Why offense is down

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm checking your post and reading that you continued on with your strawman and argued it even more emphatically.

Waiting for you to show that one...not really...

But the zone you posted isn't exactly what the rule book says. ;)

We did this one already. My strike zone is the rule books.

Aids the pitcher, who needs no additional help.

Says who?

You've even stated the game has always been skewed against the hitter. oops!

It's called baseball. Check it out sometime.

Good. We don't need to adjust batting gloves after every pitch.
Agreed

But more offense doesn't speed the game up, according to you. :D
Never said, but nice try scarecrow placing your wrong ideas on another.

But it's often your MO.

If only you could substantiate that somehow.

LOL. This is the big strawman you just supported by more of the same.
Can't wait for this one..I doubt you can do it though.

I suggested to you that the video production of baseball was not on par with the video production of football.

No you didn't. Feel free to quote that one.

You subsequently posted something about gambling and football. Now let's address what you posted regarding the "majority" is this-"Football owns a majority of it's popularity to gambling. Even they have said as much." No. That is not what the NFL has said and that is not what your links that you have quoted say. "A meaningful part of their fan base" does not equal "majority".

When is 5% a majority? Answer that question and you'll be able to grasp this better.

I'm leaving the rest of that huge, fat strawman alone, but I did address the word "majority".

No you did not.

Study? What I posted should indicate to you why it is very difficult to study in the first place.

No Study which is why I said what I said. You need help today. Try modding for a bit.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Waiting for you to show that one...not really...
LOL.

We did this one already. My strike zone is the rule books.
No. It isn't. You forgot one critical value.

Says who?
Facts. Angles. Downward slope of pitch. Obvious.

It's called baseball. Check it out sometime.
Not a very clever retort.

Whew! I was really concerned!

Never said, but nice try scarecrow placing your wrong ideas on another.
Sarcasm. Try reading it.

If only you could substantiate that somehow.
I'm sure plenty of other posters could come along and verify your MO for me.

Can't wait for this one..I doubt you can do it though.
I've already pointed it out to you in plain English. I'm not going to bother anymore.

No you didn't. Feel free to quote that one.
"For starters, the way a football game is produced and the views of plays/player positions and how each play was successful is completely different."

When is 5% a majority? Answer that question and you'll be able to grasp this better.
I don't know. You're the one who made a claim that people gambling on football made up the majority of the NFL viewership.

No you did not.
:rolleyes:

No Study which is why I said what I said. You need help today. Try modding for a bit.
If I was a mod, I'd still let your posts stand as they are.

Liked Posts:
I know OBR, even a google search turned up empty on FED. But hey, don't help conversation. Hinder it as much as possible. :smh:

Please look up what first means. You posted two comments and clearly one is first. 2323 did leave the option of something other than zero tosses over as an alternative to his initial which is penalize immediately. Either way it's bad to do it without putting a restraint on the baserunner.

You are right. I gave you way too much credit. My bad.

Just too easy...nvm...Anyway Yes I want the DH in the NL. I don't want Steve Lyons to pitch nor Carlos Zambrano to bat unless it's an emergency situation. The players need to stick to what they do best. Pitchers pitch, Hitters bat. Hate the DH? Add a fielder or make the lineup 8 instead of 9. Wait, that's a bit of crazy talk right there. I blame you for it :)

More runs means longer game. Less runs, shorter game. Not rocket science. The game has more "action" but in no ways does it shorten play which is a bigger concern to the casual fan. They don't want 3.5 hour games. Find a way for ten runs in 2 hours and your casual fan might be placated.

Thanks.
Enforcing just these rules speed the game up. Doesn't add more offense and does sharpen the defense/pitching It does speed the game up though.

You should really think this through. You want players to do what they do best, yet I'm guessing you'll say having it be like football where they let different guys play the field than who bats is going too far...thus exposing your intellectual honesty.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You should really think this through. You want players to do what they do best, yet I'm guessing you'll say having it be like football where they let different guys play the field than who bats is going too far...thus exposing your intellectual honesty.

I'm sure you're making a point but either I'm tired or you're not making much sense here :shrug:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars