Brandon Marshall Wednesday Nuggets: "Jay and I Are Fine"/"Wouldn't Change Reactions"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall Wednesday Nuggets: "Jay and I Are Fine"/"Wouldn't Change Reactions"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...randon-marshall-showtime-20141021-story.html#

Brandon Marshall dismisses rift with Jay Cutler, 'We're great'

By Rich Campbell

ars receiver Brandon Marshall stood by his emotional outburst and his quarterback Tuesday, two days after media overheard his postgame rant inside the Soldier Field locker room.

Marshall’s venting session after Sunday’s 27-14 loss to the Dolphins sparked outside questions about team cohesion and leadership. Media waiting to enter the locker room heard him yelling because the locker room door had not yet closed to begin the league-mandated postgame cooling off period.

On Showtime’s “Inside the NFL,” Marshall reinforced his frustration over the Bears’ 3-4 record.

“The only thing that I regret is that the door wasn’t closed,” Marshall said. “I wouldn’t change any of my reactions because they came from my heart, and that’s how I felt, and that’s how I still feel. I think that we have all the coaches we need. I think we have all the players that we need to get the job done. And 3-4 is unacceptable, but we have everything that we need to turn the ship right now.”

Marshall also dismissed the notion there’s a rift between him and quarterback Jay Cutler.

“I have a really nice condo. And guess what? Jay Cutler built that condo,” Marshall said. “We’re great. We’re great. You know, we’re like brothers. I think Coach (Marc) Trestman said it the best. But if I have a problem with Jay Cutler I’m going to go to Jay Cutler. If Jay Cutler has a problem with me, he’s going to come to me. We have that type of relationship.”

Marshall had six catches for 48 yards and no touchdowns in the Bears’ third straight home loss of the season. Afterward, a voice that sounded like Marshall’s yelled, among other things: “When you play with heart, it’s supposed to hurt!’”

Linebacker Lance Briggs said Tuesday that he left the locker room as players released their frustrations.

“It was an emotional moment for a lot of us, and I started to hear people starting to get loud in the locker room, and I got out,” Briggs said on his weekly show on CSN.

“I just left because I could see where things were kind of going. I knew that when you get emotional — there are moments when you’re in an argument and both people are emotional — you’re not going to get anywhere if you continually argue. I truly believe in sleep-on-it, and you come back with a clear head and then you can discuss how you feel or discuss things that we need to correct or move forward.”

The Bears will return to practice Wednesday with the benefit of time away. They have regrouped from disappointment previously this season — they followed a Week 1 upset defeat against the Bills with a victory on the road against the 49ers — but this week’s adversity seems more intense.

The Bears’ offense, stocked with Pro Bowlers and saddled with commensurate expectations, has been inconsistent. In all likelihood, it must be sharp Sunday to knock off the Patriots on the road.

Marshall on Tuesday echoed teammates’ belief that team chemistry is strong enough to endure this challenge.

“We don’t have just relationships in the huddle,” he said. “We support each other off the field with our initiatives. We support each other. We have date nights together. This is a tight-knit group, and we’re going to continue to be that way.”

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...-change-any-of-my-reactions.html#.VEe-XIvF-AY

Brandon Marshall on locker-room rant: ‘I wouldn’t change any of my reactions’

BY PATRICK FINLEY Staff Reporter October 21, 2014 11:24PM

Brandon Marshall said Tuesday that his only regret about his locker-room rant after the game Sunday was that reporters heard it.

“Absolutely, my voice was heard,” he said on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL.” “The only thing I regret is that the door wasn’t closed. I wouldn’t change any of my reactions because they came from my heart, and that’s how I felt and that’s how I still feel.

“We have all the coaches we need. We have all the players that we need to get the job done. And 3-4 is unacceptable, but we have everything that we need to turn this ship right now.”

He said his relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler was strong.

“I have a really nice condo, and guess what: Jay Cutler built that condo,” he said. “We’re great. We’re great.

“We’re like brothers. . . . If I have a problem with Jay Cutler, I’m gonna go to Jay Cutler. If Jay Cutler has a problem with me, he’s gonna come to me.

“We have that type of relationship.”

At least one player — injured linebacker Lance Briggs — left before teammates, Marshall most vociferously, were done screaming after the 27-14 home loss to the Dolphins.

General manager Phil Emery, in a chat through the Bears’ website, said he sees the team as a family.

“As with all families, there are a lot of varied personalities and how individuals handle challenging and controversial times,” he wrote. “All of us in our organization understand that Brandon Marshall is a truly great player. He cares more about others than himself. He’s shown consistent leadership helping others and is a very important member of our team.

“The fact that he expressed himself verbally in a loud way after a tough loss does not disrupt us in our goals, or our togetherness in achieving those goals.”

Email: pfinley@suntimes.com

Twitter: @patrickfinley

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
“It was an emotional moment for a lot of us, and I started to hear people starting to get loud in the locker room, and I got out,” Briggs said on his weekly show on CSN.

Team Leader, my ass.

:smh:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is unfortunately not shocking at all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...randon-marshall-showtime-20141021-story.html#

Brandon Marshall dismisses rift with Jay Cutler, 'We're great'

By Rich Campbell

Linebacker Lance Briggs said Tuesday that he left the locker room as players released their frustrations.

“I just left because I could see where things were kind of going. I knew that when you get emotional — there are moments when you’re in an argument and both people are emotional — you’re not going to get anywhere if you continually argue. I truly believe in sleep-on-it, and you come back with a clear head and then you can discuss how you feel or discuss things that we need to correct or move forward.”

Cutler bailing on his show was less than ideal, but I imagine he knows that there was a high likelihood that he could make things worse by being there.

But Briggs bailing on his team in the midst of a possible pivotal season defining moment. Holy shit. He is a pro bowl talent that has never once shown an ounce of being anymore than a NFL player, not a "Bear."

He is a punch the clock player.

2007:
"I'll do everything in my power to not be in this organization." He added: "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago."

2011 while still under new contract:

”The Bears made their decision, now I have to make mine. It’s just how the business works. It’s not going to take away from what I do on the field. I’m 100 percent a Bear, until I’m not a Bear anymore.”

Does any of this sound familiar? Is it starting to ring a bell with any of you?

Briggs has filed a formal request to seek permission for a trade. He said if the Bears won’t pay him what he wants, then he wants to find a new team who will meet his salary demands. Briggs wishes to never play for Chicago again if they will not give him what he wants.

There is a guy, as a fan, I will not think about one bit once he is gone.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is unfortunately not shocking at all.

Cutler bailing on his show was less than ideal, but I imagine he knows that there was a high likelihood that he could make things worse by being there.

But Briggs bailing on his team in the midst of a possible pivotal season defining moment. Holy shit. He is a pro bowl talent that has never once shown an ounce of being anymore than a NFL player, not a "Bear."

He is a punch the clock player.

2007:
"I'll do everything in my power to not be in this organization." He added: "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago."

2011 while still under new contract:

”The Bears made their decision, now I have to make mine. It’s just how the business works. It’s not going to take away from what I do on the field. I’m 100 percent a Bear, until I’m not a Bear anymore.”

Does any of this sound familiar? Is it starting to ring a bell with any of you?

Briggs has filed a formal request to seek permission for a trade. He said if the Bears won’t pay him what he wants, then he wants to find a new team who will meet his salary demands. Briggs wishes to never play for Chicago again if they will not give him what he wants.

There is a guy, as a fan, I will not think about one bit once he is gone.

I completely agree.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
“When you play with heart, it’s supposed to hurt!’”

I'm glad that that was the tone of Marshall's complaints, because that's exactly how you'd hope the team would feel. I'm feeling a lot less concerned about the post game yelling now that I know the substance of it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So Micahel C. Wright ever going to fix his "report" on Marshall calling out Jeffery? or nah?

BlackBear

Liked Posts:
Thing is Briggs is already gone hes just going through the motions collecting checks till its time to pack up and call it a career. With the walking out him jumping in there would have made it bigger because then you will get offense guys against the defense so the whole team going at it could have really made it worse.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
People are forgetting that Marshall and Cutler are very good friends - going back 10 years.

Friends yell at each other every know and then. Brothers do it to each other all the time.

It really is a mountain out of a mole hill and a story created by the media to create some narrative as to why the product on the field sucks.

There are many teams that are underachieving. It has nothing to do with locker room yelling. Every year there are teams that underachieve. There are teams that overachieve.

Welcome to sports.