Pre-season IGT: Atlanta vs Bulls Thursday 7PM on CSN-Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
i was at this game, definitely didn't have a preseason feel to it. I've never seen a buzzer beater live and it was my first bulls game :D lost my voice for a few days but totally worth it, awesome awesome final quarter of action

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think he'll play THIS well for the whole season, but if he takes the same types of shots that he's been taking in preseason, we should see a far more efficient Butler. I'll take that. Around 12-14 points on shooting in the upper 40s and a 3 scattered about would be quite good. Plus the free throws...he's been getting a lot of foul calls. I really hope that carries over as well.

Bingo...there are enough offensive options on the team that he does not have to force anything. I am not saying he should be given the edict that Skiles gave Deng in 2006 about shooting threes...but he should consider playing within himself and know his own limitations. Sort of like another alum from Marquette has done down in Miami, very successfully.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I don't think he'll play THIS well for the whole season, but if he takes the same types of shots that he's been taking in preseason, we should see a far more efficient Butler. I'll take that. Around 12-14 points on shooting in the upper 40s and a 3 scattered about would be quite good. Plus the free throws...he's been getting a lot of foul calls. I really hope that carries over as well.

I don't think anyone expects a 70% clip to carry over all regular season. I think the point is that Butler has changed his game. He is driving the hoop great and drawing fouls. He's also hitting his medium range shots and not trying to be a 3 guy, which he isn't. This is what should carry over to the regular season.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
The only thing I took from that game was that I used to get ridiculed on this forum for saying that I wouldn't watch the local feed if a national feed was on. Stacey King was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top. It was unnecessary. "Jimmy Jordan"??? I like Butler like most Bulls' fans. I would hope that his success translates to the regular season. THAT is when I will get excited.

Well, you watch/listen to what you want, but it seems a little harsh on Stacey. I like Stacey. He's a color commentator, that's his job to create excitement. Anyone would be foolish to expect Jordan numbers, but I have no problem with a commentator to bring a little excitement to the broadcast, especially a pre season game.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well, you watch/listen to what you want, but it seems a little harsh on Stacey. I like Stacey. He's a color commentator, that's his job to create excitement. Anyone would be foolish to expect Jordan numbers, but I have no problem with a commentator to bring a little excitement to the broadcast, especially a pre season game.

Lol...that wasn't a "little" excitement. He was losing his damn mind!

And here is where you are wrong. His job as a color commentator is to give expert analysis. THAT SHIT WASN'T EXPERT ANALYSIS! Trust me, I listened to Red Kerr for years. After so much of him, I couldn't wait to hear Doug Collins, Hubie Brown, Doc Rivers...any of those guys' opinions of the Bulls were welcomed.
King's job isn't to create excitement...that is the job of the players.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Lol...that wasn't a "little" excitement. He was losing his damn mind!

And here is where you are wrong. His job as a color commentator is to give expert analysis. THAT SHIT WASN'T EXPERT ANALYSIS! Trust me, I listened to Red Kerr for years. After so much of him, I couldn't wait to hear Doug Collins, Hubie Brown, Doc Rivers...any of those guys' opinions of the Bulls were welcomed.
King's job isn't to create excitement...that is the job of the players.

Hey, I respect your opinion, but this seems like such a silly thing to get bothered by. I highly doubt that Stacey was serious about Butler being another MJ this coming season. I mean what's wrong about Butler having a great game and a Bulls 21 pt comeback win in a pre season game?

Stacey played with MJ, I highly doubt he thinks Butler's the next MJ. I listened to Harry Carey and Steve Stone for years. Harry brought the excitement and Stoner brought the knowledge. On the contrary, Hawk Harrelson, who's very knowledgeable, bores the crap out of me.

Also, I's bet that Stacey knows more about basketball than you, but by all means, watch/listen to whatever you want to. It just seems silly, to me, to get all bothered by him being excited about the Bulls comeback as an announcer or whatever type of commentator you want to call him.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Hey, I respect your opinion, but this seems like such a silly thing to get bothered by. I highly doubt that Stacey was serious about Butler being another MJ this coming season. I mean what's wrong about Butler having a great game and a Bulls 21 pt comeback win in a pre season game?

Stacey played with MJ, I highly doubt he thinks Butler's the next MJ. I listened to Harry Carey and Steve Stone for years. Harry brought the excitement and Stoner brought the knowledge. On the contrary, Hawk Harrelson, who's very knowledgeable, bores the crap out of me.

Also, I's bet that Stacey knows more about basketball than you, but by all means, watch/listen to whatever you want to. It just seems silly, to me, to get all bothered by him being excited about the Bulls comeback as an announcer or whatever type of commentator you want to call him.

The relevance of this is...yeah...not relevant.

Never did I think Stacey thought Butler was MJ...he thought Butler had an MJ like performance...in the preseason...against scrubs. Essentially, it was practice...that is it. In context of the moment...it was a too much. And that is my opinion. I have no doubt about Stacey's basketball knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.