BBQ flavor on the chicken.... I rub both sides with salt/pepper/Paprika/Garlic Powder and then I brush a little bit of BBQ sauce on top of the chicken breast and bake it in the oven.

Comes out good and I add some Sweet Baby Rays to the plate to dip the chicken in.

Anyone got any advice on making a regular boneless, skinless chicken breast into a BBQ flavor?
Different rubs, but that's basically it. I usually sauce at the end and hit the broiler for a few minutes to brown the sauce when doing it indoors.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Different rubs, but that's basically it. I usually sauce at the end and hit the broiler for a few minutes to brown the sauce when doing it indoors.

What kinda rub do you go for?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What kinda rub do you go for?

So I am not anywhere near as advanced as others on making homemade rubs. I really just hit the local store and smell the spices/pre-made rubs. Whatever I like at the moment I get. Junky advice I know, but honest :)