Sorry-ano

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
136 Million/8 years.

Those are the numbers that are making me sink into a deep depression. Soriano provides little to no value to our team. He's never been a good fielder, but he's regressed horribly. Not only can't he field, he can't steal bases anymore. And he was brought here to hit the ball. He can't even do that. Honestly, everybody in the world knows that he will flail away at a 2 strike slider low and away. It's embarrassing.

I talked about it in my article (located on the homepage of chicitysports.com) how the Cubs have stated the salary doesn't dictate playing time. However, they need to prove it because Soriano is providing nothing positive to our team. Absolutely nothing! Sure, he'll get hot for a few days (4 hits in 2 days) but then we have to pay double when he goes 2-28.

I'm not saying Tyler Colvin is the 2nd coming of Albert Pujols but give him a shot, he plays great defense and proved that he can smash the ball in the minors and in Spring Training.

Soriano is a good guy, but even he needs to look at himself and admit that he's hurting this team.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I partially agree, Colvin can't replace the production that Soriano can produce. Sure he gets cold, but so does Aramis Ramirez, and he's had a bad start to the season.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
I do think Colvin needs more at bats. This kid is going to be good and we need to get him in there and get more at bats to truly develop him to the potential player he can be. But at the same time we've all seen when Soriano gets hot. With Sori it's a waiting game, but while we're waiting... put Colvin in!

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano is turning into Sosa 2.0. A wild swinger who has zero plate discipline. If Soriano didn't have any power, he would be a worse player than Neifi Perez.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Soriano FTL

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano is turning into Sosa 2.0. A wild swinger who has zero plate discipline. If Soriano didn't have any power, he would be a worse player than Neifi Perez.
Oh god, not Perez...
He brings up such bad memories
neifilimbofinal.jpg