LeBron James: 'Bulls > Cavs right now'

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls stay healthy, they very well could grab that #1 seed again.. but it'll be like 2010-11, 2011-12..They won't beat this Cavs team in the playoffs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls stay healthy, they very well could grab that #1 seed again.. but it'll be like 2010-11, 2011-12..They won't beat this Cavs team in the playoffs.

This. No matter if you think what Lebron James says is true or not..it's completely irrelevant.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think this Cavs' team (this year in the playoffs) will be better than what the Heat were in their first year together. And, combined with that, I expect this Bulls team to be somewhat better than the team that lost to the Heat that same season.

It's more of a toss-up than anything else. To say "they won't beat the Cavs" is far too indefinite of a statement.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think this Cavs' team (this year in the playoffs) will be better than what the Heat were in their first year together. And, combined with that, I expect this Bulls team to be somewhat better than the team that lost to the Heat that same season.

It's more of a toss-up than anything else. To say "they won't beat the Cavs" is far too indefinite of a statement.
The Bulls are only better than that 2010-11 team if Rose returns to Superstar form, something I severely doubt he will ever return to. I think this team is probably on par with the 2010-11 team with a suspect Rose who may be able to regain star form, but he won't be the MVP type player we saw in 2010-11.

The Cavs have 3 offensive stars to the Bulls zero offensive stars (until Rose proves otherwise at the very least, then the Bulls are still outnumbered). That has trumped whatever team defense or team play a team has put together throughout NBA history. Not to mention LeBron is an All-D Teamer. The Bulls may get lucky and go 2004 Pistons, but I highly doubt it.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's more of a toss-up than anything else. To say "they won't beat the Cavs" is far too definite of a statement.

motivator6d560db7c7787768b430366da4.jpg

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

This Cavs team is better at the starters and better on the bench. I fully expect them to clown the entire EC come playoff time if they are healthy

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are only better than that 2010-11 team if Rose returns to Superstar form, something I severely doubt he will ever return to. I think this team is probably on par with the 2010-11 team with a suspect Rose who may be able to regain star form, but he won't be the MVP type player we saw in 2010-11.

The Cavs have 3 offensive stars to the Bulls zero offensive stars (until Rose proves otherwise at the very least, then the Bulls are still outnumbered). That has trumped whatever team defense or team play a team has put together throughout NBA history. Not to mention LeBron is an All-D Teamer. The Bulls may get lucky and go 2004 Pistons, but I highly doubt it.

This. Right now the Bulls are hopeful they have a #1 back and then have a bunch of #3 or lower guys. They still don't have a true #2. I really don't like the bench much aside from Mirotic, McDermott, and Gibson and even then those guys aren't good enough at this point to be difference makers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whatever Lebron. It's all PR junk. If by some miracle we did beat them in the playoffs, he can just go back and say "oh it's just like I said before the season, they're the better team right now." or whatever other cop out excuse. No one should take this seriously.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..... said what?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever Lebron. It's all PR junk. If by some miracle we did beat them in the playoffs, he can just go back and say "oh it's just like I said before the season, they're the better team right now." or whatever other cop out excuse. No one should take this seriously.

I don't doubt that it was a PR motivated statement. In my opinion, there is some truth in it- intentional or not.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The title of the article is totally misleading just to get people riled up. LeBron (at least we assume) is making the statement based on a chemistry standpoint. But, to be honest, I'm not sure how true that even is when you consider you're adding Rose, who's been on the shelf for two years, Mirotic, Pau, Aaron Brooks and McDermott to the mix. We also have a lot of new parts.

I don't care about what the regular season results will be -- I can only hope that Thibs has finally learned to stop running these guys in the ground in December and January when shit doesn't matter -- rest guys in blowouts. Scale back minutes and give the bench a chance to do what they're supposed to do. Whether we finish with a better record then Cleveland or not is irrelevant: Washington, Cleveland and Toronto are all better. It's going to be tough to make it back to the conference finals. If Rose goes down again for a long stretch, we have no shot.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
He knows they are the favorites. He is just talking.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The title of the article is totally misleading just to get people riled up. LeBron (at least we assume) is making the statement based on a chemistry standpoint. But, to be honest, I'm not sure how true that even is when you consider you're adding Rose, who's been on the shelf for two years, Mirotic, Pau, Aaron Brooks and McDermott to the mix. We also have a lot of new parts.

I don't care about what the regular season results will be -- I can only hope that Thibs has finally learned to stop running these guys in the ground in December and January when shit doesn't matter -- rest guys in blowouts. Scale back minutes and give the bench a chance to do what they're supposed to do. Whether we finish with a better record then Cleveland or not is irrelevant: Washington, Cleveland and Toronto are all better. It's going to be tough to make it back to the conference finals. If Rose goes down again for a long stretch, we have no shot.
I hope so too, but given him playing these guys huge minutes to win a freaking pre-season game against the Hawks 3rd string..I doubt it.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope so to, but given him playing these guys huge minutes to win a freaking pre-season game against the Hawks 3rd string..I doubt it.
I'll say again, the sooner Thibs starts to manage his minutes like Popovich or Rivers in Boston the better this team will be for it.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LeBron is just trying to keep the Cavs under the radar as much as possible.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"But the Bulls never get players around Rose, how can this be even said with a straight face?" Reggie Rose.