Do you believe Trestman is in over his head?

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Trestman is Jason Garrett. That guy has been awful for Dallas for years. The offense was consistently turnover-prone, despite being loaded with talent. They had 8-8 records and such. They had DeCamillis. Now, they're running the ball and have Marinelli coordinating the defense. It appears to be a turnaround. Trestman could have a turnaround next year if he learns from mistakes, gets a legit dc, etc. The turnaround could come sooner if, like Lovie and Martz in 2011, the Bears coaching staff has a come to the well moment to get the team on a win streak.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The better question is how many coaches has Cutler gotten fired?

Mike Shanahan, Josh??, Lovie Smith

This is certainly one of the stupidest posts I've read on here.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Based on his 11-12 record, over his head is a little harsh.

But he has been a disappointment.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Based on his 11-12 record, over his head is a little harsh.

But he has been a disappointment.

I would agree. "Over his head" coaches can't get close to .500, I think, although Trestman is the definition of a loser, at least to this point.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean that sincerely. Do you guys feel that Trestman, a season n half in, is just not what you would call NFL head coaching material? With the discussion of Arians and McCoy, arguably who had less to work with, are batting over 500, do you think Trest is just not a head coach in this league?

Personally, I'm starting to feel that way. As unfortunate as it sounds; the man just doesn't bring unity to a team.

too early to tell really. after all its only the second season injurys have gutted us for 2 years straight and itll take time for emery and trest and tucker to get all the pieces in place in 2 more years if its still this bullshit I say clean house and rebuild

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He probably is a little over his head. Never been a head coach in the NFL before. Issues with handling playcalling, time management, player management, and now maybe the Locker room. I don't think he will necessarily remain over his head though. Learn from experience. Hopefully he did so quickly

Toast88

Liked Posts:
too early to tell really. after all its only the second season injurys have gutted us for 2 years straight and itll take time for emery and trest and tucker to get all the pieces in place in 2 more years if its still this bullshit I say clean house and rebuild

You're willing to give Trestman two more unsuccessful years after this before you cut bait??

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong. But that seems very patient.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're willing to give Trestman two more unsuccessful years after this before you cut bait??

takes time to build a champion and I still have faith in emery

1049206.jpg

and if he steals clint trickett in the later rounds like I hope and has him sit behind cutler next season ill be ecstatic...im tellin ya this kid could be legit did u guys see what he did to baylor

Rando

Liked Posts:
takes time to build a champion and I still have faith in emery

1049206.jpg

and if he steals clint trickett in the later rounds like I hope and has him sit behind cutler next season ill be ecstatic...im tellin ya this kid could be legit did u guys see what he did to baylor

I cannot help but think they stole their logo.....
$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFk5BRI859MdUQ~~60_35.JPG

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

I've said all along that I think barring something like a 6 win season Trestman is given one more year but cuts bait with at least one coordinator. You can't give a coach more than three years if he hasn't made the playoffs with a team in the situation the Bears are in.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears are slow with staff and that's actually a good thing even if we all would like instant gratification. It's easy to be pissed and I think the staff is the way the team is - talented, inconsistent and failing. The sky is not falling, however.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are slow with staff and that's actually a good thing even if we all would like instant gratification. It's easy to be pissed and I think the staff is the way the team is - talented, inconsistent and failing. The sky is not falling, however.

I don't think you fire a coach if you think he is coaching it right. Results are sometimes fluky. I think the Steelers do it right, they don't fire the head coach every time a few guys get hurt or the roster thins. If you trust a guy, you let him work through the bad times. I would not have fired Lovie because his team won big when healthy. I'm not sold on Trestman but if the GM trusts him then no reason to fire him because of bad luck or roster holes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not saying that Trestman falls into this class.

But sometimes you make a mistake, and to sit and hope that it fixes itself is an even bigger mistake.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman looked pretty good when we were the #2 offense in the league.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trestman looked pretty good when we were the #2 offense in the league.

Unfortunatly he could not sustain the success.

The NFL is a league of what have you done lately, and for 7 weeks of a high expectations season his offense has been a massive let down.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunatly he could not sustain the success.

The NFL is a league of what have you done lately, and for 7 weeks of a high expectations season his offense has been a massive let down.

sure, but i'm just saying for those that think he's in over his head, that wasn't the case LAST YEAR. this year, it's been a combination of things, and sure, some of that's on Trestman, play calling, etc. but with OL issues, injuries, Cutler turning the ball over, fumbles, and DEF improving but still having bad games, i don't think Trestman is in over his head. made some bad calls? sure. screwed up a few times? sure.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trestman has had sustained offensive success at the NFL level for decades. The problem is Trestman's belief in Cutler and Cutler's performance not validating that belief.

Nice post, are you related at all to SNORCH?

dakbear

Liked Posts:
Trestman is not in over is head except in one area, in my opinion. That area is player management. He has been too easy on the players by "respecting" their wishes for personal time off-Marshall doing the show in NY, Briggs being excused for opening a restaurant, a plethora of excused absences during training camp, and the list goes on and on. I believe he has lost control of the big stars-Cutler, Marshall, Briggs. Maybe the best way to put it is these players do not respect him. Right now he needs to get into their face, but if you listened to his press conference yesterday you already know that is not going to happen. When you are a "players coach" and coddle the players like he has done and things start to go south, it is almost impossible to get them turned around and going in the right direction. I was a big supporter of Trestman when we hired him, but if we go anything worse than 8-8, I think we make a call to Harbaugh and see if he is interested. I bet there won't be a lot of personal days off or trips to NY to moonlight on a tv show if somebody like Harbaugh is running the show.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sure, but i'm just saying for those that think he's in over his head, that wasn't the case LAST YEAR. this year, it's been a combination of things, and sure, some of that's on Trestman, play calling, etc. but with OL issues, injuries, Cutler turning the ball over, fumbles, and DEF improving but still having bad games, i don't think Trestman is in over his head. made some bad calls? sure. screwed up a few times? sure.

He did look out of his depth last year. The field goal, the Philly debacle, the Detroit games. He made multiple highlight reel blunders in one year.

The biggest complaint is that we got a guy getting OJT when we were told we had an old hand.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never seen an "ex" player be so harsh about coaching yet so soft at pointing the finger at the actual players. You know, the guys that need to execute the actual plays called, the guys that win or lose games ... Not the coaches.