Getting sick of Cubs fans

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Now I've been a Cubs fan for many years, much like a lot of Cubs fans. I've followed them since before I could walk, watching games with my Dad. I gotta say though anymore Cubs fans make me sick.

All the talk about let's fire Lou, let's bring up all these kids and throw them to the fire, let's do this, let's do that. It's sickening. It's the same fans that applauded Hendry for signing Soriano and are now saying that Soriano was a terrible move. Now I agree I was happy with it then, and have been down on him since, but at least I admit it.

Everyone talks about how bad of moves Hendry has made in the years. He is no different than any other GM. Good moves and bad moves are part of the game, along with not realizing that you just put X amount of dollars into a player who isn't going to produce. Let's not forget he is the same GM that put together a few playoff teams. We can't blame him for bad performance on the field in the playoffs.

The last 3 years everyone has sucked Lou's dick talking about how great a manager he is and now all of a sudden because of some arm chair coaching he needs to be fired because his hunch didn't pay off. Just because we possibly have our next manager in AAA, there is absolutely no reason to bring him up just because people think a change needs to be made. It is still early yet. I don't agree with a lot of calls that he makes but I'm not a big league manager put in those situation and neither are any other arm chair fans.

I still say the Castro move was a bad idea. He is doing good at the plate right now but his defense even in the minors was shitty at best. He needed another year in the minors. He isn't going to help the fact that our two big hitting veterans aren't hitting and the bullpen is shaky with all the rookies. Now when he starts slumping the same Cubs fans that clamored for him are going to want him sent to the minors talking about how bad he sucks and how he shouldn't have been called up.

Now I am as disappointed as the next person about how bad the Cubs are playing, and frustrated watching the games as well. I myself question Lou's calls because obviously it's natural. But I don't want him fired either. Do I think the season is lost? No. Do I see us making the playoffs? Not at the rate they are playing. I want them to play better, I don't want another losing season. But the moves that are being talked about are radical moves that do not need to be made. Come September bring the kids up and let them play yes, but not right now. Let Lou finish out the season and start again next year if that is the case.

Ok, I'm done ranting now.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Good Rant..

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now I've been a Cubs fan for many years, much like a lot of Cubs fans. I've followed them since before I could walk, watching games with my Dad. I gotta say though anymore Cubs fans make me sick.

All the talk about let's fire Lou, let's bring up all these kids and throw them to the fire, let's do this, let's do that. It's sickening. It's the same fans that applauded Hendry for signing Soriano and are now saying that Soriano was a terrible move. Now I agree I was happy with it then, and have been down on him since, but at least I admit it.

Everyone talks about how bad of moves Hendry has made in the years. He is no different than any other GM. Good moves and bad moves are part of the game, along with not realizing that you just put X amount of dollars into a player who isn't going to produce. Let's not forget he is the same GM that put together a few playoff teams. We can't blame him for bad performance on the field in the playoffs.

The last 3 years everyone has sucked Lou's dick talking about how great a manager he is and now all of a sudden because of some arm chair coaching he needs to be fired because his hunch didn't pay off.
Just because we possibly have our next manager in AAA, there is absolutely no reason to bring him up just because people think a change needs to be made. It is still early yet. I don't agree with a lot of calls that he makes but I'm not a big league manager put in those situation and neither are any other arm chair fans.

I still say the Castro move was a bad idea. He is doing good at the plate right now but his defense even in the minors was shitty at best. He needed another year in the minors. He isn't going to help the fact that our two big hitting veterans aren't hitting and the bullpen is shaky with all the rookies. Now when he starts slumping the same Cubs fans that clamored for him are going to want him sent to the minors talking about how bad he sucks and how he shouldn't have been called up.

Now I am as disappointed as the next person about how bad the Cubs are playing, and frustrated watching the games as well. I myself question Lou's calls because obviously it's natural. But I don't want him fired either. Do I think the season is lost? No. Do I see us making the playoffs? Not at the rate they are playing. I want them to play better, I don't want another losing season. But the moves that are being talked about are radical moves that do not need to be made. Come September bring the kids up and let them play yes, but not right now. Let Lou finish out the season and start again next year if that is the case.

1. That's what all fans do. If you don't think so you're delusional.
2. OK. Signing someone during Free Agency is a lot different than when he actually plays and sucks at playing defense for you.
3. I could name several GMs that are better than Hendry.
4. No one has really done that AFAIK and Lou is a horrendous bullpen manager. Just look at the last 2 games during the 7th inning. Lou should've used a reliever (Sean Marshall would more than likely gotten out Votto) and it also shows when he keeps using awful relievers like GraBlow.
5. Lou isn't returning after this season. He'll probably retire

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Pfft, your posting is almost identical to the nonsense on the Cubs MB.

Good luck with that one.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I agree, everyone's complaining and wanting people fired is so annoying I want to kill myself sometimes. 'exaggeration'

PlainfieldJoe

Liked Posts:

The last 3 years everyone has sucked Lou's dick talking about how great a manager he is and now all of a sudden because of some arm chair coaching he needs to be fired because his hunch didn't pay off. Just because we possibly have our next manager in AAA, there is absolutely no reason to bring him up just because people think a change needs to be made. It is still early yet. I don't agree with a lot of calls that he makes but I'm not a big league manager put in those situation and neither are any other arm chair fans.

I agree with you that Castro was rushed up to the majors. But now that the kid is here I guess let him play and let him learn. They might as well throw him at leadoff if he's here to stay the rest of his career. It was a worry move to bring him up, Hendry and Lou had to do something, and to put him under the spotlight when we have vets. who aren't performing, is wrong.

You just said it yourself, you want the season to turn around and want to see the Cubs win, thats what we all want. But horrible decision making doesn't help the current situation.

Losing five out of six on the road to Pittsburg and Cincinatti and coming coming back to Wrigley to lose the first game of the homestand is unaceptable. Thats just ONE WIN IN THE PAST SEVEN GAMES!

Somebody needs to be held accountable.

Most fans are armchair fans, but the difference between us fans and Lou is we're not getting paid to make these decisions, Lou is getting paid, and he's getting paid to lose. What makes the whole situation worse is that Brenley up in the booth knows that Lou's making the wrong decisions as well and it seems that Brenley thinks like most of these armchair fans. So when you have a bunch of people singling one person out it makes it obvious Lou is wrong.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
1. That's what all fans do. If you don't think so you're delusional.
2. OK. Signing someone during Free Agency is a lot different than when he actually plays and sucks at playing defense for you.
3. I could name several GMs that are better than Hendry.
4. No one has really done that AFAIK and Lou is a horrendous bullpen manager. Just look at the last 2 games during the 7th inning. Lou should've used a reliever (Sean Marshall would more than likely gotten out Votto) and it also shows when he keeps using awful relievers like GraBlow.
5. Lou isn't returning after this season. He'll probably retire

1. I understand that is what fans do, but to keep mentioning it in every conversation gets annoying as hell.

2. I have no idea what your meaning is for this.

3. I could name several GMs that have done better than Hendry as well. I'm not saying he hasn't made bad moves, but he has made some really good moves as well.

4. Again Lou has made some bad decisions, I don't deny that. But at the same time it's always easier to second guess his moves than to be in his shoes. Sometimes it's easier to go with your veteran (such as the Dempster move) than to want to go to your bullpen who has not done the greatest job at getting people out. Had he removed Dempster and Marshall gave up that run it would be why didn't Demp stay in.

5. I know he is retiring at the end of the year, which is why just let him go through this year. There is always the chance the team could start playing some good ball and turn things around. He can't control how the bullpen pitches or how his hitters hit. We can't blame this entirely on Lou.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Pfft, your posting is almost identical to the nonsense on the Cubs MB.

Good luck with that one.

I agree, aside from the insane super right wing Republican rhetoric that rains on almost every thread. Alot of the guys are either dicks or morons.

I don't care what your politics are when I'm talking about the Cubs,great,you grew up on the north side of chicago, you're white, and you go into a good school.

Now let's talk about how rediculous Soriano's contract is,how much of a pothead Soto is,how Derek Lee needs to go because he cares more about his daughter then winning,Zambrano needs to be traded because he's terrible apparently.

I dunno, there's my very fuzzy rant./(I geuss I just hate the Cubs message board)

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is what it is. The team wasnt built for a long haul. The team is just getting older it was built for a few good runs and we had those. The 2008 team was one hell of a team. 2007 and 2008 were our chances now its time to rebuild.

Lou does suck, he sucked in 07 and he sucks now. He just isn't a good manager, the fact of the matter is that you give a manager the team we had in 07 and 08 and its going to take a lot to fuck it up. Fans will jump on the manager when the team isn't playing well. It is really as simple as that.

Hendry isnt really the problem either. He did what the fans wanted which was stupid and he got Soriano. Soriano might have been okay if he would have stayed in CF, but he didn't and that really screwed the pooch. He is way overpaid, but it is what it is.

While people point out how poor Hendry's deals are he has also made some very good ones. Like getting Aramis, or even getting Derrek Lee. The drafting has been much better and our farm is now better than average, and that should start to pay dividends in the future as well.

The team is just getting older. Soriano is 34, Aramis is 31 (looks about 35 though), Derrek is 34, the core players are getting past their prime, and once that happens its all down hill. The team most likely isnt going to compete in 2010 or 2011, but in 2012 I think we will be able to come back.

Regardless though you are going to have these issues with any fan base.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Agree with poodski. But I think Soriano is overpaid, not a stupid move in getting him though. He seems to be returning to form right now.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree with poodski. But I think Soriano is overpaid, not a stupid move in getting him though. He seems to be returning to form right now.

The length was dumb, especially him moving to LF. He is already 34 and has what 4 years left? I mean paying 18 million to a 38 year old isnt going to be super smart. I mean no way was he going to stay in CF for that long, but I was hoping he would be in CF at least through this season.

nrthsidrfan

Liked Posts:
It is what it is. The team wasnt built for a long haul. The team is just getting older it was built for a few good runs and we had those. The 2008 team was one hell of a team. 2007 and 2008 were our chances now its time to rebuild.........

Agreed. Nobody was asking for Hendry's head when Sori signed this ridiculous contract...or Z...or Rami...He took his best shot and put the Cubs in a position to win the WS in 2007 and 2008, and our superstars choked (generally speaking). Can't blame Hendry for bad playoff performances from guys who performed well the entire season. That's not the GM's fault. It is his fault that he backloaded all these contracts, but that's a horse of a different color.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
The length was dumb, especially him moving to LF. He is already 34 and has what 4 years left? I mean paying 18 million to a 38 year old isnt going to be super smart. I mean no way was he going to stay in CF for that long, but I was hoping he would be in CF at least through this season.

I agree with the length. I didn't like the length of the contract to begin with. I thought getting him was good but they should have just made it a four year contract. Of course who knew our youngsters that play outfield would have turned out as good as they have. Maybe the Yankees will take him back. Hell we got rid of Bradley and his contract when no one (even me) thought they would.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
Good rant indeed, this team is still an improvement over other teams of the past that enjoyed nearly as many consecutive losing seasons as the Pirates do now.

This is really a painful point in the season, but hey we can't all save the world and if you really, really, really think the Cubs are doing that poorly right now, just be glad you're not a fan of the Royals, the ASStros, or the Orioles. 3 teams that deserve better management than they are getting, but need all the fan support they can muster.

Cub fans are the best, I have a child's love of the game and of the team so you can wipe your butt with my comments if you like but...I believe!!!

Wrigley

Liked Posts:
I agree that a lot of Cubs fans are getting annoying talking about how bad we are. It's not Piniella's fault at all, we just haven't been getting the production from the guys that we need to produce.

Lee, Ramirez, and Soto all have been diappointments, but we're not even half way through the season...just back down and wait for the end of the year, then you can judge the team if you want, but don't get all over the Cubs just because they're having a rough start to the year.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This entire thread is invalid for you all not calling out pood for his absurd assertion that Soriano "should have stayed in CF", and the Cubs messed up by "moving him" to LF.

What in God's name is wrong with all of you and how do you overlook this shit?

Soriano has played CF for 12 games in his entire MLB career..and that was in 2007 early in the season...and he sucked...then got hurt. How ws keeping Soriano in CF, a position he had never played prior to 2007, when he is already a defensive liability, in the most important OF position a good idea? Someone answer that. How would that of been a good idea. What about Soriano's outfield play(defense and injury wise) has EVER made anyone outside of pood think he would be even a marginal player at the position? Seriously.

People wonder why Cubs fans get a bad rep..and posts like poods are why.

Soriano in CF FTL..

Last edited by a moderator:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
good rant. right now cub fans are not just frustrated about this year but also about 102 years.