Can Greg Olsen Be Jay Cutler's Wes Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
I agree he may not play much, but we could still use him. He's a good receiver. Have him on the left side of the line to brush off a block and do a shorter route, while Dez or Manu on the right side stays in the block.

We're going to have to agree to disagree Nancy. Olsen wasn't a good receiver in my opinion. The man is haunted by footsteps, so to speak. Alligator arms. And furthermore, your scenario is not a Martz strategy.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, the problem wasn't really Olsen (well it kinda was because he is not particularly good at football) nor was it Ron Turner. The problem was a corps of LOUSY receivers, and bad pass protection. Olsen's fade was all that could be done in the 1.5 seconds that Cutler had to throw the ball.
Olsen doesn't improve pass protection. He doesn't improve the receiving corps. He's useless.

I'll respect that, but I still think he can definitely be used in some way shape or form.

jdilla

Liked Posts:
I don't think he can be a Wes Welker type of player for Cutler. What I see from Olsen is a guy that could be used in mid-deep post routes, and just let Cutler fire some deep balls to his big target in Olsen. Welker runs short patterns across the middle, and uses his speed to turn the catch into more yardage, and I don't think anyone really can honestly say that Olsen could do that.
Great point. Well put.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
Lets face it. It was hard for anyone to succeed in Turdners system when even my dog knew what play was being called. Lets hope Martz can scheme enough different looks to give everyone a chance to make plays!

jdilla

Liked Posts:
Lets face it. It was hard for anyone to succeed in Turdners system when even my dog knew what play was being called. Lets hope Martz can scheme enough different looks to give everyone a chance to make plays!
Thats what gives me so much hope for Cutler. If Martz is a master mind that makes Ron Turner an offensive Special person. No offense to anyone disabled.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Turner has always been an Special person with offenses.

I hope that Olsen has a big year in the system. I would like to see him used much like Gates and Gonzalez have been used in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.