LeBron James: 'Bulls > Cavs right now'

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right now, I'd say the Bulls have the advantage. But if the Cavs 3 stars play well together, and the role players do their jobs, they are going to be a tough team to beat. My worry now is their defensive prowess. Obviously, LeBron can play some D. But can and will anyone else? It will matter, eventually.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'll take kyrie over rose...

YawningIckyBarebirdbat.gif

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are only better than that 2010-11 team if Rose returns to Superstar form, something I severely doubt he will ever return to. I think this team is probably on par with the 2010-11 team with a suspect Rose who may be able to regain star form, but he won't be the MVP type player we saw in 2010-11.

The Cavs have 3 offensive stars to the Bulls zero offensive stars (until Rose proves otherwise at the very least, then the Bulls are still outnumbered). That has trumped whatever team defense or team play a team has put together throughout NBA history. Not to mention LeBron is an All-D Teamer. The Bulls may get lucky and go 2004 Pistons, but I highly doubt it.

Someone didn't watch the Finals last June.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

Wade and Bosh were glorified role players last year...not to mention they essentially played 4 seasons in 3 they were fatigued and didn't really want it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wade 15 points
Bosh 14 points

vs the spurs

they were glorified role players...also add in the fatigue of essentially playing 4 seasons in 3 and the fact we're are no where near spurs level...i wouldn't count on us taking down the cavs just because we have better role players
Meanwhile superstar Kawhi Leonard won MVP even though he wasn't even an All Star.

Role players are important, but yes, stars are generally what you go with 99% of the time. Could we be part of the 1%? Maybe. 2004 Pistons ftw!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
2004 Pistons we're gifted that championship...Kobe/Shaq were sick of each other

Shaq wasn't the same Shaq and Kobe shot like 30 percent

stars win in this league...unless of course they dont play like stars and/or have issues with each other

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2004 Pistons we're gifted that championship...Kobe/Shaq were sick of each other

Shaq wasn't the same Shaq and Kobe shot like 30 percent

stars win in this league...unless of course they dont play like stars and/or have issues with each other
Hey now, Kyrie can still have a meltdown. KLove can still show himself to be a team cancer! Or they could suck...

But it's a 1% chance

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Hey now, Kyrie can still have a meltdown. KLove can still show himself to be a team cancer! Or they could suck...

But it's a 1% chance

yeah its possible...we'll have to wait and see...but we're behind if thats what we are counting on

this cavs team isnt gonna be a good defensive team but they can score allot and quickly

Bulls are just gonna have keep up...hit open shots and dont collapse down the stretch and we have a chance

probably the best chance we'll ever get as Cavs will only reup with better defensive role players next year

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I saw the Spurs shoot an unbelievable % in those finals. Not to mention what others have said in which Wade was a shell of his former self and the Heat never exactly figured out how to properly use Chris Bosh.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah its possible...we'll have to wait and see...but we're behind if thats what we are counting on

this cavs team isnt gonna be a good defensive team but they can score allot and score fast

Bulls are just gonna have to be able to keep up...hit open shots and dont collapse down the stretch and we have a chance and probably the best chance we'll ever get as Cavs we only reup with better defensive role players next year
Frankly, the Bulls will always be "behind" until they have another star on the team. You're going up against 3 stars, one of which is the best player in the league. Unless you're the Spurs who have proven they can beat a team constructed like that, you're going to be fighting from behind. Heck, OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden and still lost to Miami. Star power is hard to beat.

Given that the Bulls were able to sort of keep up in that preseason game with the bench playing against the Cavs' starters, there is a glimmer of hope, but we'll see what happens in the real game next week.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Frankly, the Bulls will always be "behind" until they have another star on the team. You're going up against 3 stars, one of which is the best player in the league. Unless you're the Spurs who have proven they can beat a team constructed like that, you're going to be fighting from behind. Heck, OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden and still lost to Miami. Star power is hard to beat.

Given that the Bulls were able to sort of keep up in that preseason game with the bench playing against the Cavs' starters, there is a glimmer of hope, but we'll see what happens in the real game next week.
This is the season to beat the Cavs just like 2010-11 was the year to beat the Heat. We need a lot of things to happen for us for all of this to happen obviously.

The Spurs still had three former All-Stars who had decades of experience combined and a young budding star in Leonard. They had excellent 3 point shooters. The Bulls do have an All-Star (Noah) former All-Star (Gasol) and a possible still All-Star (Rose)...and we'll need Mirotic, McDermott, and Butler to be hitting three's when needed and Brooks to be the spark off the bench. Its doable, but I still have my doubts...especially when the Bulls head coach drives players into the ground with their minutes.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Just goes to show how important a player like Butler is to keep LeBron and check and not be able to break down the defense so easily.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
thibs has manged minutes great this preseason...no starters have been overplayed and played what starters should in preseason which is like 25 minutes

hope this is a a sign thibs has finally changed and will manage minutes better but i dont know...a few losses in reg season because of the bench and thibs might revert back to old ways

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw the Spurs shoot an unbelievable % in those finals. Not to mention what others have said in which Wade was a shell of his former self and the Heat never exactly figured out how to properly use Chris Bosh.

And people tend to forget that the Spurs currently also have 3 HOF'ers playing for them and a HOF coaching them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just goes to show how important a player like Butler is to keep LeBron and check and not be able to break down the defense so easily.
Well...Leonard also provided a bunch of offense so we'll have to find that contribution as well. The more defense Lebron has to play, the less of him dunking on us we'll see.