Do you believe Trestman is in over his head?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I mean that sincerely. Do you guys feel that Trestman, a season n half in, is just not what you would call NFL head coaching material? With the discussion of Arians and McCoy, arguably who had less to work with, are batting over 500, do you think Trest is just not a head coach in this league?

Personally, I'm starting to feel that way. As unfortunate as it sounds; the man just doesn't bring unity to a team.

Speed

Liked Posts:
It's still only his 2nd year, so anything is bound to sound knee-jerky.

So far the man just strikes me as more of a coordinator rather than a head coach leader of men type of guy. Ideally I'd want him to just focus only on his area of expertise(offense) and not have to worry about organizing both sides of the football, giving speeches, motivating men, etc...

He seems like a good man and he deserves a couple more years, but so far this is my impression of him.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's too soon, and there are too many questions in regards to staff and personnel.

Personally, I'll give him through next season, though if those questions are not addressed going into the season I'll have my doubts.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I never trust a coach who has a ton of talent but can't get it working. Then again, the Bears also have a lot of loafers.

I'll reserve complete judgment on him until the season is over, but he as a coach seems certainly to be underachieving.

mecha

Liked Posts:
You can take Lovie off that list.

yeah, McDummy's time was after he was gone too. Shanahan also was more of a defensive collapse too. and I suppose the misfortune of going through like 7 RBs in a season.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
The Bears are spending the 3rd most amount of money on offense this year ($63.5 million), behind the Saints ($69.1 million) and the Broncos ($68.2 million). The Bears are currently 17th in total yards per game, and 18th in points per game. This stat alone shows that something is wrong with the coaches.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The Bears are spending the 3rd most amount of money on offense this year ($63.5 million), behind the Saints ($69.1 million) and the Broncos ($68.2 million). The Bears are currently 17th in total yards per game, and 18th in points per game. This stat alone shows that something is wrong with the coaches.

Or they severely overpaid someone.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Sometimes all the talent in the world can't be 'tamed'. I think there has to be something here that's at play. Couple that with injuries and 'same mistakes', and the it becomes the ugly hour in the locker room.

I don't want to say that this season is a write off, as it was a killer first half of the schedule, BUT the home games were all supposed to be Ws, given all, and the division is on fire (or the top two at least).

It's time now to shift our hats and try and enjoy what we're going to see, in my opinion. Superbowl is a distant memory of a fleeting consideration now. Playoffs? Only if the players themselves want it. All the coaching in the world isn't going to 'convince execution'.

Save those quick thoughts, no clue what else to think. I'm not in the business of blaming Trestman until the verdict is in.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
I'm not in the business of blaming Trestman until the verdict is in.

Huh? What "verdict"? You're taking yourself too seriously as a fan if you can't criticize a coach before he gets fired.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I did not like the hiring of any of our coaching staff from day one. We had great coaching and needed a talent evaluating GM. Emory is the man. Lovie would be going after a SB with all this talent. I thought Tman would have been a great OC. I was wrong, he is not even that.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I did not like the hiring of any of our coaching staff from day one. We had great coaching and needed a talent evaluating GM. Emory is the man. Lovie would be going after a SB with all this talent. I thought Tman would have been a great OC. I was wrong, he is not even that.

No. Lovie needed to go regardless.

Waco Kid

Liked Posts:
Yes I do. Two of the three units on this team have terrible coaches, the play calling during games is horrible, the team plays stupid, and now there is fighting in locker room.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was trying to be objective about him while still being a fan, if that makes any sense. Then I started to have serious doubts when his bizarre play calling gave away the Minnesota game last year. Inconsistency is the hallmark of either youth or bad coaching. You can take your pick on defense but our offensive leaders are not young.

Waco Kid

Liked Posts:
I was trying to be objective about him while still being a fan, if that makes any sense. Then I started to have serious doubts when his bizarre play calling gave away the Minnesota game last year. Inconsistency is the hallmark of either youth or bad coaching. You can take your pick on defense but our offensive leaders are not young.

That is where it started for me.

proton

Liked Posts:
We thought we were getting Bill Walsh as a head coach when in reality we got the offensive version of Dick Jauron. It only makes sense that this would be the end result. Inept ownership whose only credentials are being fortunate enough to be in the lucky sperm club. They hire an unqualified bean counter as team president simply because he got them a ridiculously mediocre stadium deal. The inept bean counter hires a GM nobody has ever heard of. The GM nobody has ever heard of hires a head coach from Canada who has been out of the NFL for several years and nobody else in the NFL wanted anything to do with.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems a little bit like a deflection from Cutler being shit, but I'd say Trestman needs to get his shit together as well.

Nick80

Trestman is struggling. This team have failed to play a complete game this season and that starts with the HC.

Poor play from the QB, the O-line has struggled, injuries included and while an excuse, still has to be considered. The receiving core has been up and down again not helped by the inconsistency of the QB. This is as much practice as it is players not stepping up when called upon.

The D has been improved on compared to last year, but given how badly it played last year this can't come as much of a suprise yet still makes average QBs look better than advertised (yesterdays game in particular, T.o.P anyone?)

The bye week cannot come quickly enough for Trestman, his staff and this team. Perhaps getting the O-line in order, the backing core set and all players to hold themselves as accountable as the coaching staff would be a step in the right direction. Almost half way into his second season and perhaps all is not as rosey as it was last year.

Flip side of that, the young players on this team have shown glimpses of a future to give us all hope and the continued play of one or two vets on this team remain a source of positivity (Forte probably stands out just incase anyone was wondering)

It isn't all doom and gloom, but I know it's the easier tact to take here as it appeals to the mass thought process.