Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube_share;d2p3Aeqsg2c]http://youtu.be/d2p3Aeqsg2c[/video]

20 point 4th quarter. Going for 18, 18, 21, and 29 in his last 4.

Against the Hawks, he showed a full repertoire of offensive moves-bodying up bigs, while attacking the rim...posting his man up. Draining the mid range. Getting to the line... And being that same lights out defender.

The kid has taken his game to a whole other level. If he can be that 18ppg, 2nd option that can get his own shot, we should be in a great position to knock off Cleveland

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
He is also shooting nearly 70% since the second game. Here is your answer in a nutshell: It's preseason. No one really cares but us with NFL in full swing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he does it for 4 regular season games, he'll have like 7 threads on here that I'll have to merge, trust me

Celks

Liked Posts:
Marky Mark has been endorsing Jimmy Butler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Marky Mark has been endorsing Jimmy Butler.

Saw that on ESPN chi. I wonder how that happened. It seems like a very unlikely friendship. Maybe he can become a guest star on wahlburgers. I know I'd like to see Jimmy's signature cheeseburger recipe.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy is out mingling with the stars

i think him and Jamie Foxx are cool aswell

Celks

Liked Posts:
Saw that on ESPN chi. I wonder how that happened. It seems like a very unlikely friendship. Maybe he can become a guest star on wahlburgers. I know I'd like to see Jimmy's signature cheeseburger recipe.

I read Marky challenged Butler to a 1 on 1 game when he was filming in Chi. It seemed liked he really liked Butler but doubt they become close friends.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I read Marky challenged Butler to a 1 on 1 game when he was filming in Chi. It seemed liked he really liked Butler but doubt they become close friends.

That's pretty cocky coming from the worlds shortest action hero. Seriously, he's like 5'2".

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Why isn't anyone talking about Jimmy Butler?

a) We have been, a lot.

b) This is pre-season. Doesn't mean anything, so no use to hype him up over ONE incredible quarter of play. And yes, it was the tits.

c) He's trying to get his extension done and sign a new contract. Bulls fans know that if he raises his stock too high, we'll wind up with an overpaid player that becomes hard to move if they wind up not fitting long term(ala Deng, Boozer, Hinrich at one point).

Liked Posts:
c) He's trying to get his extension done and sign a new contract. Bulls fans know that if he raises his stock too high, we'll wind up with an overpaid player that becomes hard to move if they wind up not fitting long term(ala Deng, Boozer, Hinrich at one point).

What do you believe is a reasonable deal (contract) for Mr. Jimmy "Buckets" Butler ?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
♠ B u c k e t s ♠;1602756 said:
What do you believe is a reasonable deal (contract) for Mr. Jimmy "Buckets" Butler ?

He's worth something similar to a Tony Allen contract, but potentially higher if this rare-swing in offense continues. Anyone would be stupid to value him based on a few good preseason games.

6m-8m range. And of course, if you want to adjust his market value based on playing for a losing team and just taking money, he could be worth 11m TOPS. Winning teams have different market values for 3rd-4th options. Lance Stephenson has personality issues, but he was just signed for 9m, and that's a similar comparison, market-value wise(player wise, not the same role and production). But Lance went to a bottom feeder, so of course, he took money over winning. His market value was in the same bracket as Jimmy.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically, he will get near the top end of that (anywhere between) 6-11 million. Maybe even higher. 30 teams in the league and his agent must know what someone out there would be willing to pay him.

czman

Liked Posts:
20% from 3 this preseason. He is not going to be this effective in the regular season shooting that poorly from beyond the arc. The NBA is not what it was even 10 years ago. You have to be able to space the floor on the wings in the current NBA. I don't what Butler does off the bounce, if he shots ~30% from 3 he should not be starting on a team with championship aspirations.

The main reason the Bulls struggled in the playoffs least year was Butler was not able to space the floor and the Wizards just sunk into the paint. That is what will happen in the playoffs this year if Butler cannot shoot.

The excitement about Butler is a bit premature. For the Bulls wings that can space the floor is more important than showing you can get to the rim in preseason.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20% from 3 this preseason. He is not going to be this effective in the regular season shooting that poorly from beyond the arc. The NBA is not what it was even 10 years ago. You have to be able to space the floor on the wings in the current NBA. I don't what Butler does off the bounce, if he shots ~30% from 3 he should not be starting on a team with championship aspirations.

The main reason the Bulls struggled in the playoffs least year was Butler was not able to space the floor and the Wizards just sunk into the paint. That is what will happen in the playoffs this year if Butler cannot shoot.

The excitement about Butler is a bit premature. For the Bulls wings that can space the floor is more important than showing you can get to the rim in preseason.

Show me one person that has said that Butler is a lock to be an All-Star next season. I haven't seen anyone say anything like that, seriously.

Butler is something to be excited about. He's playing smart on offense. Playing to your strengths is what great players do, and Butler has shown potential of being great. He's already a great defensive player (better than Deng in my opinion). All he needs is to keep doing what he's doing offensively. If he can be a threat to hit that mid-range jumper consistently, and keeps attacking, then he will get plenty of open three's that he is capable of making at a half-way acceptable sufficiency.

He plays inside first- outside second, and that's exactly what he needs to do.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Jimmy can get himself to a point where he's only taking a few 3s a game, but consistently making 1 per game, that'd be a huge improvement. If he's knocking down his midrange jumpers consistently, he may be able to get himself to that point over the course of the season.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jimmy can get himself to a point where he's only taking a few 3s a game, but consistently making 1 per game, that'd be a huge improvement. If he's knocking down his midrange jumpers consistently, he may be able to get himself to that point over the course of the season.

I'll preface this by saying I am NOT comparing Jimmy Butler with either of these guys.

Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade are two of the greatest wing scorers in NBA history. Look how many three's they shot per-game in their primes.

Wade averaged less than 1 three-pt attempt per game in the year he won his first championship in 2006.

Jordan averaged less than 2 three-pt attempts per game over his career.

Neither were particular good three-point shooters but exceptional from mid-range and at getting to the rim.

Again- not comparing the players. Just the styles. Butler can be a very good offensive player without shooting lots of three's. All he needs to do is make them pay for leaving him wide open out there.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll talk about him, watched the vid, nice to see him working it. This should be a great season for the Bulls. Anything to get me off the Bear forum right now.