Season expectations

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
With preseason rolling to a close, I was wondering what everyone's expectations were for this season. Earlier today, I told a friend I expected Eastern conference finals, but idk how farfetched that it. After further thought, I'm sticking with it, I want to see the bulls at least make it there.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rose to finish the season healthy. That is goal #1 IMO.

Playoff runs are second, because I don't think a playoff run will mean anything if Rose just hurts his knees again.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Healthy is good. If rose has a serious injury again, I would think that's the end of hoping for his return to all star play.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Rose to finish the season healthy. That is goal #1 IMO.

Playoff runs are second, because I don't think a playoff run will mean anything if Rose just hurts his knees again.
Problem with that goal, is its kinda hard to control that. Its out of their hands.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have zero expectations for this team. There are SO many question marks it's tough to have any sort of expectations that don't carry HUGE qualifiers of things like health, development, and performance of rookies. All teams deal with these to a certain extent but the Bulls seem to be a nexus of them converging with all their main players.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls made it to the Finals (and lost).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls lost in the second round (to a team like Miami, Cleveland, Washington, or Toronto).

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Winning the east is not out of the question. Most of the Bulls have payoff experience, Noah won't leave anything on the court, Hinrich and Butler will stand up to anybody. It almost comes down to can Rose lead the team without trying to up his scoring in the playoffs. Let everyone contribute and just win the games. The Finals, who knows who comes out of the west and how they could match up.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
If Rose is healthy, NBA Finals. If he falls at some point or battles injuries all year, they'll be gone by the 2nd round of the playoffs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know this thread is about the Bulls, but here's some predictions for the NBA season:

West Standings:

1. SAS - 60 wins
2. LAC - 55 wins
3. OKC - 50+ wins
4. GSW - 50 wins
5. POR - 50 wins
6. DAL - 45+ wins
7. DEN - 45 wins
8. MEM - 45 wins
---
9. HOU - 45 wins
10. NOP - 40+ wins
11. PHX - 40 wins
12. MIN - 35 wins
13. SAC - 35 wins
14. LAL - 30+ wins
15. UTA - 20 wins

East Standings:

1. CHI - 55+ wins
2. CLE - 55+ wins
3. MIA - 45+ wins
4. WAS - 45 wins
5. TOR - 45 wins
6. BRO - 40 wins
7. CHA - 40 wins
8. NYK - 35+ wins
---
9. ATL - 35+ wins
10. BOS - 35 wins
11. DET - 35 wins
12. IND - 30+ wins
13. ORL - 30+ wins
14. MIL - 25+ wins
15. PHI - 15+ wins

Playoffs rounds 1-2:

Chi>Nyk; Was>Tor; Chi>Was
Cle>Cha; Mia>Bro; Cle>Mia

Sas>Mem; Gsw>Por; Sas>Gsw
Lac>Den; Okc>Dal; Okc>Lac

Playoffs rounds 3-4:

Chi>Cle
Sas>Okc
Sas>Chi

MVP: L.James (D.Rose, S.Curry)
DPOY: A.Davis (S.Ibaka, J.Noah)
COY: T.Thibodeau (G.Popovich, B.Shaw)
6MOY: A.Iguodala (J.Crawford, L.Williams)
ROY: J.Parker (N.Noel, A.Wiggins)
MIP: J.Sullinger (Q.Ross, A.Bennett)

All-NBA teams:

D.Rose, S.Curry, L.James, K.Durant, B.Griffin

C.Paul, D.Lillard, R.Westbrook, J.Harden, L.Aldridge

T.Parker, K.Bryant, C.Anthony, K.Love, A.Davis

Last edited:

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I know this thread is about the Bulls, but here's some predictions for the NBA season:

West Standings:

1. SAS - 60 wins
2. LAC - 55 wins
3. OKC - 50+ wins
4. GSW - 50 wins
5. POR - 50 wins
6. DAL - 45+ wins
7. DEN - 45 wins
8. MEM - 45 wins
---
9. HOU - 45 wins
10. NOP - 40+ wins
11. PHX - 40 wins
12. MIN - 35 wins
13. SAC - 35 wins
14. LAL - 30+ wins
15. UTA - 20 wins

East Standings:
1. CHI - 55+ wins
2. CLE - 55+ wins
3. MIA - 45+ wins
4. WAS - 45 wins
5. TOR - 45 wins
6. BRO - 40 wins
7. CHA - 40 wins
8. NYK - 35+ wins
---
9. ATL - 35+ wins
10. BOS - 35 wins
11. DET - 35 wins
12. IND - 35 wins
13. ORL - 30+ wins
14. MIL - 25+ wins
15. PHI - 15+ wins

Playoffs rounds 1-2:
Chi>Nyk; Was>Tor; Chi>Was
Cle>Cha; Mia>Bro; Cle>Mia

Sas>Mem; Gsw>Por; Sas>Gsw
Lac>Den; Okc>Dal; Okc>Lac

Playoffs rounds 3-4:
Chi>Cle
Sas>Okc
Sas>Chi

MVP: L.James (D.Rose, S.Curry)
COY: T.Thibodeau (G.Popovich, B.Scott)
6MOY: A.Iguodala (J.Crawford, L.Williams)
ROY: J.Parker (V.Oladipo, N.Noel)
MIP: J.Sullinger (Q.Ross, A.Bennett)
I agree with most. Taj better win 6th man of the year. And Dougie with ROY.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with most. Taj better win 6th man of the year. And Dougie with ROY.

Taj would've been my 4th choice for 6th man of the year, and McBuckets is my 5th choice (after Payton). I realized I made a mistake with putting Oladipo in there.

RichTUK

Liked Posts:
Finals. Noah, Buckets, Kirk, Taj and Mirotic can all play huge... and then hope to god Rose can stay fit and find those guys then I dont see a problem. So much deeper than the the Cavs but it will be funny seeing how K Love really cant play with another superstar ego in the team, or if he can then its gona take a while to adjust, even Anthony Davis looked more experienced and less lost than Love in London 2012.

Just need Mirotic to see some good mins (20+) and take some of the dead eye shooting away from the aging eyes of Dunleavy :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to make the eastern conference finals. And win some games. 2-4 of them, depending on how insurmountable the Cavs turnout. And they might be, we'll see whose healthy and who gels, but I could see it going either way, and Miami still has a fast team with a big chip on their shoulder. And they hate us. And the Nets hate us. And the Wizards hate us.

One of my biggest question marks, has more to do with the future. If we can be the team of 2014.....we might be the dynasty and not them. Love could have health problems and Lebron and Kyrie would still be a nightmare without him.

My question is...when does Waiters/Love contract push one of them out the door. Surely they can't keep all 4 much longer, so if we survive this year, maybe we can continue to be their nemesis, they won't get much better than they are now. imo

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Making the ECF is a realistic goal for this team. If everything goes right, there is no reason why this team can't win it all or at least get to the Finals.

maestro

Liked Posts:
I may have to eat my words (hope I do not have to), but I have not been impressed with Love on the Cavs. I think the Bulls can win the ECFs.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate the fact that everyone has hit on health as being the primary component on whether the Bulls succeed or not this year.

However- the best case scenario regarding the Bulls' health will still result in a lot of DNPs IMO. Jo's knee problems are no secret heading into the year and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jo play over/under 65 this year. I also see the same with Pau at around the over/under of 65 GP this year.

It all falls on Thibs willingness to risk a few close regular season games the Bulls should win in regards to limiting guys minutes. There is no reason Jo should play over 30mpg this year with all of the front line help with Taj, Pau and Niko. Hell the way the NBA is going you'll only need to play one big while playing guys like Dun, McD and Butler at the 4 for spurts as we go small.

I'd even like to see Rose closer to 30mpg this year for obvious reasons....and Butler closer to 35mpg. The Bulls just seem dead by the time the playoffs roll around and its because they are. While I wouldn't trade Thibs for ANY coach- he has to adjust at this point in his career and use all of the depth he has.

Expectation if we're reasonably healthy: 54 wins, Eastern Conference Finals

Anything more than above would be exceeding expectations as this team is still very new to one another and it will very well need a year or two to gel. If this team sticks together and Thibs is willing to use its depth to the max- this team could age very very well together and have a solid 3 year run. Only time and minutes played will tell.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with Crystallas my expectation would start and end with a full season of D. Rose, healthy.