Welp, Notre Dame just got fucked by the refs..

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
4th and goal from the 3 and they get a TD. Refs call it back on a bullshit pick call and the guy was just blocking.

LMAO unreal. Fucking unreal.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They should be able to beat their wives after this game. Amiright?
Nope, just their children...

Fuck it, beat 'em all.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
4th and goal from the 3 and they get a TD. Refs call it back on a bullshit pick call and the guy was just blocking.

LMAO unreal. Fucking unreal.

That was the correct call, and a no brainer. I don't like FSU, and was not rooting for them. And I don't like to see BS calls. But that call wasn't.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
That was the correct call, and a no brainer. I don't like FSU, and was not rooting for them. And I don't like to see BS calls. But that call wasn't.

That call was B.S. It's never called. And that point in the game is certainly not the time to start. It was going to be a TD anyway. If they're going to call that, then they should have called the "Bush Push" back when Notre Dame should have beaten a Carroll/Leinart/Bush USC squad.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
That was the correct call. Those guys cannot block a DB when it is a pass play, blatant interference. All they had to do was run into the guys or sprint pass them. But blocking so obviously without pretending to sell the play was the mistake the ND receivers made.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The only people who think ND got screwed last night are die hard fans, and people who do not understand the rules of football.

Pro tip: You're not allowed to block a defender who can make a play on the ball when the ball is in the air.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Bottomline is, ND deserved to win that game. They were the better team.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

That was the correct call. Those guys cannot block a DB when it is a pass play, blatant interference. All they had to do was run into the guys or sprint pass them. But blocking so obviously without pretending to sell the play was the mistake the ND receivers made.

The only people who think ND got screwed last night are die hard fans, and people who do not understand the rules of football.

Pro tip: You're not allowed to block a defender who can make a play on the ball when the ball is in the air.

Actually you're wrong. The call was ridiculous.

First off, people are confused as to even who the penalty was on. It wasn't on Prosise(#20). It was called on Will Fuller(#7). The issue with it being called on Fuller is that all Fuller did was run a slant route and Ronald Darby blew the coverage and never even tried to fight through the route. Secondly, the officials missed an absolute mugging(defensive holding) of Prosise AND then to top it all off, immediately after the final play an FSU player takes off his helmet in celebration which should have been a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down for Notre Dame and the officials admitted to Kelly and ND that "they missed it".

Notre Dame got absolutely hosed. It's not only "die hard" fans that believe it. Numerous impartial columnists and football players have said as much.

DCguy

Liked Posts:

First off, people are confused as to even who the penalty was on. It wasn't on Prosise(#20). It was called on Will Fuller(#7). The issue with it being called on Fuller is that all Fuller did was run a slant route and Ronald Darby blew the coverage and never even tried to fight through the route. Secondly, the officials missed an absolute mugging(defensive holding) of Prosise AND then to top it all off, immediately after the final play an FSU player takes off his helmet in celebration which should have been a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down for Notre Dame and the officials admitted to Kelly and ND that "they missed it".

Notre Dame got absolutely hosed. It's not only "die hard" fans that believe it. Numerous impartial columnists and football players have said as much.

The refs were correct on the pass interference. Those guys didn't sell the play. They extended to block as if it were a run play. If their arms didn't lock up with the DBs they would have gotten away with it. Both could have gotten called on it. Those guys had to run, no need to touch those guys with their hands, even just running into them looking back at the Qb would have worked.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The refs were correct on the pass interference. Those guys didn't sell the play. They extended to block as if it were a run play. If their arms didn't lock up with the DBs they would have gotten away with it. Both could have gotten called on it. Those guys had to run, no need to touch those guys with their hands, even just running into them looking back at the Qb would have worked.

I noticed you didn't address the fact than FSU player took his helmet off after the play. You just going to ignore that?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I noticed you didn't address the fact than FSU player took his helmet off after the play. You just going to ignore that?

That would have just most likely offset the pass interference calll. It may have helped ND, may have not.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

As I posted in the other thread...

Page 77, Rule 7, Article 8.b:
Offensive pass interference by a Team A (offense) player beyond the neutral zone during a legal forward pass play in which a forward pass crosses the neutral zone is contact that interferes with a Team B (defense) eligible player. It is the responsibility of the offensive player to avoid the opponents.

I can't speak to the helmet being taken off, but it would have been First and Goal from, whatever yard-line. I think the 8.5 yard line.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
That would have just most likely offset the pass interference calll. It may have helped ND, may have not.

May have? LMAO okay clearly you're an ND hater so there is no point in even discussing it further with you.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I can't speak to the helmet being taken off, but it would have been First and Goal from, whatever yard-line. I think the 8.5 yard line.

You say that like its no big deal. They would have had 3 shots at the endzone from the 8.5 yard line.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
May have? LMAO okay clearly you're an ND hater so there is no point in even discussing it further with you.

Lol no reason to hate on them. Just stating my opinion. Not a fan of FSU so me disagreeing with you isn't hate. Don't even care enough about ND to hate them lol.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Lol no reason to hate on them. Just stating my opinion. Not a fan of FSU so me disagreeing with you isn't hate. Don't even care enough about ND to hate them lol.

Okay but when you say that the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty May have helped ND, that sounds ridiculous. Of course it would have helped.. they would have had at least 3 shots at the endzone inside the 10.