The season is over

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am scared for the future of this team. Right now, where should the hope he placed that this team won't be mediocre for years to come?

There are to many personnel mistakes, they won't be overcome quickly. If Emery drafts lights-out amazing for the next two years, that would help, it would be kind of a do-over with guys on cheap rookie contracts, but I don't see Emery becoming the NFLs best GM any time soon.

Also, Rodgers isn't going anymore anytime soon, and the Lions and Vikings are getting better. (Not the Vikings this year of course, but you can see them getting closer to putting it all together).

This team better get its shit together, because decade-long skids happen to teams relatively often.

The Bears are on a 3 decade skid right now.

Can anyone point to 3-4 years of sustained success this team has had since 1985?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Can anyone point to 3-4 years of sustained success this team has had since 1985?

To me, Allen has been the biggest waste acquired in free agency. His career is OVER.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I read an article earlier that the world will flip on it's axis, maybe they'll win then, LOL

And Soldier field will have a good turf

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Stupid post...

Carolina was a playoff team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
A loss to the Patriots would put the nail in the coffin for sure. Look at the bright side. Derrick Rose is back.
And within 15 games into the season he will have a season ending injury. Ok now back to Bear talk. I agree the Patriot game is a must win.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
hope he stays another year so we can maybe get him in 2016.

I don't think it's unrealistic to assume we could be in position to get him this year. I envision us picking in the top 10 with Oakland picking number 1 overall. Oakland isn't going to give up on the Carr experiment after a year of drafting him. Other teams that could be drafting ahead of us include Minnesota with Bridgewater, New York Giants with Eli Manning, Atlanta with Matt Ryan, New Orleans with Drew Brees.

The teams I worry about drafting a quarterback this year that could be ahead of us in the draft order are TB, Washington, St. Louis, Buffalo, Jets, Texans and Titans. We're only two games ahead of the worst of these teams. All I'm saying, is we could be in position to draft Mariota. Whether Emery is actually willing to do that or not is an entirely different argument, though.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
The Bears have followed the usual script under Cutler, he can't beat elite or border line playoff teams, unless they completely implode ala SF. So the question is can the Bears fix anything during the off-season to help improve the odds of making the playoffs in 2015? I understand for most of you this is going to be very hard to accept but the season is over and I don't know what can be improved for 2015 outside of eliminating Cutler. This is a guy who cannot beat good, well coached teams and they know how to attack every one of his weaknesses. This aspect of Cutler will NOT change no one can fix a guy who is as apathetic as Cutler is to losing. My guess is it's finally starting to wear on Marshall as well which could further complicate the situation.

So the question is at what point do the Bears draft Cutler's replacement and ready to bench him for the rookie? There is no way it can get any worse. Missing the playoffs under any circumstances is as bad as it can be. At some point pressure has to be applied on Cutler and the Bears have to begin to develop his replacement. Two years to begin developing that replacement seems logical, and this year's college QB class seems to be the time to make that move. Yes putting $17-million a year on the bench is not going to be easy, but 2015 should be the year the Bears are prepared to make that call. If Emery and Trestman aren't gutsy enough to make both of these calls, neither should remain with the Bears.

It's funny how POS's like you disappear when things are going well, and then when things go bad, you're back with your same 'ol BS. What a pathetic little life you must lead. :nope:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny how POS's like you disappear when things are going well, and then when things go bad, you're back with your same 'ol BS. What a pathetic little life you must lead. :nope:

Oh no......... Now Papy is pissed once again at someone. Someone needs to give him his enema.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

How? Biff was here all offseason when the board was littered with nothing but "Emery never sleeps", Trestman is a genius", "Cutty will finally realize his potential lead us deep in the playoff". Even though he has been largely right about everything, he is barely posting.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ahh, a Biff post. How we've all missed the whiny cunting.

Rhino_poops.gif

rob923

Liked Posts:
I predict:: Bears will beat the Patriots because they are not supposed to, and because the Pats will consider this an easy win. The Bears, however, will continue to lose their home games after this and end up out of the playoffs. Hey, it's da Bears.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Biff is a hit and run poster.

He's just here to give us hope. Betting against him has decent odds.

Season actually looked bleakest when we lost to GB at home. North is likely not going to have a wildcard this year so beating GB twice was the key. It's not over but last week wasn't the one that hurt us most.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

The question is, or should be, do you think there is a GM in place who can get the team to a consistently successful level?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The question is, or should be, do you think there is a GM in place who can get the team to a consistently successful level?

I do have faith in Phil Emery, this team has more young, developing talent than in the past.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears lose to the Patriots and fall to 3-5.

And the Packers and Lions win to move to 6-2.

Then the season is over. We would be 3 games back of 2 teams.