Ten Year Hinrich: Franchise Records Rank Review for 2014-15

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
http://www.chicitysports.com/2014/10/22/ten-year-hinrich-franchise-records-rank-review-2014-15/

Having a long career, namely a career to have been loyal to a single franchise, comes with certain perks and ranks. Going into the 2014-15 season, we’ll count down just how many statistical categories Captain Kirk are from moving up the all-time Bulls records.

I try to do one of these every year before the season starts. Just some numbers to look for throughout the season. Appreciate Like/tweets :) Thanks.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I see, we have a wise guy.

Anyhoo, that's in the article too, but he wont be moving up this year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Joakim blocks thing at the end seemed a bit random, but that's cool that he's already so high up on the list. I can see Hinrich advancing past a lot of those milestones.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The Joakim blocks thing at the end seemed a bit random, but that's cool that he's already so high up on the list. I can see Hinrich advancing past a lot of those milestones.

I did something similar before, much more in depth, 3 part article. But this year, Kirk just dominated the list, so I kept it simple.
http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/07/25/movin-on-up-bulls-all-time-statistics-projections/ <-last one. And wow, one of the site updates messed up my formatting. LOL. Oh well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did something similar before, much more in depth, 3 part article. But this year, Kirk just dominated the list, so I kept it simple.
http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/07/25/movin-on-up-bulls-all-time-statistics-projections/ <-last one. And wow, one of the site updates messed up my formatting. LOL. Oh well.
lol it's all good

I just figured it'd be all about Hinrich since it was in the title. Maybe you can stick in an "oh by the way" type of transition before that last stat to make it seem less random? Just a suggestion. Either way, good stuff.

And wow that other article must've been a lot of work.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most time dribbling around the perimeter?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Dribbling Ball Around Perimeter in Minutes All-Time Franchise Record

RankPlayerMinutes
1Bob Weiss9427
2Norm Van Lier7433
3Ricky Sobers5266
4Randy Brown4278
5Kirk Hinrich4108
6Ronnie Lester3122
7Jannero Pargo2202
8John Paxson1788
9Dave Corzine1233
10John Lucas III701

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steve Nash never gets bashed for dribbling the ball a lot.

Absolutely correct. You nailed it. But then again, Nash could shoot the ball well. Nash also could dish the ball to a guy who became wide open because ofthe threat that Nash drew people to him. Then there is Hinrich dribbling the ball around the perimeter:)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely correct. You nailed it. But then again, Nash could shoot the ball well. Nash also could dish the ball to a guy who became wide open because ofthe threat that Nash drew people to him. Then there is Hinrich dribbling the ball around the perimeter:)
Hinrich actually gets a lot of assists by dribbling the ball around a lot. Part of the issue is that he had guys who were not getting open, or were not reliable to score so even if he did pass, that just resulted in nothing. Keeping the dribble alive is actually something PGs are encouraged to do when they don't see anything they like. I'm not saying Kirk is Nash, but keeping your dribble alive does allow you more options than a dead ball.

RichTUK

Liked Posts:
I'd take building on plays and not getting nervous when the shot clock hits single digits than a guard that tries to force a pass or take an 18 ft shot and leaving open guys stood around wondering why they are even meant to be in the game, when there's still huge time left on the clock... Nate was terrible for that, I had to smoke every time he came on the court to calm down, even if he came on just for a huddle.

Long live Captain Kirk!!