Next Bull to score 50 pts?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Rose or Butler. But realistically only if whoever the superstar they normally go up against is injured for the night, maybe if a team suffers from a flu bug and is shorthanded. It would take a hot first and fourth quarter.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Rose or Mirotic. Nikola is going to be special.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I would go with Rose

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I keep thinking this thread is ridiculous, but then I remember when Deng had a 40pt game. So let the delusions continue!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep thinking this thread is ridiculous, but then I remember when Deng had a 40pt game. So let the delusions continue!

yeah...lol.

Did McD ever score 50 in college? shorter game though. 40 minutes, but he would have played 36-38, the most he could hope for with Bulls this year. Butler isn't really a 50 scorer, even if improved.

Brooks IS that type of streak guy, who gives you real problems if you have poor stop ball PG. He will eat you alive. Mirotic could get hot from 3 and have a 10 3 game....

Whoever ordered them above, it was an accurate order.

Obviously, its gonna be Rose, and it probably happens in the first 30 games. I can't get over how good he looked against the Cavs, he reminded us all that at his greatest potential, he can split Bosh and Lebron while dunking on top of Wade. Dude is like Iverson on HGH and Horse steroids.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Gordon had 48 :smug:

highest since Jordan

i'd say Rose is our best bet although i dont see it happening

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gordon had 48 :smug:

highest since Jordan

i'd say Rose is our best bet although i dont see it happening

Nah...with his improved 3 point shot and you know the refs are gonna give him superstar protection....he will do it if healthy.

there is a gonna be a game where he hits 8 3's, and with 10 free throws he would just need 8 lay ups. He new game is built to reach 50.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Nah...with his improved 3 point shot and you know the refs are gonna give him superstar protection....he will do it if healthy.

there is a gonna be a game where he hits 8 3's, and with 10 free throws he would just need 8 lay ups. He new game is built to reach 50.

I think its fair to expect a 40ppg :bullbang::bullbang:

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
Only person putting 50 pts on the floor every night on this team is Tom Thibodeau for the foreseeable future.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rose's 3 highest scoring games.

vs Spurs in 2011
42pts in 39 minutes. 0 threes and 6 FTs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201102170CHI.html

vs Indiana in 2011
42pts in 39 minutes. 2 threes and 18 FTs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201103180IND.html

vs Atlanta in 2011 Playoffs.
44pts, in 38 minutes. 4 threes and 8 FTs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105060ATL.html

If his shot has improved, I can see him going off one night. He doesn't need it to be any one way(getting a lot of 3's or getting to the FT line). So it's just a matter of health and Thibs not pulling him when he's having a career night. What happens when it's an over-time game? He can play 44 minutes on a hot night, and reach 50.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the Bulls look like a much faster offense now, with Gasol and Mirotic and McD and Gibson off the bench and Brooks

I'm just feeling that we will have one of the better point differentials in the league, one of the better points against, and average more than 100 a night.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the Bulls look like a much faster offense now, with Gasol and Mirotic and McD and Gibson off the bench and Brooks

I'm just feeling that we will have one of the better point differentials in the league, one of the better points against, and average more than 100 a night.
I hope. Pair that with the standard Thib's defense, and you have a championship caliber team.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:

Great point, and I agree. I've been saying this all off season. Teams with the best point differential are usually the teams that are championship contenders. This is a big reason I think the Bulls can win it all.

Yes, the Cavs might score 105 per game, but they might give up 100 points per game, thus giving them a 5 pt differential. Whereas I think the Bulls could give up 88 - 90 points per game, and score 98 - 100 points per game, thus giving them close to a whopping 10 point differential.

Plus, I'm still a big believer that points win games, but defense wins championships.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great point, and I agree. I've been saying this all off season. Teams with the best point differential are usually the teams that are championship contenders. This is a big reason I think the Bulls can win it all.

Yes, the Cavs might score 105 per game, but they might give up 100 points per game, thus giving them a 5 pt differential. Whereas I think the Bulls could give up 88 - 90 points per game, and score 98 - 100 points per game, thus giving them close to a whopping 10 point differential.

Plus, I'm still a big believer that points win games, but defense wins championships.

Yeah....but they will have rebounding and have one of the best defenders in the game when he saves energy for it in Lebron. With his lighter weight his defensive quickness and shot blocks will go up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
good points, the Cavs could be vulneragle in a 7 game series to anyone, its unlikely they can sweep people with inconsistent shooters and poor defensive chemistry/system/players.

We are the favorites along with Golden State and the Clippers, imo.....The Cavs might only be the fourth best team at the end of the year.

And yes, I count out the Spurs.....how long can they keep this up? Ginobli is dying, Parker is a zombie, and Duncan is how old? good god how do they do it?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If over the Bulls were to go 81-1 this season, and the one loss came during a 50 point game.....I'd hate that player to no end.

Since that is not likely to happen, I'll just be happy anytime a Bull scores 25 points a game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If over the Bulls were to go 81-1 this season, and the one loss came during a 50 point game.....I'd hate that player to no end.

Since that is not likely to happen, I'll just be happy anytime a Bull scores 25 points a game.

Yeah....what do we all think Rose will AVERAGE this year? I say he can pull about 26-28 on this team if he is efficient and shoots 37% from 3.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no one on the Bulls team that would get enough shots to score fifty points. I kind of doubt we will have more than one or two instances of any of our players ever to score forty points. This team is going to have to work very hard to score a lot of points due to our insufficiency of good guards.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I hope that you are right. But I do not see this team close to averaging 100 points per game. To do this a team has to push the ball up the court and that is not the way this team is built. We do not have the guards and SFs to do it right now. Maybe next year when McDermott and Mirotic get experience but not now.