Pre-season IGT: Bulls vs Cleveland Mon 6PM on CSN/NBATV at Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Cavs put their starters in at the end of the third qtr when the bulls put in reserves. They took this game a little serious

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Cavs put their starters in at the end of the third qtr when the bulls put in reserves. They took this game a little serious

I think there was some mind games going on between both coaches tonight imo. As I said before, I think we're in for some nice battles coming up.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
For all the complaining about Thibs riding his stars, check out the box score. Here's some things to note: Derrick Rose: 30 pts 5 rebs 3 asts 12-18 FG 4-5 3P 24 mins; Joakim Noah 6 pts 7 rebs 5 asts 2-4 FG 24 mins. Only Bulls starter to play over 30 minutes was Pau Gasol with 32.

Contrast that with the Cavs: LeBron with 32, Waiters with 33, Love with 35, Kyrie with 39! In a preseason game.

Rose DESTROYED the Cavs defense, especially Irving who was lost every time on the screen. On the opposite side, Rose shut him down with relentless defensive pressure. It wasn't until he played 15 minutes against our 3rd string PG that he started scoring. Love was terrible offensively but rebounded well. Jo did a great job of pushing him outside his comfort and denying him the ball in the post. The only bad spot I saw in the defense was allowing Varejao to look like an all-star. He always seems to play well against us. I felt the defense by committee on LeBron did well tonight, but with Butler out there, this might have been a flip flopped final score.

Going to be a fun regular season! My body is ready..
qbws0upemdupunrmsovg.jpg

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thibs is bad about overplaying his starters, but Larry Brown was much worse.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
For all the complaining about Thibs riding his stars, check out the box score. Here's some things to note: Derrick Rose: 30 pts 5 rebs 3 asts 12-18 FG 4-5 3P 24 mins; Joakim Noah 6 pts 7 rebs 5 asts 2-4 FG 24 mins. Only Bulls starter to play over 30 minutes was Pau Gasol with 32.

Contrast that with the Cavs: LeBron with 32, Waiters with 33, Love with 35, Kyrie with 39! In a preseason game.

Rose DESTROYED the Cavs defense, especially Irving who was lost every time on the screen. On the opposite side, Rose shut him down with relentless defensive pressure. It wasn't until he played 15 minutes against our 3rd string PG that he started scoring. Love was terrible offensively but rebounded well. Jo did a great job of pushing him outside his comfort and denying him the ball in the post. The only bad spot I saw in the defense was allowing Varejao to look like an all-star. He always seems to play well against us. I felt the defense by committee on LeBron did well tonight, but with Butler out there, this might have been a flip flopped final score.

Going to be a fun regular season! My body is ready..
qbws0upemdupunrmsovg.jpg

This probably wouldn't have happened if Butler was in, Lebron was making MDJ look silly causing an over-rotation and Varejao benefiting.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This probably wouldn't have happened if Butler was in, Lebron was making MDJ look silly causing an over-rotation and Varejao benefiting.
Yeah I think if Butler was in the game, there'd be much less overcompensation to help Dunleavy. I mean...Dunleavy did the best he could, but he was obviously in over his head.

Interestingly, on a possession in the 3rd I saw Rose guarding Lebron. That got switched on a pick and roll not long after, but I wonder if that was caused by an off ball screen prior or if Rose actually picked up Lebron willingly.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saying. People complain about Thibs but Larry was worse and he is arguably the "greatest coach in the history of basketball"
Really? I would assume most people would be put Aurbach and/or Jackson above him. :dunno:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
WE LOST THE PRESEASON CHAMPIONSHIP

FIRE THIBODEAU AND GARPAX, TRADE IT ALL FOR MELO :kermit:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? I would assume most people would be put Aurbach and/or Jackson above him. :dunno:

I sure as hell wouldn't call Larry Brown the greatest coach ever. But he has had a ton of success. I think I heard the guys on PTI talking about Larry as the GOAT basketball coach, which I thought was B.S.

I don't really think Phil is the best coach either. Most successful but I wouldn't say the best ever.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I sure as hell wouldn't call Larry Brown the greatest coach ever. But he has had a ton of success. I think I heard the guys on PTI talking about Larry as the GOAT basketball coach, which I thought was B.S.

I don't really think Phil is the best coach either. Most successful but I wouldn't say the best ever.

Phil is one cool dude though. Confident as hell. I don't think there is a dude I'd rather have coaching my team than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.