LeBron James: 'Bulls > Cavs right now'

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I honestly wonder what was going through his head while he was in Boston and Rivers was resting guys left and right.

Probably, "I can't wait for somebody to offer me a head coaching job so I can cut a few careers short by three years!"

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are only better than that 2010-11 team if Rose returns to Superstar form, something I severely doubt he will ever return to. I think this team is probably on par with the 2010-11 team with a suspect Rose who may be able to regain star form, but he won't be the MVP type player we saw in 2010-11.

The Cavs have 3 offensive stars to the Bulls zero offensive stars (until Rose proves otherwise at the very least, then the Bulls are still outnumbered). That has trumped whatever team defense or team play a team has put together throughout NBA history. Not to mention LeBron is an All-D Teamer. The Bulls may get lucky and go 2004 Pistons, but I highly doubt it.

I think Rose will get back to star form. I am very concerned he will play recklessly again and that will risk a severe injury happening again. But it is reasonable to think he'll be a deserving All-Star starter again for years to come IF he stops going 1-on-5 so many possessions. Look at a guy like Chris Paul. He was amazingly athletic and pretty reckless himself before 2009. Now he averages closer to 15 points than 20 and he is hands-down still the 3rd best player in the league (and arguably a better player and smarter player than he was before his knee injuries- partially about knowing his physical limitations). With Rose showing his athleticism so far, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that barring another injury- he will be back to superstar form this season.

Remember the 2010 Finals? Who would've thought that Dallas (a team with 1 offensive star) could beat Miami (a team with 3 offensive stars).

The Mavs were better coached. They had the better PG. They had the better center. They had the better bench.

The Bulls have the better coach, starting PG, and starting C than the Cavs. Better bench- no discernible advantage. But anything is possible.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Rose will get back to star form. I am very concerned he will play recklessly again and that will risk a severe injury happening again. But it is reasonable to think he'll be a deserving All-Star starter again for years to come IF he stops going 1-on-5 so many possessions. Look at a guy like Chris Paul. He was amazingly athletic and pretty reckless himself before 2009. Now he averages closer to 15 points than 20 and he is hands-down still the 3rd best player in the league (and arguably a better player and smarter player than he was before his knee injuries- partially about knowing his physical limitations). With Rose showing his athleticism so far, there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that barring another injury- he will be back to superstar form this season.

Remember the 2010 Finals? Who would've thought that Dallas (a team with 1 offensive star) could beat Miami (a team with 3 offensive stars).

The Mavs were better coached. They had the better PG. They had the better center. They had the better bench.

The Bulls have the better coach, starting PG, and starting C than the Cavs. Better bench- no discernible advantage. But anything is possible.

We sure about that?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paul's playing style hasn't changed since his knee injury. Not sure where you got that from.

bULLZ

Liked Posts:
what? better pg? -_-
i'll take kyrie over rose...
Also, don't stress your word over better coach, Blatt is a new coach in the nba but has tons of experience.
Don't be a blind fanboy

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
what? better pg? -_-
i'll take kyrie over rose...
Also, don't stress your word over better coach, Blatt is a new coach in the nba but has tons of experience.
Don't be a blind fanboy

Blatt is a non-factor. The team has LeBron. My mom coul be the coach and they're going to win 50 games.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
He's trying to take some of the pressure off the Cavs. He should be smart enough to know that this isn't going to work. But this is definitely the Bulls chance to win a title

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Blatt at this point right now > Spoelstra the first year with the Big 3

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paul's playing style hasn't changed since his knee injury. Not sure where you got that from.

He lost some speed and explosiveness. To me, it seemed like Chris Paul was a more aggressive scorer before his injury. Though apart of that is probably that he played on New Orleans, and he did not have nearly the amount of help as he does now (so probably not all of it has to do with loss of athletic ability).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We sure about that?

I'm pretty sure there's at least a slight advantage, yes.

I give CLE the edge at PF because of Kevin Love even though the Bulls' have the most impressive collection of PF's in the NBA- Pau, Taj, Mirotic.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If the Bulls stay healthy, they very well could grab that #1 seed again.. but it'll be like 2010-11, 2011-12..They won't beat this Cavs team in the playoffs.

This Cavs team is not the Heat, the Cavs are soft. The Bulls can and will beat them in a playoff series.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Did he? What are you basing this on?
Well remember when he bulked up, he lost explosiveness. Now that he has lost that weight, his body hasnt been able to adjust. Plus, isn't he like 29 or something. Over the hill fucker.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This Cavs team is not the Heat, the Cavs are soft. The Bulls can and will beat them in a playoff series.
Based on what? A ton of people said the same shit about the Heat in 2010-11...they beat the Bulls in 5.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Based on what? A ton of people said the same shit about the Heat in 2010-11...they beat the Bulls in 5.
Based on Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are both soft, they won't be anything like Wade, Bosh, Haslem, etc... Miami has Pat Riley's defensive background so they were capable of matching the Bulls defensive intensity. The Cavs have a euro coach known for his offensive sets and ball movement. The Cavs will be tough to beat because they have some very skilled players but they won't beat the Bulls.