Where does Richards fit?

What line would you like to see Richards on?

• Total voters

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like Richards and he'll come around eventually I'm sure, but I'm just curious.

I hate taking away time from Shaw because
A. He's my guy
B. He's played well with Kane

but Richards really needs to get going and I feel he'd be a good fit with Kane at some point this year.

I don't think Richards will ever go with a Bickell/Morin/Smith/Carbomb/Versteeg combo at the 3rd line

So what say you?

Do you think the Blackhawks should bump Richards to 2C or keep Shaw there for the time being?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, they're not exactly filling the net with pucks these days. Q generally doesn't wait very long to make changes....you might see Richards with Kaner sooner than later.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i watched richards close yesterday at the game. He still has some wheels and his passing is pretty damn good. imo he isnt being utilized at all correctly. hsve him 2c for a few games to adjust to kane. also last night kane looked lost, shots on goal were not something to hang our hats on, the team seems to have some not found yet chemistry. but richards looked really good and i hope he goes to 2c.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Richards will get a chance at the 2C position sometime in the near future. Offensive isn't producing where it matters at the current time and Q will likely give him that shot. I said it before the season that Shaw should stick at 3C (would rather see him on wing, really) and Richards at 2C. Both of their games are more suited for those positions and having Richards at 3C hasn't worked - the third line has probably been the worst line through the first few games. Somewhat similar to the Bolland situation where it just makes so much more sense for Shaw to play 3C instead of 2C since Shaw is built for that 3rd line role. Richards has definitely lost a step but playing with Kane/Saad he should be just fine since his playmaking capabilities will make up for that lost step or two.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Versteeg to the 2nd line and Saad to the 3rd line today....meh.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
With the way Q juggles lines so much, I don't imagine Richards will be the 3C forever, nor do I think Shaw is a lock to stay at 2C.

Still think the ideal lineup for lines 2 and 3 are Saad-Richards-Kane and Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg. We'll see if Q gets there.

Reports out of practice today have Versteeg up with the top 6 and Saad on the 3rd line.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sharp-Toews-Hossa; Versteeg-Shaw-Kane; Bickell-Richard-Saad; Carcillo-Kruger-Smith

#FreeMorin

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not to derail this Fister, but I think TVR has played pretty well considering he is a rookie.

Now for Richards like many have said think he will get to the 2C eventually. The Smith Kruger Carbomb paring has been good as well when Q throws them together.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im trying to remain patient with Richards but I cringe everytime the puck comes his way. Ive seen a lot of bone headed plays where I was like WTF was that?!?! Oh its just Richards again. Much like Steeger last year. He finds a way to fuck it up.

I dunno... maybe its unfair.. maybe it isnt warranted... but hes on my shitlist right now. Hopefully he comes around.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the way Q juggles lines so much, I don't imagine Richards will be the 3C forever, nor do I think Shaw is a lock to stay at 2C.

Still think the ideal lineup for lines 2 and 3 are Saad-Richards-Kane and Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg. We'll see if Q gets there.

Reports out of practice today have Versteeg up with the top 6 and Saad on the 3rd line.

It seems like common sense. Or like what we saw in playoffs.

I like Toews-Sharp-Hossa Kane-Tuevo-Saad and Bickell-Shaw-Smith personally. Or would like to see it. fuck Richards and Versteeg. Wasted cap clogging the youth.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Versteeg-Shaw-Kane..good lord.

Saad piss in Q's cereal or something?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah okay before some of you go homophobic on me...

Yeah no one should be pleased with how it's gone with him this far. He's been bad. He doesn't fit.

I'll hold out hope yet. I can feel Dews yelling "sample size" at me. :D

I'm afraid the Hawks got too copy-cat-ish and forgot what got them the two cups. It wasn't a hard-on for a 2C.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah okay before some of you go homophobic on me...

Yeah no one should be pleased with how it's gone with him this far. He's been bad. He doesn't fit.

I'll hold out hope yet. I can feel Dews yelling "sample size" at me. :D

I'm afraid the Hawks got too copy-cat-ish and forgot what got them the two cups. It wasn't a hard-on for a 2C.
Agreed, but at the end of the day, its about showing up for the postseason. A big goal in any of those games and all of this will be forgotten.

4 quality lines are key, and Richards provides them with a quality NHL center, something that Handzus wasn't for most of the postseason last year.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad getting moved to the third line is clearly a move by Q to get that 3rd line going. It's been pretty bad this season.

Looks to be working out so far. Hopefully this is the beginning of a good thing. I really like that 4th line Smitty - Kruger - Carbomb

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of your post I'm okay with. What I quoted above, not at all.

Just curious as to why you disagree with that?

That seemed to be the least controversial thing I said. :lol:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so far the only thing I am sure of is the goaltending passes an eye test of improvement. They have been great.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that by the middle of the season Richards is going to be a big time asset. IN the game last night I saw enough of him to believe that. I think that he is feeling his way into a team that has a lot of talent and finding out where he fits in. Once he and his teammates figure things out, he willbe a good addition.