Enlighten Me: Exactly what defensive scheme are we running?

Liked Posts:
It seems we're still running this stupid Tampa-2/Cover-2 bullshit. The opponents receivers get like 10 yard cushions and we get gashed constantly with 10-15 yard plays. Is it just me or are they still running this garbage scheme? There is really no good reason to run it, it doesn't work.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Do you watch the NFL? That's pretty much every scheme anymore unless you have elite corners.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what scheme would make DJ Williams or Shea look good?

*crickets*

sravage

Liked Posts:
The ball hitting DJ Williams right in the head and falling to the floor has been our season so far.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It reminds me of the scheme the Eagles ran when they promoted their oline coach to defensive coordinator under Andy Reid. That also was a disaster if you're curious.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Looks like a type of zone scheme but beyond that :shrug:.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tucker has no scheme.
the fucking miserable excuse for a DC got excited in a blowout loss when the special teams unit blocked a FG. He's fucking awful.

greg23

Liked Posts:
the scheme is....old and slow.

I know it's unlikely to happen this year.......BUT.....if briggs misses more time.......I'd love to see how the following looks:

Bostic at WLB
Sharpton MLB
Jones at SLB

with Sharpton coming off when we go nickel

that's the most speed we can put out there, and while they may be inexperienced together, maybe it gives us a chance to play fast and send an extra rusher during passing downs and/or cover more of the underneath stuff on passing downs (shea it terrible, dj is done and greene looks lost as a defender in the passing game but is a decent st player and wlb backup)

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One week we run one scheme then the next week we cover no one at all.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Looks like a type of zone scheme but beyond that :shrug:.

It does in some certain situations, the problem is some players play zone and 1 player playing man coverage on the same play....not sure if that's coached or the player just winging it. Either way it's shit and lands on the shitty coach, shitty shit shit is what I call it. Or the SSS

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think he just tells them to go zone or cover anyone they want. So they cover no one just like on multiple 3rd and short everyone crashed to one side, gaps were not being filled and we could not stop them.

Our defense got its asses handed to them. We play better on the road but if we do these things this weekend Tom Brady will shred up 3x worse than Tannehill did.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's the "play-the-old-and/or-slow-guys-instead-of-the-fast-guys-who-can-actually-make-plays-instead-of-getting-hit-in-the-face-and-back-with-potential-interceptions" scheme.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It's a hybrid D called QB steroids.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to call it the give up tons of yards and points but make a few turnovers and sacks now and then spreadlegs defense

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
How about the read and chill-ax?