Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Y1RKOlA8ghA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1RKOlA8ghA[/video]

So, i'm not sure about the rest of you, but I still hold the Halo series as the cream of the crop when it comes to online gaming. Halo 4 didn't compare to the other games in the series but I always felt that Halo did it right. No EXP to deal with, instead, you got ranked on skill. Weird, right? But, that's how it should be. And that's what this game brings. It consists of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and their multiplayer modes, complete with their full set of add-on content. All games received graphical upgrades for the release, but Halo 2 received a Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary-style high-definition overhaul. The release will also ship with access to the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta. It also uses Halo 2's ranking system so you can actually play against people your skill set. It ships on 11/11 and I for one will be getting this game. Some of my best memories of online gaming were due to the fun I had playing these games and i'm hoping this can bring the magic back.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
So are you able to play all the different Halo games online with this? I had a lot of fun with Halo 1. I remember about once a month, a bunch of people from the building I worked in would bring our Xboxes and set up a Halo LAN and go at it for a few hours. You don't really get that type of experience nowadays with online gaming.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
So are you able to play all the different Halo games online with this? I had a lot of fun with Halo 1. I remember about once a month, a bunch of people from the building I worked in would bring our Xboxes and set up a Halo LAN and go at it for a few hours. You don't really get that type of experience nowadays with online gaming.

Yes, you can play ball all the different Halo games online with this. And I agree 100% about not having that same experience anymore. Personally, I think it's because since EXP was introduced players didn't have to work as a team anymore because you didn't play for a rank that you could be proud of you just played for points to level up.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just a warning to anyone that is thinking about purchasing this game: the servers are completely fucked up. I tried 10 different times on different days to get into an online game and I was only successful once. It would just keep loading forever with no results or I would get an error message. I thought it was just my connection but after doing some research, it's the game and everyone seems to be having these problems.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Halo have dedicated servers yet, or is it still peer to peer?