Reality

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It seems to be everyone on this message boards worst enemy...

Get rid of trestman and emery and Jay...

We had the best rookie this year a pro bowl rookie last year who is creating big holes up the middle for forte this year... Our short yardage situation has improved a ton...

Our historically bad d-line last year is one of the best in the league this year...

Our young linebackers look like they could start someday in this league... Does the unit need help yes... It also needs to be healthy which it wasn't last week... Shea hasn't played more than 2 full games at linebacker same with green... And Williams just isn't the answer in Chicago...

Our wide receiver position which hadn't conformed to the modern era has taken leaps since emery has been here...Alshon and Brandon are great additions to this team... Something that might not have happened without emery as our GM...

The worst o line in the league 2 years ago is just a thing of the past... We have new young promising players moving forward and that unit will only improve moving forward...

Our defensive secondary is nothing special but our d-line has helped by batting down passes and getting sacks... Kyle fuller has looked great and his return will be anxiously awaited... Jennings seems to have lost a step and with peanut out it seems like the whole secondary outside of Mundy and fuller could use some competition this offseason...

To summarize and skip reading... Even if you don't believe in this years team the arrow is pointing up! And the young players we have could develop into future stars... It's not emerys he inherited the joke of a mess that was once Jerry Angelos situation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is far from perfect, but there is undeniable talent to build upon. Despite his rosy-colored Q&A today, Emery is not blind to what's happening here. And even his haters have to admit that Phil attacks weaknesses with unprecedented tenacity. I have faith that (a) Trestman will reign in Cutler, (b) Tucker & DeCamasyphilis will be replaced at the end of the season and (c) Emery will continue his drafting par excellence.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just get rid of Trestman and you will be fine.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Reality; I'm going to finish these last 4 beers, go to bed, and be glad that one of my Chicago teams know how to win a fucking game.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Excellent post OP. Phil Emery is not to blame here. I think a question one could ask to determine whether to blame the coaches or the GM is, "Did you expect the Bears to suck this much at the beginning of the season?" If the answer is "yes", then you blame Phil Emery for not providing the talent. If the answer is "no", then you blame the coaches for not utilizing that talent correctly. Phil Emery has loaded the offense with incredible talent, has provided of litany of young, exciting players on defense, and has infused the team with depth that we never saw during the Jerry Angelo era.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems to be everyone on this message boards worst enemy...

Get rid of trestman and emery and Jay...

We had the best rookie this year a pro bowl rookie last year who is creating big holes up the middle for forte this year... Our short yardage situation has improved a ton...

Our historically bad d-line last year is one of the best in the league this year...

Our young linebackers look like they could start someday in this league... Does the unit need help yes... It also needs to be healthy which it wasn't last week... Shea hasn't played more than 2 full games at linebacker same with green... And Williams just isn't the answer in Chicago...

Our wide receiver position which hadn't conformed to the modern era has taken leaps since emery has been here...Alshon and Brandon are great additions to this team... Something that might not have happened without emery as our GM...

The worst o line in the league 2 years ago is just a thing of the past... We have new young promising players moving forward and that unit will only improve moving forward...

Our defensive secondary is nothing special but our d-line has helped by batting down passes and getting sacks... Kyle fuller has looked great and his return will be anxiously awaited... Jennings seems to have lost a step and with peanut out it seems like the whole secondary outside of Mundy and fuller could use some competition this offseason...

To summarize and skip reading... Even if you don't believe in this years team the arrow is pointing up! And the young players we have could develop into future stars... It's not emerys he inherited the joke of a mess that was once Jerry Angelos situation...

No problem with your post except with this one enormous exception!1

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
...sucks so I created my own.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
No problem with your post except with this one enormous exception!1

I mean he can start and might not need immediate replacing... He is playing behind busted up linebackers... Just like the linebackers played in front of a shit defensive line last year... The safeties are playing in front of young banged up linebackers this year...

We rebuilt both lines rather quickly now we just draft some guys that are elite talents who can play behind them...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Excellent post OP. Phil Emery is not to blame here. I think a question one could ask to determine whether to blame the coaches or the GM is, "Did you expect the Bears to suck this much at the beginning of the season?" If the answer is "yes", then you blame Phil Emery for not providing the talent. If the answer is "no", then you blame the coaches for not utilizing that talent correctly. Phil Emery has loaded the offense with incredible talent, has provided of litany of young, exciting players on defense, and has infused the team with depth that we never saw during the Jerry Angelo era.

While I do agree that Emery has provided ample talent, he's also responsible for providing the coach that can develop that talent. So, ultimately, he can be part of the blame as well. If Trestman doesn't pan out, a lot of the heat will be on Emery to find a worthwhile successor that can make this talent reach its full potential.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
While the OP gets thank banged out the buttocks by the usual dweebs, I didn't see a whole lot of reality in it.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This team is far from perfect, but there is undeniable talent to build upon. Despite his rosy-colored Q&A today, Emery is not blind to what's happening here. And even his haters have to admit that Phil attacks weaknesses with unprecedented tenacity. I have faith that (a) Trestman will reign in Cutler, (b) Tucker & DeCamasyphilis will be replaced at the end of the season and (c) Emery will continue his drafting par excellence.

A Q & A posted at the team website feels like little more than a PR move by the team. I imagine Emery's honest thoughts are much different away from a public spotlight.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
the team has talent. the coaching staff is not putting them in positions to win. i don't really understand why, but the bears are the definition of square peg in a round hole. on offense and defense. nothing this team is trying to do makes any sense with the players they have.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:slap::alborland::cmonman::gtfo:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
While the OP gets thank banged out the buttocks by the usual dweebs, I didn't see a whole lot of reality in it.

He gets props for typing all that on a phone.